Agadir to Marrakesh

Jaddy

We will be on a Celebrity TA in November. One port is Agadir, Morocco. The ship has a tour to Marrakesh but it is 2.5 hrs. on a bus each way. Have any of you taken this, or a similar tour, to Marrakesh and is it worth the drive time? BTW, the ship is scheduled to arrive 7am and doesn't depart until 10pm. Thanks.

We will be on a Celebrity TA in November. One port is Agadir, Morocco. The ship has a tour to Marrakesh but it is 2.5 hrs. on a bus each way. Have any of you taken this, or a similar tour, to Marrakesh and is it worth the drive time? BTW, the ship is scheduled to arrive 7am and doesn't depart until 10pm. Thanks.

We did the same TA last November and it was fantastic! During our stop at Agadir we had a private tour but explored the area around Agadir. We decided not to take a chance and drive to Marrakesh. The tour was very good, and we don't regret. However, our tablemates took Celebrity excursion to Marrakesh. It was a long drive (like you said 2.5 - 3 hours one way), but they said it was all worth it! They just loved the tour and Marrakesh is amazing.

With such a long stop, go to Marrakesh it is an amazing city and totally worth the drive. Agadir is a bit of a depressing beach town with very little Moroccan character.

• 5 months later...

We too are traveling to Agadir via a cruise. There are three things on our list. Ride camels, visit Marrakesh, and see the goats in the tree that create the oil. We rarely book with the ship preferring the flexibility of a private tour. We will be a group of about 10. Any private tour operators anyone would suggest? is this too lofty a goal for one day. We arrive early and are in port until 10 pm.

There's a good chance you can do all this in one day. We were in Morocco for a week last year. We saw the goats in the Argan trees on the road between Marrakech and Essaouria. There were also a few spots where guys would let you sit on a camel and get a photo. Remember, nothing is for free and a few Dirhams, a smile and "shukran" go a long way...

Obviously, the best way to experience a camel ride is in the desert, but that's a whole day's drive (one way) from the ocean.

I would recommend realmoroccotours.com. They were awesome!

here are some pics we took:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152072552265681.1073741830.567405680&type=1&l=980a700f8c

Cheers, P:)

• 4 weeks later...
We too are traveling to Agadir via a cruise. There are three things on our list. Ride camels, visit Marrakesh, and see the goats in the tree that create the oil. We rarely book with the ship preferring the flexibility of a private tour. We will be a group of about 10. Any private tour operators anyone would suggest? is this too lofty a goal for one day. We arrive early and are in port until 10 pm.

I would stick with the ships excursion on this one. It's a long lonely highway if you get a breakdown, and you wouldn't want to miss the ship.

• 1 month later...

We are porting in Agadir with Royal Caribbean this June. They have a ships excursion AG12 Agadir Souk & Medina of Ancient Taroudant, which we are interested in during. However in the excursion instructions there is no mention of how far one has to walk, if there are any steps hills involved. The excursion is listed as being Strenuous, and that you should consult your doctor before booking, however how can a doctor advise if there is no information.

I do have a slight medical condition, so this is why I am trying to find out what is involved.

I have emailed RC (as yet no reply to 3 emails) I have also phoned RC, they were unable to advise any further.

Just wondering if there is anyone on this forum that has done this excursion.

I am SO glad to see your post. We will be on the same cruise ship in 2016 and I had the same question. I hope to read your review of the ship tour. Thanks.

BTW, I've found "strenuous" to be STRENUOUS. On port visits to the ruins in Ephesus and Athens, the labeling was very accurate. If you have mobility issues, you would probably be better to arrange a different type of tour.

• 1 month later...

We are taking the Connie TA to Agadir. Would like to go to Marrakesh. Have heard Unique Agadir Tours is a good company. They do a tour for $99pp if you have 3 or more. I don't like the ship tours because they have giant busses and little time for individual stops. Would like to travel with no more than 8-10 people. If anyone is interested in coordinating with us or have ideas, our e-mail is kjraschko at gmail dot com. We are 50 somethings who are open minded and of reasonable physical ability looking for a unique local experience and a little adventure.

Jan and Keith

We are on the same cruise, I think, in November and have similar feelings about ship tours. We are considering a small group doing Tadourant and Tioute but Marrakech is really tempting. Do you have a tour guide selected? Hoping to make a decision in next few days. You can e-mail me at myrarubinstein at gmail dot com.

Wondering what you ended up doing in Morocco as we will be there November 2015 on the Constellation.

• 5 months later...
We are on the same cruise, I think, in November and have similar feelings about ship tours. We are considering a small group doing Tadourant and Tioute but Marrakech is really tempting. Do you have a tour guide selected? Hoping to make a decision in next few days. You can e-mail me at myrarubinstein at gmail dot com.

If you need an extra 2 people to join for the trip, email to kellystems@aol.com today Nov 7, 2015. thank you

• 4 months later...
I am SO glad to see your post. We will be on the same cruise ship in 2016 and I had the same question. I hope to read your review of the ship tour. Thanks.

BTW, I've found "strenuous" to be STRENUOUS. On port visits to the ruins in Ephesus and Athens, the labeling was very accurate. If you have mobility issues, you would probably be better to arrange a different type of tour.

Hi John & Carolyn. It will be great to cruise with you again. We are thinking of booking this tour as well. Peter And Anne Marie

Hi John & Carolyn. It will be great to cruise with you again. We are thinking of booking this tour as well. Peter And Anne Marie

We will enjoy cruising with you again as well. I'm not certain if I will book before the cruise on during. John (& Carolyn)