D735 or B754 on Emerald - which would you choose?

chamima

We've sailed in C752 and C753 many times and love, love, love the aft balconies!

For an upcoming cruise the corner afts are taken but we have a choice between D735 and B754. From the deck plans the Dolphin balcony is deeper but with the beam.

Has anyone stayed in both and have a recommendation?

Thanks! :D

D735 is a mini suite. I would definitely choose that if you want a larger cabin and bathroom. However, the balcony is not covered and people from higher decks can look down onto your deck.

On the Emerald D735 is an aft premium balcony - same as B754.

Both balconies are fully covered.

This may help!

Just Mike

Thanks Mike!

Did you prefer the deeper balcony , even with the beam?

Another thought - will Dolphin have less motion than Baja?

(It doesn't usually bother us but we'll be in the Pacific Ocean so might make a difference)

Thanks Mike!

Did you prefer the deeper balcony , even with the beam?

Another thought - will Dolphin have less motion than Baja?

(It doesn't usually bother us but we'll be in the Pacific Ocean so might make a difference)

Not really! Next cruise we are going for a Dolphin deck Mini-Suite instead.

All but one of our cruises have been in the Pacific and we have mostly been mid-ship to aft on the starboard side.

Just Mike

We've done several aft balconies. The beam isn't an issue.

As far as movement...one of our first cruises was to Hawaii in a Dolphin mini, all the way at the "end of the line". We weren't bothered by movement, but that being said, we were in a forward cabin on one of our Hawaii cruises and there was a storm with a Beaufort scale of 10:eek:. I slept through it:D.

We've sailed in C752 and C753 many times and love, love, love the aft balconies!

For an upcoming cruise the corner afts are taken but we have a choice between D735 and B754. From the deck plans the Dolphin balcony is deeper but with the beam.

Has anyone stayed in both and have a recommendation?

Thanks! :D

Anyone out there stayed in both cabins? :confused:

• 1 year later...

I specifically chose cabin D735 on the Emerald for an upcoming Cape Horn cruise in February 2018 due to it being fully covered. We are likely to encounter wind and rain as we traverse Cape Horn and sail amongst the glaciers in Chile and the covered and protected from the wind balcony should allow us to be able to be outside more.

I am the OP.

We ended up in B754.

There was some motion, especially on the couple of days that we had some ocean swells but the balcony was fully covered, large enough and GREAT.

Plus we had the BEST cabin steward we've ever had in our 40 plus cruises.

We have the coveted C752 (corner aft) booked for the same cruise next year and my husband has already said that if we could be guaranteed that George would be back on Baja aft he'd give up that corner to be with George again!!!

• 5 months later...
I am the OP.

We ended up in B754.

There was some motion, especially on the couple of days that we had some ocean swells but the balcony was fully covered, large enough and GREAT.

Plus we had the BEST cabin steward we've ever had in our 40 plus cruises.

We have the coveted C752 (corner aft) booked for the same cruise next year and my husband has already said that if we could be guaranteed that George would be back on Baja aft he'd give up that corner to be with George again!!!

Any chance you have a pic of the balcony and the view from balcony?

I'm pretty excited! I love to sit out and watch the wake on Lido aft, but so very delighted to know I can stay in my cabin to do it this trip :cool:(y):cool:

Thanks in advance :)

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old thread now, but I am stuck choosing between these exact two cabins on a Ruby Princess sailing in August (inside passage Alaska). The weird layout of the D735 balcony that I have seen in some pictures and videos as me worried/confused. It looks like the beam isn't right up against the glass, so there is room to get in front of the beam if you want to? Not with a chair, but at least with your body? Also, in one video I saw, the partition in front of the beam was opened up to like a "dead space" balcony next door, which would allow for more, tight viewing if we had access to it. Is it common to have access to that space or is that partition always locked?