Question(s) for anyone recently back from Mediterranean cruise on Allure

Leaving in approximately 5 weeks and was wondering if they offer the laundry service for $25 (approximately) for a bag? We are taking our grandchildren with us and would make it easier if they did.

Also, is first dining at 6 or 6:30 p.m.? I have 6 on my reservation but have read 6:30 on some boards.

Lastly, what is the earliest you can disembark in Rome? Our reservation says 7 a.m. but not sure if that means we can depart then or not.

Thanks.

We just got off in BCN. I can answer only one of these:

"Also, is first dining at 6 or 6:30 p.m.? I have 6 on my reservation but have read 6:30 on some boards."

We did My Time, but out waiters told us that dinner was 6:30 on Deck 4 and 6 on Deck 5.

Incidentally, when we booked in Feb., we were told that the whole ship would by on My Time Dining, but that was not the case. Nevertheless, the largest dining room is devoted to My Time, and a lot of people are doing that format.

Have a great cruise!

Matt

We just got off the Allure of the Seas out of Rome this past Thursday. We did Express disembarkation and carried out own bags off the ship. We were able to get off the ship at 7:15am. There was already a line to get off the ship when we got to the elevators on floor 5 at 7:05am. It was pretty easy getting off b/c only about 25% of the passengers are getting off in Rome. 75% of the ship was embarking/disembarking out of Barcelona. Our driver picked us up at 7:30am and we were to the airport by 8:20am. It took us an hour and 10 minutes to get boarding passes, get through security and get to our gate. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Just off of Vision 12 day in Europe. They had the $30 laundry bag 2X's. Am pretty sure they have it on all 7 day or more cruises. We watched the Allure pass us to get into Barcelona before us! We looked so tiny next to her:eek:

Forgot to answer the dining - we did main dining room at 6:30pm, floor 4. We were told that if you were going to be late due to late excursion, etc. just to give your waiter a heads up a day or so ahead of time and they will do their best to work you in. They were pretty flexible for the main dining room.

We just got off the Allure of the Seas out of Rome this past Thursday. We did Express disembarkation and carried out own bags off the ship. We were able to get off the ship at 7:15am. There was already a line to get off the ship when we got to the elevators on floor 5 at 7:05am. It was pretty easy getting off b/c only about 25% of the passengers are getting off in Rome. 75% of the ship was embarking/disembarking out of Barcelona. Our driver picked us up at 7:30am and we were to the airport by 8:20am. It took us an hour and 10 minutes to get boarding passes, get through security and get to our gate. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

This is good to hear...I have been stressing as we have an early flight out of Rome. May I ask what time your departing flight was scheduled for and do you know if you left out of terminal 5? I hear that you have to shuttle over to that terminal and it takes a bit longer.

This is good to hear...I have been stressing as we have an early flight out of Rome. May I ask what time your departing flight was scheduled for and do you know if you left out of terminal 5? I hear that you have to shuttle over to that terminal and it takes a bit longer.

Our flight was an 11:55am flight to Philly and it was out of terminal 5. We did have to shuttle to terminal 5 from main terminal, but it was 1 hour 10 min from when we were dropped off at airport to when we got to our gate. We were at our gate by 9:30am for an 11:55am flight.

What was interesting was that when we got to Philly we had to connect to another flight and it was about an hour and 45 minutes from getting off of plane, going through customs, then we had to go back through security check again just to get to our gate. So, if you have a connection in the states they make you go back through security again after clearing customs then you are able to get to your gate. We had a 3 hour layover in Philly so it was no problem, but I had no idea that customs coming back into USA and the additional security line would take that long

Edited by sunnyjw

Sunnyjw

Do you remember if they had the laundry special?

Thanks.

It was $30 for the wash and fold special. I believe they mentioned the laundry bag special on Day 4 for the Rome passengers. We were on the same cruise as Sunnyjw (disembarked on Jun 25th).

We had an 11:30am flight to Montreal and had the same experience - walked off the ship around 7:15 and was at the airport in under an hour. Departed from Terminal 5, which wasn't too bad, except that we were delayed leaving because of busses and other flights leaving the same time. Made for a tight connection at Montreal, but we made it with a couple minutes to spare.

do you think that an international flight at 11:30 is too early? Thank you.

We had the traditional 6pm dining time for this same cruise on Allure several weeks back. The later time is 8:30pm.

Allure gets in pretty early in most of the ports, and most of our excursions had pickups at 8am. One was at 8:30am. Most returned by 5-5:30pm.

We did notice a few folks got back at 6-6:30 from excursions.

For the return in Barcelona...the ship got into port about 5:30am...with people disembarking about 7:30am. Catching any flight 10:30am or later is no problem whatsoever.

The dining room on Deck 3 was 6pm and 8:30pm and Deck 4 was 6:30pm and 9pm. Deck 5 was MTD.

Originally, we had late seating for dinner set up for 8:30pm, but when we checked in, they had given us 9pm, which we thought was just a little too late, given that we had a 10 year old. We kept the 9pm the first night, and they were able to switch us to 6:30pm the rest of the cruise. A couple nights we were a little rushed, and got to dinner late on La Spezia day (quite a few were, due to excursions to Florence), but overall it worked out better for us.

I forget the show times, but I know we had to rearrange a couple shows because of the change in dining times, but none of it was too bad to manage. Fortunately, the ship wasn't too full the first few nights of our cruise, so we were also able to do standby for a couple shows as well.

Did you use RCCL's transfers or did you book your own? If you booked your own, who did you use? Three years ago we used a private car but was thinking of using RCCL this time.

We used private transfers and used Limousine System. They were very easy to work with and we used them for 3 transfers while we were in Rome. We used them from airport to hotel (before the cruise), hotel to port, and port to airport (at the end of the trip). They were right on time every time. They charged 141 Euro for port to airport. Website is: http://www.limousinesystem.com

Leaving in approximately 5 weeks and was wondering if they offer the laundry service for $25 (approximately) for a bag? We are taking our grandchildren with us and would make it easier if they did.

Also, is first dining at 6 or 6:30 p.m.? I have 6 on my reservation but have read 6:30 on some boards.

Lastly, what is the earliest you can disembark in Rome? Our reservation says 7 a.m. but not sure if that means we can depart then or not.

Thanks.

1. Yes, they do a bag of wash and fold for $30

2. Dinner is 6:30

3. If you carry all your own bags, you can depart pretty early. In Rome, the last fold disembarked by 9:30 am. We were out by 8:30-9.

The dining room on Deck 3 was 6pm and 8:30pm and Deck 4 was 6:30pm and 9pm. Deck 5 was MTD.

Thanks for adding that detail...yes...that is why different folks may have different starting times for their Main Dining dinner.

Forgot to mention that the Blue Planet show and OceanAria were two of our favorite shows. Blue Planet is in the main theatre...OceanAria in the AquaTheater.

Adding the showtimes in an Excelsheet here. This is from our Cruise i August. Note that the last Comedy show (at 10:30 pm) is in spanish. The other two every day are in English.

There are two tabs in the file to show the times in different formats, as I'm weird that way. :D

Showtimes.xls