Just a heads up

I CALLED RC ON 6/23 TO GET A QUOTE ON A CRUISE FOR NEXT JUNE ON AOS i WAS SENT A QUOTE UNDER THE 30% OFFER . HEARING THAT THEY WILL BE RUNNING THE 50% bogo again i figured that would be a better rate sense 50% is greater then 30% i would get a better rate. well I call rc to get the 50% rate and the price went up for my cabin by $169.00 and my sons cabin went up $172.00. I just think this is a little crazy.:mad:

Pricing on cruises can change daily - even hourly. If you liked the price on 6/23 that was when you needed to book it. Unless there is specific language on your quote locking that price in for a set period of time (which I've never seen) then it was subject to change when ever:o.

Sorry - hope you enjoy whatever you decide on!:D

the 30 for 30 gave you 30% off each passenger. The Bogo 1/2 off is HALF off the the 2nd passenger.

So if you do their math, which is always similar to the picture below, it's 60% off for 2 vs 50% off for 1

attachment.php?attachmentid=354278&stc=1&d=1435748730

If you are happy with a price when they quote it, book it. If it goes on sale next month or before final payment call them and have them match it

10675806_10152819687942641_7937643925784902197_n.jpg.312b8275485e5f8f998a20bf1d828f10.jpg

the 30 for 30 gave you 30% off each passenger. The Bogo 1/2 off is HALF off the the 2nd passenger.

So if you do their math, which is always similar to the picture below, it's 60% off for 2 vs 50% off for 1 ...

I like to think of it as BOGO being 25% off for two people, and 30/30 being 30% off for two people. However, the 30% off was for a balcony stateroom, so for insides or OV staterooms, the BOGOHO was better.

I like to think of it as BOGO being 25% off for two people, and 30/30 being 30% off for two people. However, the 30% off was for a balcony stateroom, so for insides or OV staterooms, the BOGOHO was better.

I was surprised that they left the prices for the inside and Oceanview cabins that high for the month of June. Lots of price drops this morning on those cabins while balconies and above are going up.

That is a good way to look at it. But I still think RCI has a funny way of doing their math.

I don't pay attention to their sales. If I like the price I book it, if I don't, road trip it is.

And because I didn't pay attention to the sale, I didn't understand why the balconies were priced less than the inside, virtual and promenades on Harmony.

Just happy I booked ours when I did. My stepson was on the fence about joining us, I was going to get a GS for him but his gf wanted a CP balcony :rolleyes: I booked it on 6/29 just incase the "next sale" went up... His balcony went up about 200 & our suite went up almost 500.

Why would you expect a better rate, especially after all the complaints here of exactly this type of practice that they have been doing.

Please RCL...no more sales. Just give us accurate and transparent prices. If you are competitive, you don't need sales.

Cruise prices seem to jump all over the place.

They go up up up till I book then they go down down down.

That is one reason I purchase directly from the cruise line. As long as the final payment isn't made- and the price decreases, you can without any issue change. We never had a problem. If however, you book and pay in full- you are locked in. Not sure if TA's will also adjust prices downwards.

However, you booked the cruise initially, were comfortable with the rate- so have no regrets- enjoy your cruise.

So if you do their math, which is always similar to the picture below, it's 60% off for 2 vs 50% off for 1

attachment.php?attachmentid=354278&stc=1&d=1435748730

If you are happy with a price when they quote it, book it. If it goes on sale next month or before final payment call them and have them match it

Not 60% off.

I realize that prices fluctuate all the time, however sometimes they can be a little outrageous. Back in April 2015 my family and I booked a cruise on the Harmony for Aug 2016, at that time the price for a D2 balcony cabin was about $4395 and we booked the cabins. In June 2015 with the 30/30 sale the price had dropped to $3683 and we got the price adjustment which we are extremely happy with because 2 weeks into the 30/30 sale the price jumped up to $4095. Now with the BOGOHO sale the price for the D2 balcony cabin is now $4399, which means that the price of the cabin is now about $5618 without the sale. That is almost $1300 more than when we booked in April without any sale.

To me that seems like a very extreme increase on pricing. Just my opinion. Doesn’t mean that I will stop cruising, just means that after I book and I see a good deal I will jump on it at that time and watch the prices to see if a better deal comes along or not.

Math is a funny thing but it is about marketing. The reality is, if RCCL deletes all sale prices, and goes to a flat fee that changes with market demand, you will pay the same price as the sale price. It just looks good, but most "sales" are not sales, but marketing gimmicks to make you look. Once you accept it as a fake sale, and ignore the hype, you can get down to business and pick your cruise.

I CALLED RC ON 6/23 TO GET A QUOTE ON A CRUISE FOR NEXT JUNE ON AOS i WAS SENT A QUOTE UNDER THE 30% OFFER . HEARING THAT THEY WILL BE RUNNING THE 50% bogo again i figured that would be a better rate sense 50% is greater then 30% i would get a better rate. well I call rc to get the 50% rate and the price went up for my cabin by $169.00 and my sons cabin went up $172.00. I just think this is a little crazy.:mad:

50% off one cruiser vs 30% off all cruisers told me that the 30% was a better deal.

I have a background in math. I work in ecommerce building ecommerce sites and helping clients design promotions. 30% off of 2 fares is still 30% off. Percentages are not additive.

Buy one get one half off is full price for one and half price for the second. If 1 and 2 are the same price, like they are for a cruise, that's the same as 25% off.

This is pretty basic middle school math. I don't understand why people have so much trouble with it.

I have a background in math. I work in ecommerce building ecommerce sites and helping clients design promotions. 30% off of 2 fares is still 30% off. Percentages are not additive.

Buy one get one half off is full price for one and half price for the second. If 1 and 2 are the same price, like they are for a cruise, that's the same as 25% off.

This is pretty basic middle school math. I don't understand why people have so much trouble with it.

I totally agree. However, sometimes with Royal, the base prices are different-- so a lesser discount is actually better. But yes, your math is correct.

With the BOGOHO you get the full Balcony Discount. With the 30/30 your balcony discount was reduced by $75.

Math is a funny thing but it is about marketing. The reality is, if RCCL deletes all sale prices, and goes to a flat fee that changes with market demand, you will pay the same price as the sale price. It just looks good, but most "sales" are not sales, but marketing gimmicks to make you look. Once you accept it as a fake sale, and ignore the hype, you can get down to business and pick your cruise.

problem is, no one does. JCP tried to go that route: having lower prices all he time as their base. NO ONE SHOPPED. they all flocked when they ran 50% off sales though.. even though the difference between their everyday low price and their on sale 50% off price was within a buck or two.

the cruise we are going on in December, we booked on board, had NO IDEA that BOGO was the current promo. she just quoted me a price, it was within what I wanted to spend, and we booked it. it was not until we got the invoice where I noticed the breakdown.

can we say "Common Core?!" Hubby is a Secondary Math teacher by degree( never went into teaching though) they complicate the easy stuff so much that the hard stuff is not even Greek, it's Ancient Babylonian.

Edited by spookwife
stoopid autocorrect

can we say "Common Core?!" Hubby is a Secondary Math teacher by degree( never went into teaching though) they complicate the easy stuff so much that the hard stuff is not even Greek, it's Ancient Babylonian.

:confused: What does Common Core have to do with his post??? Common Core was introduced in 2010. I don't think anyone on this board just recently came out of grade school. So none of us were taught Common Core math. People are just forgetting how to DO basic math.

:confused: What does Common Core have to do with his post??? Common Core was introduced in 2010. I don't think anyone on this board just recently came out of grade school. So none of us were taught Common Core math. People are just forgetting how to DO basic math.

If anything, it shows we need a better way of teaching math! :D

Anyway, comparisons of two discounts require the non-discounted rate remain the same. Since the non-discounted rate isn't fixed, comparisons aren't valid.

The best suggestion I saw was for someone interested in a specific cruise to put a hold on it yesterday under the old promo and re-price it today under the new. Of course, there's still no guarantee it won't change tomorrow.

Hey, Bob, you asked me about the Harmony price drop I got last week for my October 2016 cruise. The inside cabin I booked for my friend and I went down again with the BOGOHO pricing. It's now another $340 off for the cabin.