Knowledge of Dubai, please?

English Tim

We are staying pre-cruise at Arabian Courtyard Hotel. We'll probably get a cab there from the airport, but the day of our Odyssey cruise, we have booked an 11am trip up the tower and want to take a water taxi on the creek and use the metro. We'd welcome any advice?

We are staying pre-cruise at Arabian Courtyard Hotel. We'll probably get a cab there from the airport, but the day of our Odyssey cruise, we have booked an 11am trip up the tower and want to take a water taxi on the creek and use the metro. We'd welcome any advice?

Below is link to information about Dubai transportation options. The Arabian Courtyard is on the Bur Dubai side of the creek and very close to the Dubai Museum which is housed in the al Fahidi Fort. You can ride across from one side of the creek to the other in a motorized abra for one dirham and is a fun thing to do. You can also cross the creek on the water bus. The water taxi can be rented for private cruising on the creek. The textile souk is on the Bur Dubai side of the creek and the gold and spice souk are on the Deira side. It takes just a few minutes to cross the creek.

The water ferry runs three routes and is different from the water bus or water taxi. One route leaves from Al Ghabaiba near the HSBC building close to your hotel. The other route leaves from the promenade of Marina Mall close to the Marina Mall Metro station which is now called Damac Station. There are a couple different routes that you will see on the RTA web site in the link. They leave at 11am, 3pm and 5pm. I am not sure what time you need to be on your ship for departure. Since your visit to Burj Khalifa is at 11am I am not sure if the ferry times will work for you unless you are departing later.

It is easy to take the metro from Dubai Mall via the metro bridge that connects the mall to the metro station. You could travel to Damac Station and get the water ferry behind Marina Mall and cruise around Atlantis and back or down to Al Ghabaiba by the creek, provided you had time. I would then take a taxi to the port. Let me know if you have more questions as I might have added confusion:confused:

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/rta/home/about/agencies/public-transport/about/Marine%20Transport/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDA9NgnzALbwsXA2ejMD9Dd1NjAwgAykdiyhuZwOWJ0o0dOBLS7aUflZ6TnwR0ZTjI3WbxPu6uAf4GbmaG7q5eJgaePiamRu5BXoYGJoYQeXSzTJDciaLf38_J2cDTNMTU2NHQEyGPz58QeZw-8fPIz03VD07N0y_IDY2oDPbMDEh3VAQAcqlvng!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfTEdFUE8wRjYxR0NQNzBJQkI1RjlIODFKNzA!/

Thank you for your most helpful reply.

Below is link to information about Dubai transportation options. The Arabian Courtyard is on the Bur Dubai side of the creek and very close to the Dubai Museum which is housed in the al Fahidi Fort. You can ride across from one side of the creek to the other in a motorized abra for one dirham and is a fun thing to do. You can also cross the creek on the water bus. The water taxi can be rented for private cruising on the creek. The textile souk is on the Bur Dubai side of the creek and the gold and spice souk are on the Deira side. It takes just a few minutes to cross the creek.

The water ferry runs three routes and is different from the water bus or water taxi. One route leaves from Al Ghabaiba near the HSBC building close to your hotel. The other route leaves from the promenade of Marina Mall close to the Marina Mall Metro station which is now called Damac Station. There are a couple different routes that you will see on the RTA web site in the link. They leave at 11am, 3pm and 5pm. I am not sure what time you need to be on your ship for departure. Since your visit to Burj Khalifa is at 11am I am not sure if the ferry times will work for you unless you are departing later.

It is easy to take the metro from Dubai Mall via the metro bridge that connects the mall to the metro station. You could travel to Damac Station and get the water ferry behind Marina Mall and cruise around Atlantis and back or down to Al Ghabaiba by the creek, provided you had time. I would then take a taxi to the port. Let me know if you have more questions as I might have added confusion:confused:

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/rta/home/about/agencies/public-transport/about/Marine%20Transport/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDA9NgnzALbwsXA2ejMD9Dd1NjAwgAykdiyhuZwOWJ0o0dOBLS7aUflZ6TnwR0ZTjI3WbxPu6uAf4GbmaG7q5eJgaePiamRu5BXoYGJoYQeXSzTJDciaLf38_J2cDTNMTU2NHQEyGPz58QeZw-8fPIz03VD07N0y_IDY2oDPbMDEh3VAQAcqlvng!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfTEdFUE8wRjYxR0NQNzBJQkI1RjlIODFKNzA!/