Halloween on Royal Princess

cruiseguys2009

We are sailing for the first time on The Royal Princess, October 27th, 2016 which will be over Halloween. Does anyone have any information if The Royal Princess does a Halloween Costume Party, or do folks even dress up?

We love to bring costumes and have looked forward to other cruise lines Halloween parties. Can't find any information about Halloween though on Princess sailings.

Thanks!

The answers to your questions are Yes & Yes at least on other Princess ships I have sailed on over Halloween. The crew is even given the day off from their uniforms to join the fun. The ship is also decorated for the day.

Absolutely! The ship will be decorated all around woth carved pumpkins, orange and black, spider webs, etc. Most crew really get into the act also with various costumes and make up. Lots of guests dress up, some with a token t-shirt while others go all out. There is usually a costume parade, kids and adult parade, atrium activites, Deck party if the weather is good, etc. It's lots of fun...Enjoy!

We are sailing for the first time on The Royal Princess, October 27th, 2016 which will be over Halloween. Does anyone have any information if The Royal Princess does a Halloween Costume Party, or do folks even dress up?

We love to bring costumes and have looked forward to other cruise lines Halloween parties. Can't find any information about Halloween though on Princess sailings.

Thanks!

Yes they do.

Don't know about Ruby, but on Grand last Halloween there were over 50 adults in costumes. The Maitre 'd Rui was a mean Dracula. Princess dancer was the Zombie Bride. We were Penquins and there were NASA Space Cadet, Pirates, Nurse, Evil Queen, Belly Dancer, Airline Pilot & Stewardess, Harry Potter and many Hula dancers, because it was a cruise to Hawaii. There were 8 kiddies that did a Halloween Parade and were given treats from the Ship's Staffs. The Piazza (Atrium) was decorated with many carved pumpkins, witches, bats and spiders with lots of cobwebs. Many of the crew were also in costumes. We'll be doing this cruise again this year. You'll have a BLAST!

We were on the Royal last year on Halloween and there will be a party with dancing in the Piazza after dinner. I think around 930ish. Lots of people were dressed up.

I'm about to take my 5th Halloween repo cruise on Princess. First 2 were on the CB, then one on the Royal and one on the Regal. This year is the Regal again.

There are over 100 of us from Cruise Critic who sail pretty much every year, and we keep growing. We are known as the Retreaters. This past year they did a video about us, which is on YouTube, and it shows our Halloween costumes and fun. They assigned us a videographer and photographer for the bulk of the cruise. Check it out.

We make Halloween a big deal, and the ship goes along with us. Of course, a lot also depends on the cruise director going along with it and having a good program scheduled. Our costumes are well thought out and we plot and plan all year. And then some wear tee shirts or just a mask, and have just as good a time as those with costumes. We also meet for dinner in Anytime dining and pre-arrange with the Maitre'd to have a large table or two. We then walk into the dining room together.

Perhaps you can go to your roll call and get something started. Even dinner in the buffet or ATD as a group is a great start to the festivities and greatly adds to the fun!

Maureen

We were on the Coral for a Panama Canal Partial Transit cruise in 2014 over Halloween. The decorations on the ship were really fun. There were many carved pumpkins and other decorations in the central area of the ship and also entering the dining areas. We did not dress up...my husband had on an orange polo shirt and I wore a black top with pumpkins...but many passengers did dress up for the day. Just a note that I recall at dinner in the main dining room one guy was turned away for having on athletic shorts. He had on a football jersey as a shirt. He tried to say it was a "football costume" but the staff at the door was not buying it and he had to go back to his cabin to put on long pants. We thought it was sort of funny but then again we did not know this guy he was just in front of us in line.

• 2 weeks later...
We are on your same cruise with friends and everyone is taking costumes. Our friends have sailed with Princess on Halloween before and loved it.

Fantastic. Now I am looking forward to sailing. Jerome is going as A Pope (Not THE Pope, but a satire of one), I am a Drag Grandma in Formal Gown and Patent Red Leather Stiletto Heels (Wig and make up, of course, will be done in the salon!) and our friends will be The Evil W(B)itch from The Wizard of Oz (He will be in really scary drag) and His friend will be something like a Hunky Police Officer/Male Stripper who wants to arrest everyone(or send them into cardiac arrest, at least). Should be fun, fun, fun.

• 1 month later...
Fantastic. Now I am looking forward to sailing. Jerome is going as A Pope (Not THE Pope, but a satire of one), I am a Drag Grandma in Formal Gown and Patent Red Leather Stiletto Heels (Wig and make up, of course, will be done in the salon!) and our friends will be The Evil W(B)itch from The Wizard of Oz (He will be in really scary drag) and His friend will be something like a Hunky Police Officer/Male Stripper who wants to arrest everyone(or send them into cardiac arrest, at least). Should be fun, fun, fun.

That DOES sound like fun! We haven't nailed down our costumes yet, but my friends went to a costume store (for theatre and television) to get theirs. Sailing in two months!!!

We have been aboard a few Princess ships on Halloween, since we like to cruise in October... will be on the Royal on Halloween in October 2017.

Some folks dress up, we have seen the MDR staff especially dress up which was fun.. both here in the States and in the Mediterranean. They do some fun stuff... Halloween is a holiday everyone can enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Those costumes are awesome!! We're going to be on this cruise too (our first cruise so not really sure what to expect) and were really hoping that there would be Halloween celebrations! Now to think of costumes we won't melt in, I guess zombie sailors may be too obvious... Super excited!

Next year we will be at sea on Halloween. I plan to wear my regular costume: I dress as a grandpa. Yep, I'm boring. I don't do costumes at all. It will be interesting to see what others do but I just don't "do" costumes.