Room Service on Silver Wind

Tac0818

How is the room service in Silver Wind? Is there enough menu to choose from? Is there any food you recommend?

Welcome to these Cruise Critic boards. Lots of helpful, smart people here who like to share information. Keep asking good questions. Don't be shy!! While we have not been on the Silver Wind, we did ten days on its sister ship, the Silver Cloud ten days in February and 26 days early last year. Room service works well, especially with a Butler to serve it a way that best fits your interests, style.

The room service menu has a decent range of options, 24 hours a day. Plus, in the evenings, they will serve anything off of the main dining room menu. The morning breakfast options are fairly wide, too. Especially on busy port days, that morning breakfast can involve multiple items, mixing eggs, pancakes, meat items, several juices, etc. You won't go hungry on the ship and they are flexible in timing to fit your schedule.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from my latest live/blog at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 13,144 views for this reporting and visual sharing that includes Cape Town, all along the South Africa coast on the Silver Cloud, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Delta area.

I can't believe in all my years of cruising (24 and counting) I have never enjoyed a room service breakfast!?! To be fair, many of those years were spent on mainstream cruiselines and smaller staterooms so the dining room seemed more appropriate, but since I hope to be cruising on The Wind next year, can someone tell me if there is plenty of room in the sitting area of a veranda suite to have a proper breakfast and coffee for two? What about the veranda itself ? Seems in the pictures I have seen there really isn't anything more than a small table...

Glad to hear the room service breakfast menu is expanded, that is a promising start to my leisurely breakfast fantasies :)

It has been a few years but our last experience was fabulous. We had room service for breakfast for our entire 14 nights. Our last morning we did not put our order in believing that they did not do room service. A knock at the door the morning we were leaving. "Are you OK" do you want your usual breakfast? Yes but did not think it was available. This is all before we had a butler.

We are returning to SS this Aug. Have been loyal to SB but the smoking issues has gotten to us.

We are looking forward to a wonderful trip plus room service.