Cruising out of Port Canaveral....overnight or self-park?

BeadedGoblets

looking for suggestions on the best price on a park n cruise or park n stay or whatever it would be called (where we could leave our car and shuttle to and from a motel).

also looking for the best off-site parking option in Port Canaveral if we don't use the port parking garage.

We just cruised out of Port Canaveral a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Country Inns & Suites. Parking for the week was included in the price. The shuttle to the port was fine and our van was sitting in the same spot untouched when we returned. I am sure there are plenty of hotels in that area that have the same deal.

Edited by Amare06

Yeah, it's not as inexpensive as some places and we were traveling from Virginia so it made more sense for us. They do offer a free hot breakfast and free shuttle. Some of the hotels I looked at only offered a free shuttle for two people and we are a family of four. Like I said, it worked for us but it may not be the best solution for you.

I'm about 1-1/2 hours out, and I too have used "Park-n-Cruise" over, and over with no problems at all. For a short period of time, they were keeping the keys, but must have heard a lot of "disappointment" about that, so they don't do it anymore. Drive in, park the car yourself, put the keys in your pocket, and take the nice van to the ship. 1/2 price of port parking, and no problems. :cool:

"SKY"

I'm about 1-1/2 hours out, and I too have used "Park-n-Cruise" over, and over with no problems at all. For a short period of time, they were keeping the keys, but must have heard a lot of "disappointment" about that, so they don't do it anymore. Drive in, park the car yourself, put the keys in your pocket, and take the nice van to the ship. 1/2 price of port parking, and no problems. :cool:

"SKY"

I understand that they lost some business before they changed back!:) we have used them a lot.

We have stayed at Country Inn and Suites but they started charged a higher rate to leave your car than the nightly rate. I think all hotels charge a higher rate now so we just stay and park in the "Park and Cruise" lot near the port. They let you park and keep your keys like they say in other post and shuttle you to the port for the parking cost, around $5 a day.

looking for suggestions on the best price on a park n cruise or park n stay or whatever it would be called (where we could leave our car and shuttle to and from a motel).

also looking for the best off-site parking option in Port Canaveral if we don't use the port parking garage.

We always stay at the Country Inn & Suites near the port the night before a cruise and use their cruise parking package - Includes the room, Parking, Shuttle Service to and from the port and Hot Breakfast. When you total the parking, shuttle and breakfast out .... the room is basically "free".

We like to go to FishLips the afternoon/evening before our cruise and this hotel is close and well managed. We don't care about going to the beach the day before the cruise so this suits us just fine

http://parkcruise.com/

PnC's deal WAS $7.99/day with rezzie and pay in advance .... competition must be STIFF cuz yes they say $4.99 with no mention of advance ressie requirement.

I used to drive by this place regularly but had not been up that way for several months. In the past when I'd drive by the lot was OVERFLOWING. Last week the lot wasn't full. Me thinks they had a problem time .... they changed ownership and there were several bad reviews. At the same time, Park Port Canaveral came around (just a rebrand of park at the Radisson) so competition ....

SO I check THEIR SITE and see a $4.95 per day price (they were $7.95 previously to claim 'cheapest' ..... and their second facility is unavailable .... aka closed due to low use?) http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/locations.html?gclid=CMz43a6dz8cCFYyQHwod69wDWw#.VeIjPPZVhHx

PPC DOES say this price is with ressie in advance and pre-pay.

Why?

Dunno ... more hotel deals? More folks will to give the port an ARM to park there? DUNNO

Just providing some info so YOU can decide!

Edited by Capt_BJ

http://parkcruise.com/

PnC's deal WAS $7.99/day with rezzie and pay in advance .... competition must be STIFF cuz yes they say $4.99 with no mention of advance ressie requirement.

I used to drive by this place regularly but had not been up that way for several months. In the past when I'd drive by the lot was OVERFLOWING. Last week the lot wasn't full. Me thinks they had a problem time .... they changed ownership and there were several bad reviews. At the same time, Park Port Canaveral came around (just a rebrand of park at the Radisson) so competition ....

SO I check THEIR SITE and see a $4.95 per day price (they were $7.95 previously to claim 'cheapest' ..... and their second facility is unavailable .... aka closed due to low use?) http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/locations.html?gclid=CMz43a6dz8cCFYyQHwod69wDWw#.VeIjPPZVhHx

PPC DOES say this price is with ressie in advance and pre-pay.

Why?

Dunno ... more hotel deals? More folks will to give the port an ARM to park there? DUNNO

Just providing some info so YOU can decide!

Pricing and occupancy may be down since there are less ships here lately.

We are trying the parking at the Radisson for the first time tomorrow. $4.95 a day. A lot of CC people speak highly of them

We used to use Park N Cruise but then they stopped running shuttles over to the ship during the lunch hour which is when we arrived.

They said it was because of a shortage of porters, but only for RCL? Does not make sense.

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/

PPC is operated by the Radisson and they share shuttles ... across the street from one another. PPC uses the parking area of a vacant office building (shuttle support contractor)

PnC is a different operation

When I booked Park Port Canaveral a week ago Park N Cruise was $2 per day more. Just noticed that they have now dropped their price in order to compete with the other place.

The lot at Park N Cruise is not paved. Park n Cruise is before the cruise port, Park Port Canaveral is past it.

Edited by molly361