When can you go to your room

dc04321

Hi, I haven't been on a princess cruise in about 8 years and will be going on Ruby in September. I was wanting to know if you can go directly to your room after embarkation or do you have to wait until a certain time? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I haven't been on a princess cruise in about 8 years and will be going on Ruby in September. I was wanting to know if you can go directly to your room after embarkation or do you have to wait until a certain time? Thank you in advance.

They are usually ready as soon as you board.

Immediately when you board assuming your room is ready. I have boarded twice with a BVE guest and my room was ready @11-11:30 both times.

Others can chime in on what happens when it isn't ready, I have not experienced that yet.

Sometimes the cabin may not be fully ready if you board close to the starting time for embarkation.

However, even then you can go to your cabin and drop off your carryon luggage and put valuables in the cabin safe.

When can you go to your room

Ha! The first thing I thought when I read the title was - usually when your mom tells you to. Or is that the other way around. Your mom tells you GO TO YOUR ROOM! :D

Someone posted something funny in CC. Someone is going to have their feelings hurt.

Even with early boarding the rooms have always been ready. We normally dump the gear, lock up our good stuff in the safe, and head for the sit down lunch.

On our last three cruises ( since Jan 2016) our room has not been ready twice. We boarded around 12:45 or a little earlier. We had to wait on final touches. On the other one we decided to eat lunch first and took our carry on to MDR before we went to room.

On our last three cruises ( since Jan 2016) our room has not been ready twice. We boarded around 12:45 or a little earlier. We had to wait on final touches. On the other one we decided to eat lunch first and took our carry on to MDR before we went to room.

This hasn't been our experience on 11 Princess cruises. We have always been able to at least drop off our carryon bags. Once the steward was still finishing up a few things but there was no problem dropping off our stuff and putting valuables in the safe.

This hasn't been our experience on 11 Princess cruises. We have always been able to at least drop off our carryon bags. Once the steward was still finishing up a few things but there was no problem dropping off our stuff and putting valuables in the safe.

I agree. Last year we were handed a slip saying that rooms would not be completely ready, but when we got on board at 11:30, we just dropped our bags in the room and went to lunch in the MDR. The room was done by the time we got back.

Only ship we have seen that makes you wait until 1:00 is Regal. Haven't been on Royal, though. Every other ship we went to room immediately on boarding.

We are elite and have always had our room ready including on two Royal Princess cruises (December 2013 and October 2015). We always get to the port before check in begins.

I was on the Regal this Spring prior to a transatlantic and my cabin was ready. It was around noon maybe.

Last year on RCI boarding in Barcelona, I found it annoying you couldn't drop off a bag. It doesn't seem very customer friendly.

After 50 or so Princess cruises, Feb 16 cruise on the Regal was the first time we were not permitted to access our room upon boarding - about 12N - and we were in a suite. Very inconvenient since my Mom is in a wheel chair and we could not drop off carryons or even see the room. :(

If it weren't for those circumstances, it really wouldn't bother me one way or the other.