--only one per person "Fishermans Platter"

:rolleyes:Hi guys

I always ask fior more than one "Fishermans Platter" but I was last month onboard the adventure of the seas and my waiter was like " I have to make a request, is there are any left from guest that dont want it then I might be able to bring you another plate"

I didnt want to argue , whatever , I was on vacation so,, but does the MDR has a new rule for the "Fishermans Platter"? I'm just wondering

:rolleyes:Hi guys

I always ask fior more than one "Fishermans Platter" but I was last month onboard the adventure of the seas and my waiter was like " I have to make a request, is there are any left from guest that dont want it then I might be able to bring you another plate"

I didnt want to argue , whatever , I was on vacation so,, but does the MDR has a new rule for the "Fishermans Platter"? I'm just wondering

We did a B2B Cruise on the Adventure Of The Seas March/April 2012 and on both legs of our Cruises our wait staff asked if we would like another fishermans platter. We declined both times. We noticed others getting seconds and some thirds. On both legs of our Cruises we had early traditional dinning.

We just got back from the Adventure of the Seas last month and we each had 2 platters. Our waiter asked us if we wanted more and we said no thanks. We did ask him if there was a limit on how many someone could order and he said he once had a gentleman that had 7 of them and wanted more! They had to cut him off!!

Hi DaveKathy! :D Nice seeing you again!

My thought on the topic....

I am thinking that maybe if someone eats at the early seating they may cut people off quicker knowing the percentage of people that order at second seating and need to have enough? We always do late seating and have always been offered more. We have done a galley tour and there are lots of projections on what they think people are going to order. Just a guess :confused:

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have said this in many posts on many similar threads.

Some waiters will do whatever they can to please their customers/guests. And them won't/don't. :confused:

Then again some waiters get tipped well at the end of a cruise, and some don't.:rolleyes: :D

Im just throwing this out there, but MAYBE it has something to do with limited supply. Just like a restaraunt, they are at the mercy of there supplier, so if there supplier are low, they in turn become low. I have had them say the same thing on past cruises, but then cruises since then no worries.

This has never happened to us. Every waiter we have ever had always asks us if we wants more or just automatically brings extra.

On my last 5 night cruise, with a friend, we had a TA coupon for free dinner at a specialty restaurant. It was only valid for 2 of the 5 nights. We booked Portofinos on 'lobster' night with the advice of our head waiter :( When I told our MD room waiter, he told me to come to the dining room after dinner and he would have 2 platters waiting for me. I was so stuffed after Portofinos but I did pick them up and saved them for later to eat on my balcony. I felt like such a pig, but boy, was it good :)

Im just throwing this out there, but MAYBE it has something to do with limited supply. Just like a restaraunt, they are at the mercy of there supplier, so if there supplier are low, they in turn become low. I have had them say the same thing on past cruises, but then cruises since then no worries.

That was my thought also

Generally there is more than enough lobster floating around the MDR on lobster night, but I have had this response in the past when asking for another tail. As most have said, they usually bring extra without asking but I did on one cruise ask and that is exactly what they said. They did end up bringing more but they wanted to be sure everyone had some and we were at late seating.

Isn't that a sad picture? Where's the "presentation"? Had that (and other entrees) been more artfully arranged, folks wouldn't have the impression of the dining room going downhill!

That is not how it comes out.... it comes out in the shell. This pic was after the server had removed it and the "presentation" had been altered.

On our last cruise, our waiter came out with the platter, and a second plate with two more tails on it. He said when he went to pick up our meals, the lobster looked " a little small" to him, and he wanted to make sure we had enough.:D

Archived