2018 Itineraries?

AllisonJames

The 2018 WC itinerary is out...lots of complaining! Amazing.

Duct tape, can you give us the basics? Start and finish ports, general route and such? I suppose the itinerary won't be on the website for a while yet.

Enjoying your posts, hope we sail together again soon.

the impossible has happened

Silvesea has listened to the customer and totally revised the WC for 2018.

Gone is the silly cruise that went against time (eastward) and failed to go to the some of the worlds great capitals (sydney,hk,etc) and put in place a thoughtful wc with lots of overnights and longer stays.u

will try to save some pennies for it

the impossible has happened

Silvesea has listened to the customer and totally revised the WC for 2018.

Gone is the silly cruise that went against time (eastward) and failed to go to the some of the worlds great capitals (sydney,hk,etc) and put in place a thoughtful wc with lots of overnights and longer stays.u

will try to save some pennies for it

We must have missed something because both the current World Cruise and 2017 World Cruise are going west. The current cruise even stayed overnight in Sydney and, we believe, two nights in Hong Kong. Ah well, perhaps you are teasing and we fell for it.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

When can we expect to see 2018 Itineraries? Thanks.

Wellseasoned: Duct tape' date=' can you give us the basics? Start and finish ports, general route and such? I suppose the[b'] itinerary won't be on the website for a while[/b] yet.

Did check the SS website both last night and this morning. As predicted and expected, there was nothing up and posted for the 2018 World Cruise at this info location. We are looking and planning to do some early 2018 sailing for Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, etc., in southeast Asia. I have been told, if past timing is an indicator, that those early 2018 sailings will not be posted around September 2016. Have to wait??!! Others cruise lines, such as Crystal, have their early 2018 World Cruise up and available for booking, both the total trip, plus as individual segments.

Any added details from duct tape and/or others for what specific areas of the world will be included on the SS WC? Ports to be visited??

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 139,738 views for this posting.

Did check the SS website both last night and this morning. As predicted and expected, there was nothing up and posted for the 2018 World Cruise at this info location. We are looking and planning to do some early 2018 sailing for Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, etc., in southeast Asia. I have been told, if past timing is an indicator, that those early 2018 sailings will not be posted around September 2016. Have to wait??!! Others cruise lines, such as Crystal, have their early 2018 World Cruise up and available for booking, both the total trip, plus as individual segments.

Any added details from duct tape and/or others for what specific areas of the world will be included on the SS WC? Ports to be visited??

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 139,738 views for this posting.

Terry Crystal actually has all 2018 itineraries published and the 2018 WC was actually announced last Spring. They just announced the 2019 WC the other day and both the full WC and individual ones are available for booking. :)

Keith

Terry Crystal actually has all 2018 itineraries published and the 2018 WC was actually announced last Spring. They just announced the 2019 WC the other day and both the full WC and individual ones are available for booking. :) Keith

Appreciate these updates on Crystal and how far ahead they are announcing their schedules and options. Maybe Silversea could learn something from Crystal?? Noticed that Crystal will have a "first" for them and most cruise lines in doing a Feb 14, 2019, stop at amazing Kangaroo Island, Australia from 8 am to 6 pm. We super loved our time on Kangaroo Island in early 2014. This 2019 WC will also do Cape Town and go up the western Africa on the way to finishing in Monte Carlo.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 196,577 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

We must have missed something because both the current World Cruise and 2017 World Cruise are going west. The current cruise even stayed overnight in Sydney and, we believe, two nights in Hong Kong. Ah well, perhaps you are teasing and we fell for it.

Will post details of the original schedule when we get home next week, mightily glad that it's now been revised.

Will post details of the original schedule when we get home next week, mightily glad that it's now been revised.

Thanks, Mr. Spectre! Could you also tell us about the new revised version? Those of us not on the current WC are not deemed worthy to know the 2018 itinerary just yet, so we must rely upon your kindness.

In the interests of accuracy, Sydney and Hong Kong are not capital cities.:)

Thanks, Mr. Spectre! Could you also tell us about the new revised version? Those of us not on the current WC are not deemed worthy to know the 2018 itinerary just yet, so we must rely upon your kindness.

Unfortunately not, we are off the ship for now.

Unfortunately not, we are off the ship for now.

Starts LA, then Hawaii, South Pacific, 7 ports in NZ with overnight in Auckland, 7 stops in Austalia (up the east coast) with overnight in Sydney, 3 stops in Indonesia with overnight in Bali, Brunei, 3 ports in Phillipines to include Manila, 2overnights in Hong Kong, Overnight in Halong, Da Nang, overnight in Ho Chi Minh city, overnight in downtown Bangkok, overnight in Singapore, Malaysia, overnight in Sri Lanka & Mumbai, Muscat & Salalah, overnight in Safaga, Aqaba, Rhodes, Santorini, Sicily, overnight in Sorrento and end in Rome - 121 days.

Starts LA, then Hawaii, South Pacific, 7 ports in NZ with overnight in Auckland, 7 stops in Austalia (up the east coast) with overnight in Sydney, 3 stops in Indonesia with overnight in Bali, Brunei, 3 ports in Phillipines to include Manila, 2overnights in Hong Kong, Overnight in Halong, Da Nang, overnight in Ho Chi Minh city, overnight in downtown Bangkok, overnight in Singapore, Malaysia, overnight in Sri Lanka & Mumbai, Muscat & Salalah, overnight in Safaga, Aqaba, Rhodes, Santorini, Sicily, overnight in Sorrento and end in Rome - 121 days.

Appreciate from DCCruiser57 these details on the routing and stops for Silversea in doing their 2018 World Cruise. I am especially interested in learning more details, costs, options for the segment that will sail from Manila or Hong Kong to Singapore. As any others get added information, I look forward to learning more. Keep it coming!!

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 58,746 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Thanks, DCCruiser. This itinerary looks fairly similar to the current WC. I was hoping that they would do the southern route around South Africa and across the Atlantic again, making it more of a full World Cruise. The Red Sea and eastern Med are getting to be a little too repetitive for us. Oh, well...

Thanks, DCCruiser. This itinerary looks fairly similar to the current WC. I was hoping that they would do the southern route around South Africa and across the Atlantic again, making it more of a full World Cruise. The Red Sea and eastern Med are getting to be a little too repetitive for us. Oh, well...

Agreed. Cruise consultant told me pricing and details would probably be made public in July. Current info is for current world cruisers only.

In the interests of accuracy, Sydney and Hong Kong are not capital cities.:)

Sydney is a capital city.......it is the capital city of New South Wales. :)

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-government/states-territories-and-local-government/capital-cities

Canberra is the capital city of Australia but I don't think countries as opposed to States were specified.

• 2 weeks later...

The original 2018 WC that was so disliked:

Start Ft Lauderdale, Caribbean, Panama Canal, Manta, Salavary, Peru, Chile, Punta Arenas, Stanley, Puerto Madryn, Punta del Este, BA, Montevideo, Rio, across the Atlantic via Jamestown St Helena (8 days), Walvis Bay, Cape Town, East London, Richards Bay, Maputo, Madagascar, Zanzibar, Mombassa, Seychelles, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Port Klang, Singapore, Penang, Phuket, Yangon, Chennai, Cochin, Mumbai, UAE, Oman, Safaga, Aqaba, Suez, Sicily and end in Civitavecchia for Rome.

Biggest complaint I believe was the two long sections of time loss going east, plus the doubling back and the final 6 weeks being very similar to this year's itinerary.

Good Morning Ducttape - Jill & I are so sorry to hear of your current problems - we send you our love and hopes for a speedy recovery. It sounds as if Brimary & Ourselves will not have the pleasure of your Company on The Wind but we hope for the best - regards to J.

Don't count me out yet! When do you board/debark?

Sorry to hear of current problems,best wishes from us both for a speedy recovery.We were looking forward to a fun night with you and Mayflower on the Wind.We board 27/6 and debark 21/7 and sincerely hope you won't be counted out,fingers and toes crossed are crossed![emoji3]

Emtbsam, sorry I couldn't respond earlier with the info. Been stuck in this hospital for a week now and SS is not my current priority![emoji6] Do hope we get to visit this summer. I don't think I am going anywhere!

Bummer - so sorry you won't be traveling, but maybe this year we can meet up. We expect to be in SP weekly.

Get well soon!