Venice: earliest disembarkation time? Splendour. 29 Aug15

Hello there,

Query on behalf of friends. They will be on the Splendour and docking in Venice on 29th August.

What do experienced RCI cruisers think will be the earliest disembarkation time?

They're able to cart their own luggage so can do 'self help disembarkation' -if that an option- with no trouble.

Our friends are wondering if it would be possible to get to Venice Santa Lucia station to catch a train at 0850hrs........is this doable???

Tickets would already have been bought.

Any comments and thoughts appreciated!

Many thanks,

Mr. H.

Easily. Self Depart. Options are walking across the bridge to the Piazzale Roma then cross the street to the train station or if money is no object take a private water taxi direct to the station just make sure its going to Piazzale Roma. I think you can get off by 6 am if you want.

Edited by Trekker954

• 1 month later...

We have done this cruise twice and both times we have departed the ship at 07.30am so there will be no problem. Funnily enough we are going on it again on 29th August?;)

Edited by toptoff

We did this cruise at the start of this month & we're off by 6.30am... We were worried we wouldn't get to the airport til late so got a 4pm flight. Ha ha! We were at the airport well before 8am!

We did this cruise at the start of this month & we're off by 6.30am... We were worried we wouldn't get to the airport til late so got a 4pm flight. Ha ha! We were at the airport well before 8am!

Hello Hailzmick!

Do you know who was on in the Schooner lounge of an evening?

Hoping it will be Anselmo Boles again.

Regards

Brian.

P.S. Did you have a good time?

Hello Hailzmick!

Do you know who was on in the Schooner lounge of an evening?

Hoping it will be Anselmo Boles again.

Regards

Brian.

P.S. Did you have a good time?

Hi. Oh I can't remember his name. It was an older Japanese man with long hair... He was INCREDIBLE!!!! Best singer/piano player I've ever heard! He was a true entertainer.

(I'll have to look thru my cruise compasses to see).

Our cruise critic roll call was DEAD! The people on board weren't as friendly as I'm used to, but maybe because it was only a seven night cruise, so there was mainly super young people.

The staff were the BEST we've had. The ship was pristine & the activities manager was BRILLIANT! (Our Cruise director was at least 60 & was sooooo boring!)

Food was pretty good too.

Hi all!

Hoping to get off ship early in Venice on August 8th. I seem to remember the last time I did this that I could lock up my luggage in port then zip into Venice for a bit before getting to the airport. Flight is at 3:00 pm but desperately want to get my child on a gondola ride...

Any thoughts????

Hi all!

Hoping to get off ship early in Venice on August 8th. I seem to remember the last time I did this that I could lock up my luggage in port then zip into Venice for a bit before getting to the airport. Flight is at 3:00 pm but desperately want to get my child on a gondola ride...

Any thoughts????

I'd leave my bags at the left luggage office in Piazzale Roma rather than at the port. It's near the ATVO airport bus stop