Hi from the Royal

Murphey

This isn't a LIVE thread, because I know I won't keep up, but thought I'd throw a few thoughts out. We boarded in Barcelona...We used Princess Hotel and transfers and it worked very well. KLM lost a piece of luggage, but Princess coordinated the claim, and the rep at the hotel let us know that they found the piece and it would be in our cabin. Thanks Princess....

Lots of kids on board....lots of kids....did I say lots of kids!!

Nametags still on doors.

First seating is actually at 6:00!

First formal night, last night.....dress code was beautiful. Perhaps because of the passenger mix, but everyone looked great. Hey, I'm as lazy and want to be as comfortable as the next person, but if Princess still has formal nights, we will comply. That's all I'm going to say on that subjext.

Cartegena was a new port for us. What a wonderful city, Clean, friendly and easy. The ship pulls right into town and an easy stroll.

Aft balcony....soot....haven't noticed any...

More later if I have time....wonderful cruise so far..Oh, Captain Nash did confirm that they are putting in the central stair case during dry dock.. He said Thanks Cruise Critic, so they do read this. Now I wish to campaign for side aisles in the theater...

Hi

Thanks for posting, Captain Nash follows CC, might even post here;)

met him in port and he thanked me for a post I had made the year before,

so not only does he read our posts, he notes there comments,

then does his home work to put our cc name against our real name.:eek:

yours Shogun

Thanks for the update Murphey :) See you in 11 days..in case you missed it the 6/11 boarding group is having an informal meet and greet at outrigger 30 mins after lifeboat drill. Hope to see you there

And thanks for the heads up re the kids...note to self Pack earplugs!!!

I will be following closely, as we will be on this same cruise on June 25.

One quick question- I know that you said early seating is 6 pm- what is the time for late seating.

I hope you are having a wonderful time.

Thanks!

Have a wonderful time, we are looking forward to being aboard on June 18!

Could you let us know the Cruise Director and the shows aboard if you have time? I haven't received the email detailing the entertainment yet.

Thanks!

Erin

Tracie: late seating is at 8:15

Last night was CC party. Most traveled passengers had 718

Tonight is MTP party....cocktails

Elite lounge is in Club 6.

Laundry mangled a shirt. Gave us a bit of OBC. We didn't complain....things happen. But cabin steward and purser's desk were so appreciate that we didn't go ballistic.....:) karma and all that.

Formal nights are on port days......

Later.....

Later.....

Thanks, I did wonder about that as we are on board in 9 weeks time and with only two sea days in 14 nights I presumed the formal nights would fall on the 2nd and 6th night each week. Would I be correct?

Tracie: late seating is at 8:15

Last night was CC party. Most traveled passengers had 718

Tonight is MTP party....cocktails

Elite lounge is in Club 6.

Laundry mangled a shirt. Gave us a bit of OBC. We didn't complain....things happen. But cabin steward and purser's desk were so appreciate that we didn't go ballistic.....:) karma and all that.

Later.....

Thanks, Murph-

Which two ports are the formal nights? We have decided that we are not partaking, so we will plan something else for those nights (like the UBD or the Crown).

Thank you so much for answering questions!

TL:):)

Hi

Thanks for posting, Captain Nash follows CC, might even post here;)

met him in port and he thanked me for a post I had made the year before,

so not only does he read our posts, he notes there comments,

then does his home work to put our cc name against our real name.:eek:

yours Shogun

Nick is our favorite captain because he seems professiomal but yet is is a wild card.

He reminds me of the rock star character in the movie Love Actually.

He has come a long way from banana boats.

Some answers:

Maitre d' is Generoso. A wonderful man. Very accommodating.

Formal nights on this 7 day cruise were the 3rd (Gibraltar) and 6th (Genova) nights. Not sure about next week yet.

Cruise Director is Ron Goldman, Asst. is Kelley

Cut off for MVP party was under 300...yes very low numbers. 50% of ship were first time cruisers. Party was very, very nice. Food/presentation was outstanding.

Bit's and Pieces: Shuttle to Marseilles was $15/pp

Shuttle to Livorno was E5pp

We went to Cinqua Terra yesterday. Way too many people.....lovely, but so many tourists.

Weather has been off and on. Sun, clouds, mist an drain. Should get better as we go further.

Yes, Captain Nash is adorable :)

Thanks for the update Murphey

Have you noticed much dancing in the Atrium at night?

Enjoy your cruise

It depends. There are so many young children on board, sometimes you just see kids having fun....we hesitate to dance then. Later, yes, dancing.

i'll be doing a 14 day on royal from bcn to athens later this summer...since all her sailings are considered 7 nights, do you know if they do the same menus each week or if they are on a longer "cycle"???

also, can you say which nights are the fofrmal nights? i think you mentioned may 30th as one would would be a monday...when is your second one?

and the most important thing..do you (or anyone else reading who has been on royal!) know if the coffee in the MDR etc is brewed, or is it still their dreadful concetrate? i read somewhere that royal and regal have brewed everywhere now???

thanks and a continued bon voyage!

We are contemplating this cruise in September. Looking at inside cabins vs. balcony. Due to the number of ports, I am leaning towards inside. My question is: are the areas where the ship docks pretty or more of cargo area? I would book a balcony for the view if it is worth the money.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

i'll be doing a 14 day on royal from bcn to athens later this summer...since all her sailings are considered 7 nights, do you know if they do the same menus each week or if they are on a longer "cycle"???

also, can you say which nights are the fofrmal nights? i think you mentioned may 30th as one would would be a monday...when is your second one?

and the most important thing..do you (or anyone else reading who has been on royal!) know if the coffee in the MDR etc is brewed, or is it still their dreadful concetrate? i read somewhere that royal and regal have brewed everywhere now???

thanks and a continued bon voyage!

We were on the Royal in January and my wife thinks it was concentrated. We went to IC for coffee it was very good there.

Tony