All inclusive beverage package

blue_water

For two people in a cabin it sounds like they allow one person to buy the AIBP and the other is not required, correct? I assume they apply a sticker to the one card?

I've also read that bottled water and canned/bottled soda are no longer allowed to be carried on, that's a shame...

For two people in a cabin it sounds like they allow one person to buy the AIBP and the other is not required, correct? I assume they apply a sticker to the one card?

I've also read that bottled water and canned/bottled soda are no longer allowed to be carried on, that's a shame...

Where did you read that?

If it was on the Princess website (even though the website is official), it's wrong. This has been discussed here before.

Read this in cc princess threads from late 2015, I've found more recent discussions that say the site was updated in error and you can still carry on water and soda. But some replies still disagree...

I contacted a Princess rep and I was told no limit - whatever you can carry on yourself is ok...thanks for clarifying

If you want bottled water and do not want the hassle of carrying it on, Princess offers a 12 bottle pack for $6.90 that will be delivered to your room. It must be purchased pre cruise and is not available once on board.

And if only 1 person buys the plan they cannot "share" it with the other person

Yes that's correct you cannot share. However the person with the sticker can buy bottles of wine to share. (40% discount up to $100 limit). My hubby had the sticker and bought bottles of wine for me at our usual bar (they put our bottles in their fridge with our name on it). and in the MDR. This is perfectly legal and worked well for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want bottled water and do not want the hassle of carrying it on, Princess offers a 12 bottle pack for $6.90 that will be delivered to your room. It must be purchased pre cruise and is not available once on board.

I had considered that for the convenience until I saw they were 500ml bottles! :eek: We'll carry 6 0.5 ltr bottles with us...

However the person with the sticker can buy bottles of wine to share. (40% discount up to $100 limit). My hubby had the sticker and bought bottles of wine for me at our usual bar (they put our bottles in their fridge with our name on it). and in the MDR. This is perfectly legal and worked well for us

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a great benefit, and it's even better that they will keep it for you!

My wife and I both buy AIBP however if you have the AIBP and get a drink carry it away from where you got and then pass it on who would know? I know it is cheating the system and that is one thing that makes prices go up, but believe you me I'm sure people are doing it right as you read this.

I had considered that for the convenience until I saw they were 500ml bottles! :eek: We'll carry 6 0.5 ltr bottles with us...

I was thinking of something else, the 500 ml is 0.5ltr so that is not bad...

I have to admit, I simply can't wrap my head around the AIBP. It's about $50/day. To receive any 'savings', you would need to be planning to drink more than 5 cocktails, or 9 beers - PER DAY - for the entire cruise. Or, order a $100 bottle of wine every night at dinner, and then another drink or two during the day. But that gets expensive in a hurry.

Now, I like a beer or a cocktail as much as the next guy, but there's no way I'm going to do that for 7, 10, or 14 days straight. At least, not if I have any intention of remembering the trip. :D

I have to admit, I simply can't wrap my head around the AIBP. It's about $50/day. To receive any 'savings', you would need to be planning to drink more than 5 cocktails, or 9 beers - PER DAY - for the entire cruise. Or, order a $100 bottle of wine every night at dinner, and then another drink or two during the day. But that gets expensive in a hurry.

Now, I like a beer or a cocktail as much as the next guy, but there's no way I'm going to do that for 7, 10, or 14 days straight. At least, not if I have any intention of remembering the trip. :D

But remember, it is also good for bottles of water, coffee drinks, milkshakes, mocktails and soda pop. Used wisely, you can definitely save money.

Or drink 2 cocktails, a glass of wine at dinner, 2-3 bottles of water, a specialty coffee or two and a soda or two. Or, drink 7-8 cocktails on a sea day (which isn't even one per hour for most people. Even starting at noon, if you're awake till after dinner, that's less than one an hour, hardly drunk or memory loss inducing for moat folks), and three on a port day. Or any combination you like. As it's not sold per day, just priced that way, it helps to think more of drinking $350 in a week, rather than breaking it down by day. Some days will see more use than others, but for most it averages out.

Add in the fixed cost (and as you can see from numerous posts, many people like to prepay things to know fixed cost or such), and the convenience of no receipts, and being able to try new things, etc - it adds up easily for many people.

It also doesn't add up for many people, apparently yourself being one - so don't buy it. It's not required, it's optional. If it doesn't make sense for you, that's fine. For others, it does.

I have a silly question. Is the all inclusive in the price of the cruise package? Or is it something you still buy separately? If it is included in the fare then everyone has the drink package. What does it all include? Thank you , just trying to understand.

My wife and I both buy AIBP however if you have the AIBP and get a drink carry it away from where you got and then pass it on who would know? I know it is cheating the system and that is one thing that makes prices go up, but believe you me I'm sure people are doing it right as you read this.