4 to a room

jellybeana

I just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Elation and had a great time. I was by myself and had an inside cabin on the main deck. Plenty of room for one person.

Now, my sister wants to come with me, no problem, then she decided to bring her 10 year old daughter, getting cramped. Now she thinks we can squeeze in her 22 year old son. We're a close family but this is rediculous.

Some of the return passenger prices are great and she's strapped for money and seems to think we can all fit. When I go on line, you can book 4 to a cabin. None of us are high maintenance, not a lot of luggage or bathroom hogs.

My question is, can 4 really fit in any of the rooms even if we book a bigger room? If so what room would be best for us.

Thanks

Hi Jelly- Yes you can all fit in a cabin for four. Make sure that it is a four bed room. We do it all the time on the Riviera deck of the Paradise.

Just a few tips to keep your sanity.

-Keep the beds as twins against the walls, much more walking room that way.

-Everyone gets one drawer, one shelf and part of a closet. Smallest gets the pencil drawer in the vanity.

-One shelf in the Medicine cabinet for each.

-Unpack when you board (or asap) and stow luggage under the bed.

-Bring extra hangars

-and an Extension cord

-The hardest time we have is getting dressed for dinner. Like you we have 3 females and one male. Dad gets the bathroom first and leaves the cabin, then us girls get ready and he isn't in the way. (I am assuming that you are female)

-We only sleep and use the bathroom in the cabin, otherwise we are wandering the ship. If we were 'stay in the cabin people' I would go crazy.

Have fun!

Jellybeana,

How soon are you planning on taking that next cruise?

On many of the the Paradise and Elation sailings between now and end of March, you can get 2 rooms for 2 for about the same price as an equivalent room for 4,sometimes for even less, if you book using a Mastercard and get the $100 OBC for each room booked.

It can get pretty tight with 4 in a standard cabin. We've done this 5 times with our two DD's. At first it wasn't so bad but the last time they were 18 and 21. The room was very thight with three women in the room.

This is the quad cabin from the Inspiration with two pull downs. The person who sleeps next to the window has to be very cautious when they get out of bed.:o (The fourth bed was just below the upper on the right.)

2749537990098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

4 in an inside room, an OV or a balcony - fine if you are college age kids traveling but as adults?, even with younder travelers, I say NEY NEY NEY. A cruise is something to be truly enjoyed. 4 in an inside room is way too cramped. If I had my family of 4 - DH, me, and 2 DD, 12 and 18, we would strangle each other before the end of the trip. 4 in an inside room - NOOOOOOO!!!! Just my opinion.:D

I've done it, twice, and it's not that bad. Yogi gave great advice. Especially the part about leaving the lower beds as twins, pushed against the side walls, directly under the upper beds, like true bunk beds. This will greatly maximize open floor space which is the hardest part of having 4 in a cabin, actually having room to move around. If you're doing the Elation again, all the rooms are the same size except for the suites, so it doesn't really matter what type of room you get. But I would try to get one with two uppers as opposed to one with one upper and a roll-away bed. Again, the roll-away would take up valuable floor space. Good luck.

It can get pretty tight with 4 in a standard cabin. We've done this 5 times with our two DD's. At first it wasn't so bad but the last time they were 18 and 21. The room was very thight with three women in the room.

That's camping on the ocean:eek:

You gotta be crazy to stick 4 people in a room. It's way to small, especially an inside...

It's not that bad.. Really. We are experienced, and organized, and we don't overpack, and we don't spend much time in the cabin. So it was doable for us. We did it 3 months ago with my adult kids, ages 18 and 20. On Fantasy class ships, all the cabins are the same size, except for the suites. Don't let anyone scare you out of it. How much time are you really in the cabin anyways? Unless you have a balcony (which is a suite on a Fantasy class ship), the answer is, not much..

MY easy answer would be...

If you can afford two inside rooms...change nd go that way. BUT if you can't, or if for any reason you CAN"T do two rooms...then by all means share a room and go together. Four people in an inside is do-able as long as everyone can get along and keeps a good attitude. Especially since you aren't bringing romantic partners who would need some privacy!

We've done it both ways...ANY cruise is better then NO cruise. LOL

Our cruise next week...I booked my two sons (23-20) their own room so they'd hav e plenty of space...they quickly started hunting friends to invite and share the room with them... Then my sister wanted to come, but was a solo pasasenger so we offered her a bunk in my room. I'd rather have more friends and family then the wee bit of extra space and the few extra minutes of privacy.

Take the above advice on dividing room space...and kick out the older guy when it's time to get dressed.

Book it and have fun!

Vicki

We've sailed twice with our teenage (now 20 and 21) sons in the same room...they weren't little boys at 6' or so even then. Never had a problem. I cherish every moment I have with them as they grow up too fast, even if that means a little bit of coziness now and then.

On Carnival ships, the inside is the same size as OV or balcony. I'm on the Pride and I'm sailing with my 2 teenage kids in one room. I agree to get 2nd room if price is comparable. On ours, price was way too much for second cabin as 3rd & 4th passenger sail at $199/pp in our cabin so we are gonna be one happy family. However, depending on the ship, the layout may be very manageable. Hubby & I in the king and one on the sofasleeper and one on the upper with lots of room to walk around. Not that bad.

1369442392_Carnivalquad.jpg.318d2eca69c1d1b30c6962487ea7a156.jpg

We've been 4 to a room since we started cruzin 12+ years ago! Of course, we are all family (parents/grown kids) and it does get a bit crowded, especially before evening dinner! But, we spend about 2 hours a day in the cabin so it is not a big deal. We have figured out that Mom and Pop get ready first then go have a nice quiet drink in the atrium lounge while the girls are getting ready. Makes us a lot more congenial...if you know what I mean!

Archived