Do Mini suites on emerald princess have roofs?

JRA1708

You have to book an Emerald deck mini suite and mark the booking no upgrade to avoid possibility of being upgraded to the Dolphin deck. Emerald deck covered, Dolphin deck uncovered.

Those cabin are right above the Vista Lounge. Is that a problem ????

The last aft ones on either side there maybe slight bass sounds. We have stayed in both. It has not been a problem.

They are very quiet and in a dead end passageway.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The last aft ones on either side there maybe slight bass sounds. We have stayed in both. It has not been a problem.

They are very quiet and in a dead end passageway.

We have been in E731 and no issues with noise from the Vista Lounge for us.

You have to book an Emerald deck mini suite and mark the booking no upgrade to avoid possibility of being upgraded to the Dolphin deck. Emerald deck covered, Dolphin deck uncovered.

I am booked in E731 and do not want an upgrade, but no where can I find where to chose that in my profile or cruise summary. Can anyone help?

I am booked in E731 and do not want an upgrade, but no where can I find where to chose that in my profile or cruise summary. Can anyone help?
Our TA has done that for us or you could call Princess. We have actually chosen the "meta" upgrade which will only offer you an upgrade to another cabin category. In the case of a mini-suite, that would only be an upgrade to a full suite. We have twice been offered an upsell from E731 to a full suite. We accepted one when traveling with DD to the Baltic for $598 for the three of us but passed on a 4 day cruise when friends were booked in 729. Edited by IECalCruiser

I think the covered minis on the Emerald are all connecting cabins. While I like a fully covered balcony, a connecting door in the cabin puts me right off.

According to video's I've seen posted, E731 is not a connecting cabin (no door)

Just an FYI, we were in E731 on the Emerald after her most recent dry dock this year and it does have a connecting door on the left wall across from the closet/bathroom area.
During the Emerald's most recent drydock many cabins were converted to connecting cabins and all 12 Emerald deck mini's connect to one other cabin. Not an issue for us. Edited by IECalCruiser

Something someone else mentioned about the Emerald Deck minis is that the ones on the starboard side are directly above the smoking area. Some reported smoke drifting up onto their balcony and many reported noise from the smokers talking loudly on the deck below. So, just something to consider when planning.

Spent 4 weeks in E725 last year (June 2015). Great location, very quiet.

Certainly no noise problem from Club Fusion in the cabin we had. The stage in Club Fusion is located on the aft port side. I have seen reports from others that have been in the last few minis on the port side having issues with noise (hearing the bass beat from the speakers on stage).

Smoke from the designated smoking area.... Never noticed any whilst underway. Didn't spend any time on balcony while at ports, so not sure if smoke would have been a problem then.

Something someone else mentioned about the Emerald Deck minis is that the ones on the starboard side are directly above the smoking area. Some reported smoke drifting up onto their balcony and many reported noise from the smokers talking loudly on the deck below. So, just something to consider when planning.

I thought smoking was always on the port side? Does it change from ship to ship? I am looking at a mini on the Star but they only have one starboard and it is the 1st one. Does anyone know how obtrusive the white canisters are? Also there are 3 on port side, so does anyone know which side of the ship is smoking on the Promenade deck? :confused::confused:

I thought smoking was always on the port side? Does it change from ship to ship? I am looking at a mini on the Star but they only have one starboard and it is the 1st one. Does anyone know how obtrusive the white canisters are? Also there are 3 on port side, so does anyone know which side of the ship is smoking on the Promenade deck? :confused::confused:
On the Promenade deck smoking is almost always on the starboard side. Upper deck smoking areas are typically on the port side.

• 1 month later...

We booked E730, mainly because after some investigating I read it has a slightly larger balcony. So now I am reading ALL mini-suite balconies are covered on Emerald deck? is that correct? I read yes...and I have read no. Anyone ever stay in this cabin? Thanks, Jodi

We booked E730, mainly because after some investigating I read it has a slightly larger balcony. So now I am reading ALL mini-suite balconies are covered on Emerald deck? is that correct? I read yes...and I have read no. Anyone ever stay in this cabin? Thanks, Jodi

Yes excellent choice!! Better mark your booking "NO UPGRADE". :)

We had some low bass sounds at different times, certainly nothing that ever interfered with anything or bothered us

I will say it was not as experienced in the video in Jimmy''s post.

Here is a video of an Ultimate Balcony Dinner on one of the same extended balconies on the Crown.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Not sure where you read "no". There is no debate on this. All Mini Suites on Emerald deck on Grand Class ships are covered. Here is a video of E730 on a different ship but yours will be the same.

Edited by JimmyVWine

On Grand class ships such as the Emerald, all Emerald deck mini-suites are covered and all Dolphin deck mini-suites are uncovered. We were in E731 on the Crown and enjoyed the almost double sized balcony with a view to the side and aft. We can't comment on noise because the stage is on the port side almost near E730. We had no noise issues in our cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums