Emerald Princess mini-suite power outlet types

Pikachui

Hi there

I know Emerald has US-type sockets and US voltage, but can anyone advise if they are 2 or 3 pin as the website doesn't specify? I was planning to order a US power strip but it looks as though most now are 3 pin, but my old US adaptor is only two.

Also if anyone has any idea of number of sockets in a mini suite that would also be useful (i.e. do I need the power strip? or would a couple of adaptors suffice?). We sailed on Grand Princess in 09 and I'm sure that also had EU style 2 pins as well as the US outlets but I could be muddled with other ships now!:confused:

Thanks in advance!

Hi there

I know Emerald has US-type sockets and US voltage, but can anyone advise if they are 2 or 3 pin as the website doesn't specify? I was planning to order a US power strip but it looks as though most now are 3 pin, but my old US adaptor is only two.

Also if anyone has any idea of number of sockets in a mini suite that would also be useful (i.e. do I need the power strip? or would a couple of adaptors suffice?). We sailed on Grand Princess in 09 and I'm sure that also had EU style 2 pins as well as the US outlets but I could be muddled with other ships now!:confused:

Thanks in advance!

2-pin, and when there are multiples, they are rather close together. As in, plugs may cover the adjacent one. We always take a travel outlet strip with us (1 to 3) to be safe.

As for plugs in the room, there's one in the bathroom, but only enough wattage for a razor or toothbrush, or a cell phone charger. There will be 2 outlets by the desk (this is where the provided hair dryer is wall mounted). There will be 2 outlets behind the tv - one for the tv, one free. But in a mini-suite, you'll have 2 TVs, which means a total of 2 free outlets there. Not the easiest to reach, but they'll do in a pinch.

2-pin, and when there are multiples, they are rather close together. As in, plugs may cover the adjacent one. We always take a travel outlet strip with us (1 to 3) to be safe.

As for plugs in the room, there's one in the bathroom, but only enough wattage for a razor or toothbrush, or a cell phone charger. There will be 2 outlets by the desk (this is where the provided hair dryer is wall mounted). There will be 2 outlets behind the tv - one for the tv, one free. But in a mini-suite, you'll have 2 TVs, which means a total of 2 free outlets there. Not the easiest to reach, but they'll do in a pinch.

No, they are three pin plugs except for the one in the bathroom which is two pin.

No, they are three pin plugs except for the one in the bathroom which is two pin.

I concur: three-pin outlets with the exception of the shaver outlet in the bathroom. Usually two outlets on the mini-suite desk (with very tight spacing), two behind TV #1 (one in use by TV), and two behind TV #2 (one in use by TV). I usually bring a power strip for the desk (computer, external hard drives for photo backup, iPhone/iPad chargers so we have something to read, etc.) and a long-corded power strip to plug in behind TV 2 so it can reach down to the waist-high shelf instead of having to put all of our camera chargers at head height.

Remember to always leave an outlet open for the room steward to plug in their vacuum cleaner. Else, you may find that the steward opened an outlet themselves, and you'll probably get no sympathy from Princess if this happens.

We always pack a standard plug converter which converts a UK plug into a US.

We then use this to plug in a four socket 1 m extension lead into one of the two electrical sockets over the desk.

We find these suffice for all our charger needs. By the way we also us the socket by the door for my wheelchair and this has never caused a problem with the Room Steward.