Your favorite magic server

terkov

we are headed in a Mediterranean cruise in August on the magic. We have had some AMAZING servers on past DCL cruises but also that were just ok. ( didn't impact our trip, but didn't make dinner special if that makes sense)

Anyone have someone they love?we are looking for friendly, fun and maybe even tricks for our 9 year old. But really just someone that is thoughtful and personable.

Thanks!!

Alex Ocampo. He was our server on our very first DCL cruise in 2005, which was on the Magic. We have seen him on several subsequent trips, most recently on the Dream in December 2016. Great guy, experienced, knows the menus inside out and backwards, known to perform tricks and practical jokes, like when he slipped a "whoopie cushion" onto my chair as I was sitting down. He was due for a new contract, and might end up on Magic again.

Our server was Suttipong from Thailand on the Magic March 2017. He had several impressive magic tricks. That was our first cruise so nothing to compare with, but we were very happy with the service.

• 2 weeks later...
Our server was Suttipong from Thailand on the Magic March 2017. He had several impressive magic tricks. That was our first cruise so nothing to compare with, but we were very happy with the service.

Is this different from Sampong? Sampong is original crew from 1998, and is amazing. We've never had him at dinner but have enjoyed him at sit down lunch. And we watched him with one of those horrible tables--10 adults at one large table ignoring 9 kids at their own table and Sampong managing the mess. Seriously, only one set of parents ever said anything to their kids the entire week. That dad talked to us later...the cruise was paid for by his in-laws and he couldn't deal with any but his own kids. The kids were basically OK, but a little parenting would have gone a long way to stop the running around the table, etc. We even said something to Sampong, who laughed and said that as long as he kept the Mickey Bars coming, all was well. On our next cruise, we asked whether he'd received his sainthood notification yet--at that point, he said , "Oh, you mean table number XYZ. Yes, they were a handful."

We have many favs, but I don't know who is on the Magic this summer.

sampong is awesome we had him for our first and saw him on our second. Even remembered our kids. After 2 years. Which is a massive feat considering the kids he would have come across.

Please note that not all server requests can be met. We had one cruise where 19 guests had requested our favorite server after boarding. (This person is no longer in a server position). We, as a party of 2, were able to be added to the serving station; the others were seated with other servers. We learned this from one of the disappointed guests.

Somipong was my twin brother's server and he mistook me for him. His personality is great!!! We had Ricky Legal from the Philippines in the last 3 European cruises and have requested him each time.

Funny how I am always almost recognized every time I am on the Magic. My family is on the Magic almost annually ( missed this year due to the ABD Rhine River cruise) doing the European cruise and so too is my brother. Unfortunately my twin and I can never cruise together due to the nature of our work. He usually embarks the ship the day I disembark.So many think that we are doing BTB on the Magic each time.

Is this different from Sampong? Sampong is original crew from 1998' date=' and is amazing. ."

We have many favs, but I don't know who is on the Magic this summer.[/quote']

Different person. Suttipong does not look old enough to have been a server 20 years ago! He is maybe late 20s-early 30s?? He mentioned he has a 4mo old son. He was very nice, always smiling. We saw him on the pool deck one day, he came up and greeted us by name and gave our 2yr old a hug.

• 4 weeks later...
sampong is awesome we had him for our first and saw him on our second. Even remembered our kids. After 2 years. Which is a massive feat considering the kids he would have come across.

By chance do you remember where he was from? Thank you!!

By chance do you remember where he was from? Thank you!!

Hi. We are pretty sure he is from the Phillipines. As I remember talking about a dive trip I did there with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
How do you ask for a particular server? Can this be done in advance or onboard only?

You add the request to your reservation via a phone call to DCL. If you used a TA, they must make this request. Please note that if you request a particular server, you cannot also request rotation as this confuses them. The people doing the assignments won't know what is most important to you if the server you've requested is not on the rotation you requested. As with all special requests, we go to "Dining changes" after boarding to see whether our request was granted or if it can be at that time if not already done.

DCL cannot tell you whether a particular server will be on the ship at the time of your cruise, so requesting a server is a little chancy. We often ask our favorites about their schedule before the end of a current cruise if we know when our next cruise is scheduled.

We just returned from three weeks on the Magic. Our favorite server was Bradford from India. He is personable, and speaks and acts with Disney values (which he can articulate really well). He went out of his way to stop and talk to us in Cabanas as well, and was working in a supervisory position in that venue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Returned from European cruise on the Magic and Romain from Jamaica was our server. My kids, 14 and 12, loved him and I thought he was excellent. Just a great relaxed and professional attitude. Biggest tip I have ever left on a Disney cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

WE LOVE SAMMY....Have had him 4 different cruise / we always ask for to be our server...He is now part of our family!

Is this different from Sampong? Sampong is original crew from 1998' date=' and is amazing. We've never had him at dinner but have enjoyed him at sit down lunch. And we watched him with one of those horrible tables--10 adults at one large table ignoring 9 kids at their own table and Sampong managing the mess. Seriously, only one set of parents ever said anything to their kids the entire week. That dad talked to us later...the cruise was paid for by his in-laws and he couldn't deal with any but his own kids. The kids were basically OK, but a little parenting would have gone a long way to stop the running around the table, etc. We even said something to Sampong, who laughed and said that as long as he kept the Mickey Bars coming, all was well. On our next cruise, we asked whether he'd received his sainthood notification yet--at that point, he said , "Oh, you mean table number XYZ. Yes, they were a handful."

We have many favs, but I don't know who is on the Magic this summer.[/quote']