New RC Terminal at Port Canaveral

RustyHull

Has anyone used the new terminal for Royal Caribbean:confused:?

Is it near the previous terminal building or do you enter the Port from a different entrance?

The new terminal is not in the same place as terminal 10. It is on the south side of the channel. There will be signs directing you to the proper route.

We used the new terminal for the first time last week, after many, many times at the other one. This experience was so much better, easier than the old terminal. Drop off, pay, park, on our way to check in. Much faster and more organized than ever before. Getting off was easy also. Ten minutes or so and we were on our way to the car, after our number was called. I do think that there were way more people doing self carry than ever before.

I just got off Freedom today and will tell you that the new terminal was a nightmare. When I arrived at noon last Sunday, the garage was FULL and had to park a cross the busy street at the Canaveral Port Authority bldg. 20 minute walk. Getting the car was worse because we had to lug all the luggage all the way back. Checking in took forever. "Priority check in for Diamond was lumped with Emerald and lower. Only priority line was for Diamond plus, Pinnacle and suites. Customs took 45 minutes to get through. Tip- get a porter, they have their own line to customs.

I just got off Freedom today and will tell you that the new terminal was a nightmare. When I arrived at noon last Sunday, the garage was FULL and had to park a cross the busy street at the Canaveral Port Authority bldg. 20 minute walk. Getting the car was worse because we had to lug all the luggage all the way back. Checking in took forever. "Priority check in for Diamond was lumped with Emerald and lower. Only priority line was for Diamond plus, Pinnacle and suites. Customs took 45 minutes to get through. Tip- get a porter, they have their own line to customs.

Interesting how two experiences can be so different.

My Mom and her friends were on the same sailing. They arrived at the terminal at 10:30am, checked in and boarded immediately. They were driven to the port so no parking issues.

She said this morning was a breeze. They did have one woman who was in a wheelchair to get off the ship, so not sure if that helped them. They had almost an hour ride home and were home before 10 this morning.

I'm always worried that the parking garage is going to be full. Especially since we no longer arrive at 10:30am. When we parked last Saturday to board the EX we had to park on level 3, I believe there are 4 levels. When you got there you had those on the EX and the EN.

It should get better when the EX leaves until if and when they get a third ship. Or are there others besides RCL that are using it?

Edited by molly361

We will be going on the FOS 4/12 we prepaid our parking. I hope its for the right garage. How can I tell.

All RCL ships are going out of Terminal 1 now.

Also, when I prepaid our parking it asked what ship we were going on.

Thanks for the information on James and his honesty! We will be going in 396 days and was wanting to buy jewelry somewhere but was a bit nervous about the honesty of some of the places! I will definitely go there and check them out :-)

Edited by ddebaets

I don't have experience with using Terminal 10, but I just went out on Terminal 1 last week. We stayed at the Radisson , so we used their shuttle (so I can't give tips on parking at the port itself). What I can say though is that for me, it was one of the absolute smoothest embarkation and disembarkation of any cruise I have been on (this was my 7th).

We arrived via shuttle at 10:30-ish. Had to wait in line about 2 minutes. We had our sea pass cards in hand within 5 minutes of walking in the building. We were directed to a huge seating area (no problem finding a seat). They started boarding within 5 minutes of us sitting down. We were on the ship within 10-15 minutes of walking in the building (they were boarding by status... I just got to Platinum and it was only a short wait while they called Emerald and above before me)

Getting off and finding our luggage was just as easy (we were in group 7 which was called precisely at 8:55am as the sheet said it would be). Found out luggage easy peasy. Grabbed a porter and we were through customs and out the door within 5-7 minutes of walking off the ship. I was back at my car at the Radisson by 9:30a.

All in all, the process went extremely well for me.

Melissa

I don't know if any ships are sailing out of Terminal 10 now??

Carnival is using it now. Also, Explorer doesn't always use T1 if it conflicts with Freedom or Enchantment. That's the problem with non traditional cruise lengths

We just came off the Freedom on 3/1. Check in was a breeze, they did have a little glitch in the computer system but it didn't take long to get back up and running. We were dropped off so did not have to park. We should have got a porter as someone else said because they do go to the front of the line. It still was not bad though. Hopefully next time will be the same.

We always get a porter. well worth the tip!!

• 3 months later...

Just discovered this thread - of course I was not looking for it until I booked the Freedom (last week) for August.

I'm under the impression that they've now got some type of system to track the status/location of your luggage right to the point it's delivered to your stateroom. Can anyone verify if that's the case and, if so, how that works ?

Thanks,

Tom

Just discovered this thread - of course I was not looking for it until I booked the Freedom (last week) for August.

I'm under the impression that they've now got some type of system to track the status/location of your luggage right to the point it's delivered to your stateroom. Can anyone verify if that's the case and, if so, how that works ?

Thanks,

Tom

I thought that the luggage tracking system was only being used on Quantum class which sails out of Port Liberty New Jersey?

Really like the new terminal!!

My best tip would be to get a porter! Very nice young man loaded all our luggage, took us through the customs line for people using the porters and all the way to our Radisson shuttle.

Well worth it.....we tipped him well, but he earned it!!

I thought that the luggage tracking system was only being used on Quantum class which sails out of Port Liberty New Jersey?

I guess it's just not "gone live" here yet. I was going by what I read HERE (and elsewhere) regarding the new terminal.

Tom

I guess it's just not "gone live" here yet. I was going by what I read HERE (and elsewhere) regarding the new terminal.

Tom

Maybe they have the system and will go live when Oasis heads north.

FWIW, we did self assist on Sunday and were in the parking garage in less than 20 minutes. :D

Those ramps are so much better than escalator. Plus lots of customs agents

We are leaving on Sunday on FOS but driving over to Cocoa on Saturday, the 4th of July for the fireworks. We are staying at the Residence Inn that offers cruise parking. Has anyone done this and is it a good idea. I know it is less expensive.

We are leaving on Sunday on FOS but driving over to Cocoa on Saturday, the 4th of July for the fireworks. We are staying at the Residence Inn that offers cruise parking. Has anyone done this and is it a good idea. I know it is less expensive.

Fireworks at the Cove on Thursday, Cocoa Village on Friday and Fischer Park in Cocoa Beach on Saturday. We will watch Saturday from our dune crossover.