Laundry Service ?

Wondering if anyone has the list of prices for the laundry service on the Freedom Class Ships. Also, how much would it cost and how long does it take to get your clothes pressed?

This is the most recent price list I have. Prices are probably a bit higher by now:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39709978&postcount=3813

Wondering if anyone has the list of prices for the laundry service on the Freedom Class Ships. Also, how much would it cost and how long does it take to get your clothes pressed?

On a recent cruise, laundry, pressing and also dry cleaning took 24 hours. Same day service was available if necessary. The bags of (free) wash and fold took a bit longer, the first bag ( sent about day 3) took 2 days, the second bag (sent about day 8 )took 3 days. The paid bag of wash and fold (sent day 12) also took 2 days.

BTW - I think they do a great job with the regular laundry and dry cleaning. The wash and fold is generally acceptable.

We had a month long trip with a 15 night cruise so the laundry services were a big help. Laundry was cheaper on the ship than at the land hotels in the pre and post cruise locations.

enjoy

M

On a recent cruise, laundry, pressing and also dry cleaning took 24 hours. Same day service was available if necessary. The bags of (free) wash and fold took a bit longer, the first bag ( sent about day 3) took 2 days, the second bag (sent about day 8 )took 3 days. The paid bag of wash and fold (sent day 12) also took 2 days.

BTW - I think they do a great job with the regular laundry and dry cleaning. The wash and fold is generally acceptable.

We had a month long trip with a 15 night cruise so the laundry services were a big help. Laundry was cheaper on the ship than at the land hotels in the pre and post cruise locations.

enjoy

M

"Free"???? FREEEE "wash AND fold"?!?! Did i read that correctly? Lol please explain more details when you say FREE. Lol does that mean there Is NO CHARGE for laundry?????

"Free"???? FREEEE "wash AND fold"?!?! Did i read that correctly? Lol please explain more details when you say FREE. Lol does that mean there Is NO CHARGE for laundry?????

IF you are the RIGHT C&A tier level. I wanna say Diamond and up get it.

and FTR we only sail suites and have never been offered free wash and fold( only Emerald ATM)

At D+, we each get a free (as in no charge) bag of wash and fold on cruises of 5 days or longer. I am sorry, I don't know if other (lower) levels also get it. It really is not free laundry – just clothes that are washed dried and folded (NOT IRONED). It is only good for clothes like T-shirts, shorts, underwear, pjs etc. It is worth about $30 a bag. The benefit is helpful if there is any pre cruise travel.

Thank you royal caribbean

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We put in a bag to get washed & they SHRUNK our clothes! Over $700 worth of clothes, ruined!

The lady at Guest Services called me a liar but they literally shrunk more than 3 sizes, (my husband didn't put on that much weight!)

All resolved now... Just a warning :-)

They faded my bright orange Gator t-shirt. I've washed that shirt at least 10 times before and it never faded. Same with my night shirt and black socks.

I only give them socks, underwear, and jean shorts now.

They must not be using cold water and their dryers are too hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They faded my bright orange Gator t-shirt. I've washed that shirt at least 10 times before and it never faded. Same with my night shirt and black socks.

I only give them socks, underwear, and jean shorts now.

They must not be using cold water and their dryers are too hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One less Gator shirt to be worn beachside, that's a good thing !;);)

As for the wash and fold, yes, they seem to use hot water and drying. NEVER send anything that is delicate or might shrink.

We've never had anything ruined, but are careful about what we put in the bag.

M

Ours were shorts & t shirts that I've washed before.

I'm not a washing genius... But I've never shrunk anything. Lol

On HAL they offer unlimited laundry for the week for a set price (it's $49 for a 7 days cruise). Does RCCL offer this service?

Not offered on Royal. Royal only offers some one-time discounts based on loyalty level. Suite guests and Pinnacle Club members get one free pressing for formal night.

I am wearing it faded!!!! LOL More Gators than Seminoles in Brevard County, so they say.......

LOL glad you took my comment in the spirit it was intended !!:)

Edited by uksimonusa

We have used the wash and fold to for t-shirts, socks, pj's and underwear (his, not mine) so that we can travel with carry on luggage - returned in two days without damage. Also have had dry cleaning which was ready in 24 hours. Thought the price was fair, especially compared to land hotels.