Pre-Cruise Hotel in Vancouver

DShock

If you look over on the West Coast Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

or the Canada (Pacific side) board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

you will find lots of info. In fact, the Mods will probably move it there.

As I recall, there is at least one hotel pretty much right in the terminal.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hi,

I also recommend the Fairmont Waterfront. I have stayed here twice during the past year (pre-cruise in September 2015 and post-cruise in May 2016). This is an excellent hotel with a wonderful location (across the street from the cruise terminal).

Chuck

I've heard great things about the Pan. Any suggestions on when to reserve a room? I'm going next July4th. Do they ever offer deals?

Book a refundable room ASAP. Then watch rates. You are booking for PEAK season. Don't expect deals.

IMO Vancouver Pan Pacific Hotel attached directly to the Canada Place cruise ship terminal is hands down the best! Plus being a great hotel - this property offers "hotel room to ship luggage transfers" (no luggage schlepping), excellent restaurants, facilities, etc., all within ease walking of beautiful downtown Vancouver. Consider a harbor view high-floor room and check out the lower level restaurants & shops - very convenient.

Vancouver's downtown is quite compact so all of the downtown hotels are pretty much within a mile of Canada Place. However, here is a list of many 3*+ hotels that are within 6 to 8 blocks of Canada Place:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Pinnacle Hotel-Harbourfront (not to be confused with the Marriott Pinnacle across the street)

Hyatt Regency

The Shangri-la

Fairmont Vancouver Hotel

Auberge

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

The Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place (about 8.5 blocks)

Sheraton at the Wall Centre (about 10 blocks)

le Soleil

The Wedgewood

One hotel that I have left off the list only because it is about 1 mile from Canada Place is the Blue Horizon which an excellent property and is very popular with cruisers. All of these hotels will be a $10/$12 cab ride to Canada Place.

You can't get any closer to the pier than the Pan Pacific! So easy and convenient. They will look after transferring your luggage onto the ship, so no need for you to lug it. It's a nice hotel and the restaurants attached to it are great. We dined at the Five Sails for dinner and it was beyond great. The more casual breakfast restaurant is good too and offers you a great view of your ship as you eat breakfast. Both are on the expensive side, but we always figure we are on vacation so we are not going to pinch pennies.

I booked the Pan Pacific as soon as I was able to (kept checking to see when they would open up the date) and got a great rate that included breakfast for 2. I never saw the price drop below what I paid (~$250 per night US).

We stayed twice at the Marriott Pinnacle.

It's very convenient location (close to numerous things including the waterfront, Canada Place, and other Vancouver sights). We learned that they frequently have pricing deals, especially when booked 6 or more months in advance.

You can't get any closer to the pier than the Pan Pacific! So easy and convenient. They will look after transferring your luggage onto the ship, so no need for you to lug it. It's a nice hotel and the restaurants attached to it are great. We dined at the Five Sails for dinner and it was beyond great. The more casual breakfast restaurant is good too and offers you a great view of your ship as you eat breakfast. Both are on the expensive side, but we always figure we are on vacation so we are not going to pinch pennies.

What would be an average tip for the bellman that picks up your luggage and sends it to the ship? Do you have to get your luggage when you get down to the terminal or do they send it right to the ship? We are staying there before our cruise in two weeks! So excited! :)

We recently cruised out of Vancouver to Hawaii and stayed at the Pinnacle Waterfront Hotel. While it was quite comfortable and close proximity to Canada Place, next time we would go for the Pan Pacific! It would be worth the difference.

Could I also make a suggestion or two?

1. If you take a taxi from the airport be sure to mention the FLAT RATE!

2. Try Joe Forte's Seafood & Chop House for a fabulous evening meal the night before the cruise! The wife and I really loved it. Go for the Seafood Linguini!

Have a great cruise!

Just Mike

What would be an average tip for the bellman that picks up your luggage and sends it to the ship? Do you have to get your luggage when you get down to the terminal or do they send it right to the ship? We are staying there before our cruise in two weeks! So excited!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made arrangements upon arrival with the bell stand guy that showed us to the room to transfer our bags to the ship two days later. He gave us his name & a number to call - at check-out we call him - he took our 2 Coral Princess Tagged Bags - received receipts - tipped $15USD - next time we saw bags was in our cabin - very easy.

I'll second the Blue Horizon, we stayed there a couple of years ago and have booked again for October, brilliant location and views!!

We also LOVED the Blue Horizon, all rooms are corner rooms with fantastic views. The rooms are huge with Keurig coffeemakers. They have a nice coffee shop in the bottom for breakfast.

. . . . 2. Try Joe Forte's Seafood & Chop House for a fabulous evening meal the night before the cruise! The wife and I really loved it. Go for the Seafood Linguini!

Have a great cruise!

Just Mike

Wow! We also loved this place. We went to their happy hour every day in place of dinner and there was plenty of food. Their oyster bar is unbelievable. Nice atmosphere too!;)

Definitely either the Pan Pacific directly above the port or the Fairmont Waterfront across the street from the port. Both are 5 stars, both offer porterage to the ship, and both have beautiful rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Love taking the elevator at the PP right down to the ship! :D

Pictures of the Pan Pacific (we were upgraded to a suite) can be found at the bottom of the page here:

http://www.websailor.org/gallery/Cruises/Alaska_Cruise_2008/?start=1201

and here:

http://www.websailor.org/gallery/Cruises/Alaska_Cruise_2008/?start=1401

It was very convenient to stay there.

We have also stayed at the Fairmont across the street and at the Sheraton Wall Center (close to shopping district).

Edited by cflutist

Just a couple of quick notes re Vancouver:

- flat rate taxi is only available from YVR to downtown not the return.

- to get a view from the Blue Horizon you need to have a high north facing room.

- Joe Fortes has been a touchstone in Vancouver dining for more than 25 years and is a great choice for dining.

- both the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront will transfer your luggage from the hotel to the ship, you do have to be in your hotel room when the bellman come to pick up your luggage though.