Disney Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek at New 'Beauty and the Beast' Musical

LauraS

• 3 weeks later...
Does anybody know how long these shows are shown on board for as we go on the Disney Dream in October 2018 and would love to see this performance. Thanks in advance.

it's only just being introduced in the fall, so i find it hard to believe that they would remove it after only a year.

these shows stick around for many years. It costs them a fortune to stage a new show. No way are they going to take it down quickly.

We were told by a stage manager that the shows must run on a ship for 7 years in order to recoup all costs. That's not totally true as many of the costs are shuffled between different parts of Disney (for instance, DCL pays Disney Costuming to make all the costumes, and there is a markup charged by the costuming department). But bottom line, the shows stick around for a very long time. Sometimes there are upgrades to good shows (there were major tech upgrades to Disney Dreams at one point, scenes were added to change Golden Mickeys as new movies became popular) and sometimes revisions are made to "not so good" shows (there were at least 3 versions of Villains). Early on, a couple of "not so hot" shows didn't last long, but now....they plan on at least a 7 year run. However, each ship has different shows running--another reason some people choose to move among the ships.

We were told by a stage manager that the shows must run on a ship for 7 years in order to recoup all costs. That's not totally true as many of the costs are shuffled between different parts of Disney (for instance' date=' DCL pays Disney Costuming to make all the costumes, and there is a markup charged by the costuming department). But bottom line, the shows stick around for a very long time. Sometimes there are upgrades to good shows (there were major tech upgrades to Disney Dreams at one point, scenes were added to change Golden Mickeys as new movies became popular) and sometimes revisions are made to "not so good" shows (there were at least 3 versions of Villains). Early on, a couple of "not so hot" shows didn't last long, but now....they plan on at least a 7 year run. However, each ship has different shows running--another reason some people choose to move among the ships.[/quote']

I didn't remember how long disney Dreams had been around until I found a thread I had started about a cruise we took in July 2003 and I mentioned seeing it then (along with one of my favorite shows, which I miss greatly - Hercules, The Muse-ical).