Questions regarding the embarkation day

A_Father_of_two

Can I cam early on the embarkation day and drop my luggage? And how early they are open at the port?

When I did online check-in the earliest time I could find was at 1:00pm, if I went there let's say 9 am, can I get in the ship early?

The departed would be from Dover, UK

Can I cam early on the embarkation day and drop my luggage? And how early they are open at the port?

When I did online check-in the earliest time I could find was at 1:00pm, if I went there let's say 9 am, can I get in the ship early?

The departed would be from Dover, UK

The port opens to new cruisers (cruise departing that day) at 10:30. The earliest that I've read of people being able to enter via private transportation, and drop bags before parking is arougn 10:15.

Once the terminal opens (10:30) for check in, actual boarding doesn't begin until around 11:30. When you do your online check in you select a Port Arrival Time. That time is tied to the boarding number you will receive when you check in at the port.

When boarding begins, the first to board is the Family Of The Day, followed by Concierge guests. Then Platinum Castaway Club members. THEN they start calling boarding numbers. Once the boarding number being announced catches up to the boarding number being issued at check in Open Boarding is called (anyone holding any boarding number may board).

I'd suggest to you that you should plan to arrive around 12:15-12:30. Typically that's right around when open boarding is called, or real close. If you arrive earlier than your selected PAT, and the terminal is full, you may be asked to wait to enter until either the terminal is less busy, or your PAT.

Even if you are able to enter the terminal early and check in then, you'll still receive the same boarding number as if you arrived at your selected PAT. You'll see others arriving after you (at their correct PAT) board before you do.

Now, all that info is how it works at Port Canaveral. But, when we've embarked DCL at other ports it worked the same way.

If you arrive at 9, you'll find the port closed to incoming traffic. They need to get the passengers from the last cruise out before they are ready to allow new cruisers in.

All info totally as above. The only thing we've experienced at ports other than PC is that they sometimes run later than PC. For example, in Barcelona on one cruise they didn't allow new guests into the terminal area until 11:30 and boarding didn't start till after noon. We've cruised out of Barcelona several times, but this only happened once.

I'll echo Shmoo--if you arrive at the terminal about 12:15, by the time you have checked in they will likely have announced "Open boarding" and you'll be able to board and have lunch with no delay.