Carnival Sensation 1A Cabins

dtownjbrown

I want to take my mother on a "last-minute" cruise as a surprise birthday gift however room selection is limited to say the least. She's not the least bit fussy, can make a "party" out of any situation and will probably NEVER be in the room anyway......so I've decided to go ahead and book a 1A cabin (gasp :eek: ). Ive been studying the deck plan posted on the carnival.com website and it looks like M298 and R298 are only "slightly" smaller than the regular interior rooms (assuming the schematic is drawn to scale). Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms before? What was your experience in them?

My other choices are alot smaller than the regular interior rooms....on the Upper Deck at the rear of the ship (U167, U169, U171, U173, U175) and on the Riviera Deck smack in the middle (R50, R52, R54, R56, R58, R62, R64, R66). Any experience with either of these?

According to cruisedeckplans, the 1As will average 160 s.f. with upper and lower bunks. The deck plans you are looking at might or might not be drawn to scale. If its just your mom alone in the cabin, it shouldnt make that big of a difference. If you have a cabin booked nearby, Id just pick whichever was closest to your cabin. As long as she doesnt mind having a twin, instead of two twins that push together, she should be happy with any choice.

Upper/Lower Inside Stateroom, Upper and Lower berths, Television, Bathroom with Shower, Telephone, Wall safe in Closet. Average size 160 square feet.

On Decks: Riviera, Upper, Empress

Im sure you know but the inside cabins are 185 s.f. to compare.

Archived