Port of Tunis Changes -- What Lines?

Scorpion0217

Hello All,

I have been doing some research and just trying to see what other cruise lines besides Princess have been re-evaluating their Port of Call for Tunis? I know that Princess changed their June 1st calling, however I'm scheduled to stop there on June 11th.

The only forum traffic I've seen is basically from Princess, but I know a few other lines are heading out in the Mediterranean and stopping in Tunis around beginning of June and wanted to see what the other chatter was going around the cruise world.

Thanks all!

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for?

HAL has some upcoming stops in Tunisia and there was at least one discussion on their board about it.

Are you wanting to cancel? make plans? find out if there is an alternate port?

Cruisemom,

Looking to see if any other cruise lines have made major discussions or talked about cancelling their upcoming sailings to Tunis.

I was booked on a Princess Voyage that has a Tunisian stop in June, but my traveling companions don't want to make the stop, they are hoping that Princess switches the port with something else, so just seeing what people are saying. Thanks!

It's frustrating, but often there is little to no advance announcement about port changes, especially if it's a situation that could go either way. I have been on seven Med cruises and on at least half of them I have had "at risk" ports including Egypt, Tunisia, Israel, Lebanon, and even Syria (several years ago, obviously). From what I've seen, however, most cruise lines (especially the large mass market lines with many American passengers) tend to be very risk-averse.

What happened in Tunis was extremely shocking and terrible, but the sad fact is that such terrorism could happen anywhere. I have visited Tunisia several times and feel very bad for the country. I hope that when it is safe again, people will continue to visit, as they are one of the few "Arab Spring" countries with a legitimate chance at a successful state -- but if tourists stop coming, they will be in bad shape.

Edited by cruisemom42