Trying to find fellow passengers

DogLover45

We signed up for a cruise to the Caribbean months ago and I keep checking to see if anyone started a roll call for the cruise. No one did, so I finally decided to bite the bullet and started one myself. But, it looks like people are not very well aware of the roll call option. Most of the upcoming cruises do not have more than 3 passengers signed onto the roll call. On our last two cruises we "met" several fellow passengers before the cruise and that added so much to our whole cruise experience. We loved talking to fellow passengers before the cruise. Any thoughts or suggestions for getting people to sign up for the roll call?

DogLover45; you are taking the right steps to encourage fellow Silversea cruise critics to join your roll call. Sometimes, folks are just reluctant to join and may wait to the last minute. Another thought is if you used a TA, you might ask her/him if any more clients signed up for your cruise and ask the Ta to encourage them to join the Silversea Cruise Critic roll call you started. btw, do you have a fav breed y'all enjoy or do you love all breeds?

While there are exceptions it's not unusual for Silversea to have less than robust roll calls. Just the nature of the beast so to speak with a small line and I don't know of any surefire way to get people involved. We came over to Silversea five years ago from a large mass market line where CC roll calls were a much bigger deal. For our first SS cruise I tried starting a roll call and I think I was the only one who posted. I now check but six SS cruises later there's never been an active roll call for any of them.

DogLover45; you are taking the right steps to encourage fellow Silversea cruise critics to join your roll call. Sometimes, folks are just reluctant to join and may wait to the last minute. Another thought is if you used a TA, you might ask her/him if any more clients signed up for your cruise and ask the Ta to encourage them to join the Silversea Cruise Critic roll call you started. btw, do you have a fav breed y'all enjoy or do you love all breeds?

Thanks for TA idea. To answer your question - I love all dogs, but I'm partial to the bigger breeds - especially goldens and labs.

We were on Spirit in 2104 and there were about 10 couples on the Roll Call. We had so much fun connecting with each other prior to the cruise. On our 2015 cruise, there were only 4 couples on the Roll Call. But, as I look through the existing roll calls, even 4 is a rarity now. I wonder if people don't realize what the roll call is.

We were on Spirit in 2104 and there were about 10 couples on the Roll Call. We had so much fun connecting with each other prior to the cruise. On our 2015 cruise, there were only 4 couples on the Roll Call. But, as I look through the existing roll calls, even 4 is a rarity now. I wonder if people don't realize what the roll call is.

There was only us and another party on my last one I just got back from and we never got to meet. (I did check the role call and there was a suggestion to meet which I never saw as it was on the next page and not made until after we'd started - and I only clicked into my reply each time so completely missed it as there was nothing below.

I like to mix, mingle and chat but the wife prefers not to without making a connection first. That's obviously easier when you have a large group but less so with a smaller selection. That said, you could just meet another party or group and get on like a house on fire.

PS.... Goldies are the best! ;-)

Edited by les37b

To the best of my knowledge there haven't been any fellow CC'ers on our six Silversea cruises. I think two or three times we were getting on while a member or members here were getting off and maybe one or two getting on while we were getting off. Granted it's not like I go around the ship asking if people are familiar with Cruise Critic so it's not like I take a survey. My take is that Cruise Critic isn't that popular with Silversea cruisers and even the few who do come here are not necessarily interested in a roll call or a meet and greet. Certainly there are exceptions as you noted for your 2014 Spirit cruise. Personally I check for every cruise and other than the one I started a few years ago there's never been a roll call.

We have found (since 2010) on almost ten Silversea cruises that every one has a robust (most were crossings including the Spirit’s Maiden crossing in January 2010) roll call and a well attended meet & mingle . In fact beginning with the Spirit TA meet & greet (over two dozen CCrs attended) and a dozen of us met for drinks at a hotel pre cruise (we are still close friends with a half dozen and have visited them in Arizona and in North Carolina). Full disclosure, in 2013 I coordinated with a past Silversea President to establish the Silversea and Cruise Critic meet & mingle program that is hot linked on the CC Roll call page. Below are pictures from other meet & mingles, first below is from our Barbados to Buenos Aires cruise on the Spirit in Jan:

IMG_1959_zpsk3v7rfqd.jpg

Spring Crossing Meet & Mingle pictures (used for formal Silversea & Cruise Critic meet & mingle program):

012_zpsca1ef800.jpg

Paolo (Hotel Director) attended and passed his warm greetings along to the cruise critics:

005_zps21e4c69f.jpg

Silversea's Meet & Mingle program link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=35