Danube River water levels

listaLolis

The Lufthansa strike if it happens is only for three days. The river levels are better now, so watch the Viking website. Also the swaps were done pretty painlessly. You pack, put your suitcase out and it should be in your new stateroom when you get there. To me the transfer to the third ship was hardest as we were on the Baldur for 6 nights, but we did keep quite a few of our staff on all the transfers and that helped some. We just never really unpacked..

Just boarded the AmaPrima in Budapest. We tour Budapest tomorrow and then sail for Vienna. So far it looks like there are no problems with sailing. Will post if there are any problems.

Thanks for the update! We catch this ship going the opposite way next weekend [emoji2]

Thanks for any Lufthansa updates Steamboats. We are on United Friday to Munich and then Lufthansa to Budapest.

What would United do to get us to Budapest from Munich in the event of the strike?

This is making me nervous ....

First water level issues and now concerns over airline strikes. What next ??

Thanks for any Lufthansa updates Steamboats. We are on United Friday to Munich and then Lufthansa to Budapest.

What would United do to get us to Budapest from Munich in the event of the strike?

This is making me nervous ....

First water level issues and now concerns over airline strikes. What next ??

We leave on United on Thursday for Munich and then Budapest. I was relieved that the strike didn't happen and hope they don't change their minds! Not sure that United would do very much to help us - what do you think?

Any up to date news on the Tor? Is it getting along the Danube to Nuremberg. Not much we can do about it at this point but it would be nice to be forewarned!

We are in Vienna and have had no problems or swapping.😊

Onto Budapest tomorrow. First time in weeks the Tor has made it! Thank you, Lord for answered prayers. Happy Cruiser!

Fingers crossed it lasts until this coming week. There is enough turmoil in the world without having to worry about switching ships, striking airlines, etc., etc. Hope you had a good time. We did the Rhine Christmas markets last year and so hope this itinerary doesn't disappoint.

Dear gwntravel,

We are cognizant of your frustrations and are working to obtain answers that explain the situation you described.

As you’ve likely just returned home, please relax and enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend. Once settled, please contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we may address your concerns and discuss your experience in its entirety.

We look forward to your email and look forward to speaking with you after the holiday.

Sincerely,

Viking Cruises

,Mark, Viking could use you as your explanation is much better than what we were told.

At first we were told no ships could make it to Budapest.

Then when we pointed out that the Atla was sailing to Budapest we were told that was "just rumors".

Then when it was pointed out that people on the Atla had posted that they were sailing and you could see the Atla moving on the ship tracking sites we were told that they had people that needed to make flights in Budapest and that is why that ship was going.

To us it would make sense that if it was a must make flight, buses for them are a guarantee not testing the water with that ship.

If you look at my prior posts I have been very positive about the bussing when it is necessary. Everyone on our ship has not like the being lied to

I'm cruising on the Danube as we speak. We left Vienna yesterday on GCT. The landscape is covered in snow--quite beautiful!!

Thank you for the update on the Danube...we got our travel docs yesterday and I'm getting excited... Dec 20th marks the start of our first river cruise - woot, woot!

I didn't pay attention to your home country before I clicked "reply"...but if it's the US - Happy Thanksgiving!

Would love to hear about the Christmas Markets if you get a chance...

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks. We have been promised a turkey dinner tonight on the ship.

The Christmas markets in Vienna were good but not great. The best will be in Nuremberg so they say. Today we are in Melk.

We passed a parked and empty Viking ship this morning. We have seen AMA ships in passing. Haven't seen Avalon however.

The snow is a real treat for me (home in South Texas :) )

On a Viking ship headed towards Vienna from Melk, we are doing Nuremburg to Budapest, the Christmas market in Nuremburg was large but didn't have as nice a feel as Passau, no swaps for us which is real blessing, looks like we will make it through to Budapest as far as we can tell all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read that the rain and snow helped to return water levels to "normal" for a change. We board the Atla on the 6th and am concerned that the levels are once again dropping and may impact our trip. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone in Regensburg after dusk, I highly recommend the Thurn and Taxis castle market. There is a small charge for entering, but it is well worth it.