New RC Terminal at Port Canaveral

RustyHull

I'd say $5 to $10 depending on the number of bags.

We usually have 3-4 checked (med-large) bags and a couple of carry offs. We always get a porter - and have everything hauled to our car in the parking garage. When they go that extra mile for us, we'll usually go with a $20. ONE TIME I did not get change as I should of, and had only $50's and $100's. After realizing this (bags being loaded into the car) I had no choice but to go with a $50 -- can't say I've ever seen a porter THAT happy !

Tom

I'd say $5 to $10 depending on the number of bags.

When arriving at the port, that is reasonable.

When you disembark, and the porter takes you through customs and to your transportation, at least $20, and if there is an exceptional circumstance, even more. And we do that at airports also.

A porter can be your best friend.

We usually have 3-4 checked (med-large) bags and a couple of carry offs. We always get a porter - and have everything hauled to our car in the parking garage. When they go that extra mile for us, we'll usually go with a $20. ONE TIME I did not get change as I should of, and had only $50's and $100's. After realizing this (bags being loaded into the car) I had no choice but to go with a $50 -- can't say I've ever seen a porter THAT happy !

Tom

Trust me, I would have done exactly the same thing. And been happy I did it too. It was worth it.

New terminal is gorgeous. Used it when we were on enchantment in Feb. So beautiful inside. Love the priority area. Got on the ship in a heartbeat as soon as it was opened. Hope we get the same terminal when on Enchantment in Aug.

I was referring to PREVIOUS posts about porters having their own line regardless what port they are in.

The best of my recollection is that it only happens in Canaveral and Tampa, at least in my experience.

Maybe they have the system and will go live when Oasis heads north.

FWIW, we did self assist on Sunday and were in the parking garage in less than 20 minutes. :D

Those ramps are so much better than escalator. Plus lots of customs agents

I love the ramps -- much easier for me than the elevators.

What would be considered an appropriate tip for a porter when you disembark?
We usually tip $20 but as the porters will take you all the way to your car, we tipped $30. If you unload the bags near the door to terminal, it is a nightmare as non-cruisers picking up passengers park at the curb and in 3 or 4 lanes over from the curb. Traffic was horrific in this area.

We have only cruised a few times but by the sounds of it grabbing a porter is the way to go..lol We cruise on Enchantment in Oct. When getting on & off, where would you find a porter? We have always been in a hurry to carry off ourselves but may have to look around a bit. Seems well worth it. :)

We have only cruised a few times but by the sounds of it grabbing a porter is the way to go..lol We cruise on Enchantment in Oct. When getting on & off, where would you find a porter? We have always been in a hurry to carry off ourselves but may have to look around a bit. Seems well worth it. :)

When getting off, you will find porters in the area where you pick up your bags. When getting on, porters will be right where you are dropped off at the terminal.

We get off early by carrying off our own luggage.. Not sure if they would help us get out quicker still or not? Guess its mostly used for those not self-carrying off..

When getting off, you will find porters in the area where you pick up your bags. When getting on, porters will be right where you are dropped off at the terminal.

We get off early by carrying off our own luggage.. Not sure if they would help us get out quicker still or not? Guess its mostly used for those not self-carrying off..

I agree, I doubt the porters would save you significant time.

We usually tip $20 but as the porters will take you all the way to your car, we tipped $30. If you unload the bags near the door to terminal, it is a nightmare as non-cruisers picking up passengers park at the curb and in 3 or 4 lanes over from the curb. Traffic was horrific in this area.

It must get worse after self disembark, we were off ship and picked up by 7:30. Pick up lanes very smooth

What time did boarding start??? If you show up at terminal for noon do you wait a long time to board the ship

Boarding usually starts between 11am and 11:30am.

Can someone post in detail where to go and what to do when ARRIVING at the terminal? We will be doing either the Radisson or car rental shuttles (I haven't decided yet which we will use). Also, I am Platinum so is there a different line for us or just the regular line for check in?

Edited by Teeara

Can someone post in detail where to go and what to do when ARRIVING at the terminal? We will be doing either the Radisson or car rental shuttles (I haven't decided yet which we will use). Also, I am Platinum so is there a different line for us or just the regular line for check in?

There are people at the terminal to direct you, just follow instructions.

There are people at the terminal to direct you, just follow instructions.

Some of us have a hard time following instructions.

Seriously, we've sailed twice out of T1. Enchantment over Easter and Freedom last week. Both times were passenger vehicle drop offs. So here goes that procedure.

Pull in to parking garage look for drop off lane.

Give luggage to porter, ask for tags if you don't have them, tip him.

Walk into terminal, show sea pass

Go through security, show sea pass and appropriate govmt issued ID

Take escalators to upper floor.

Get in appropriate line based on status or accommodation.

Check in and get key card

Go to appropriate waiting areas if boarding has not started.

Go on ship, wait till 1:00 or 1:30 for cabin to open.

It is really easier than any terminal I have cruised out of and I'm really not that prejudiced. Well maybe I am

1435763965939.jpg.9b115db0570666794a66da65b09e0965.jpg

1435763994416.jpg.be28e39c10862262273f0c5161c3f06a.jpg

1435764022390.jpg.0a2ce1921e0befeaa6fd62f978fadadf.jpg

Seriously, we've sailed twice out of T1. Enchantment over Easter and Freedom last week. Both times were passenger vehicle drop offs. So here goes that procedure.

It is really easier than any terminal I have cruised out of and I'm really not that prejudiced. Well maybe I am

One of my pics didn't post

1435764361984.jpg.92e81faf581410788141c807969db7c2.jpg

Where do you get your sea pass??? If you haven't checked in yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk