How is the Explorer of the Seas?

Explorer has recently completed a revitalization dry dock.

Staterooms and restaurants were added. Flowrider (surf similator) and pool big screen were also added.

Explorer has recently completed a revitalization dry dock.

Staterooms and restaurants were added. Flowrider (surf similator) and pool big screen were also added.

Do you know what restaurants were added?

We just left her on Wednesday. We had a great cruise and she's a lovely ship, new restaurants as stated above and new carpets etc flat screen TVs and generally looking good. She's 15 years old now as the captain told us so not up to the standards of the brand new ships There's been people giving her bad reports but apart from a few little niggles that are too petty to mention we loved her and would sail on her again anytime.

I hated independence of the seas so it took me some convincing to do explorer in May but I was very impressed. Giovannis table was great, they removed the nightclub to put it in.

What night club did they move?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Explorer, there were a few things that we weren't happy about.

The food in the main dining room very repetitive, food in windjammer same nearly every day. They have also done away with the egg station in the windjammer, you can get a boiled egg, normally hard boiled egg but no fried or omerlette. Yes you could get these if you went to the shapphire dining rom, but when you are a a hurry to get out and about and there is a large amount of people waiting, then what do you do.The entertainment done by the RCC singers and dancers, not good very boring all 3 shows were the same sort of music, 1930, 40's music. Why oh why do they continue to keep selling or offering for sale all the cheap watches and things, they have the same items over and over again. How many watches does one want. Perhaps a better ordinary shop that sells everyday objects at a reasonable price. Not HAREBOW

sweets at $3 a small packet. These cost 89p in the shops. Most of the real shops on board never have anybody in them, so they are a complete waste of space and time. The people maning these ships appear to be bored out of their skins. One was selling plastic handbags for $200 !!!!!

Think we were on a different Explorer , in the Windjammer there were omelettes, scrambled eggs ,cant say for sure about the fried eggs though. The food in the main dining room was good and the windjammer had all the usual selection.

I agree the Royal production shows weren't as good as on the other ships we've been on but the headliner shows were great and so was the CD Rob McNally .

As for the shops on board they were the usual RCI shops and the plastic handbags were a designer brand which I personally wouldn't buy but I did see people buying them... I think its all about personal preferences but I for one would go on her again tomorrow .

Hello everyone, most people seem pleased with the explorer, we are going to New Zealand in march 2016 and I can't wait.

As we have not long booked and prices seemed to have gone up significantly we are in an ocean-view cabin....we have been lucky enough to have a balcony on most other cruises and I am not sure we have made the right decision.

Has anyone stayed on deck 3... Yes deck 3..we also have never stayed on this level - we normally only go there to get off the ship on a tender!!

I want to be able to see out, and at the price we paid we will be able do another cruise later in the year as well.

So, I suppose I just want any feedback on the ocean-view cabins, my SIL & BIL have a promenade room - so any information on either would be great.

Any tips for finding a place to sit and chat would be good too.

There is thousands of threads on gratuities, however I thought that on Australian based cruises the prices were built into the fare...not that I have an issue with the tips as such, just wondering.

And lastly...thanks everyone.

Robin.

Hello everyone, most people seem pleased with the explorer, we are going to New Zealand in march 2016 and I can't wait.

As we have not long booked and prices seemed to have gone up significantly we are in an ocean-view cabin....we have been lucky enough to have a balcony on most other cruises and I am not sure we have made the right decision.

Has anyone stayed on deck 3... Yes deck 3..we also have never stayed on this level - we normally only go there to get off the ship on a tender!!

I want to be able to see out, and at the price we paid we will be able do another cruise later in the year as well.

So, I suppose I just want any feedback on the ocean-view cabins, my SIL & BIL have a promenade room - so any information on either would be great.

Any tips for finding a place to sit and chat would be good too.

There is thousands of threads on gratuities, however I thought that on Australian based cruises the prices were built into the fare...not that I have an issue with the tips as such, just wondering.

And lastly...thanks everyone.

Robin.

Have you recently checked the RCI Aust site? They are running a deal on Explorer ex-Australia cruises - up to USD200 OBC though I am surprised they don't have any across the board deals unlike the BOGO deal on the US site. You may also want to look at a US based online travel agency.

When you book through the Royal Caribbean Australia site - the daily gratuities (really the service charge) is automatically added on to the price. This includes your room attendant and the wait staff in the main dining room. You will have to pay gratuities on the bar but I understand the menus for Australian based itineraries quote the price including the 18% gratuities.

In terms of the room, we had a deck 2 outside cabin on the Legend. I liked the light but did not spend much time looking out - the bed is right in front of the window.