NCL Spa Pass

bmorevacruiser

I heard about the spa pass for saunas, etc., does anyone have any experiences with the passes - good idea or not?

Thanks Ben

We just got off the Pearl and 19 day from Seattle to Miami. We got the Spa Pass and loved it. With that came the heated tile benches (couldn't get my wife off of them), a huge spa pool with various stations for relaxation. Three or four hot tubs & whirlpools, steam room, sauna, your own locker, showers, tea, water, oranges and to top it off a view from the front of the ship while you sit in comfy lounge chairs; some are big enough for two.

The spa is divided into a mens and womens section with a co-ed place in the middle. We thought it was a great value and we used it every day.:D

Nick

Love the spa...used it every day on last year's 7 ntie NYC to Caribbean and 14 nite repo DAWN - NYC to Miami...worth the price..I love kids (used to be a 3/4 grade teacher) but NO KIDS ALLOWED is great when you just want to relax and hear the soft hushed tones and sometimes the complete silence....go for it!!

Love the spa...used it every day on last year's 7 ntie NYC to Caribbean and 14 nite repo DAWN - NYC to Miami...worth the price..I love kids (used to be a 3/4 grade teacher) but NO KIDS ALLOWED is great when you just want to relax and hear the soft hushed tones and sometimes the complete silence....go for it!!

Salsera - do you remember how much it cost for last year's Repo cruise Spa Pass?

Thanks

Nancy

We used it for the 15 day repo from NYC to Barcelona last April. And we agreed it was worth every penny spent. The pool and sauna were great granted, but what I loved most was getting into the comfy robes, sitting in a lounge chair facing the very front of the ship and watching the water, reading my book, drinking the fresh orange juice and water.

On a port day, after walking all day, to use the jets against the muscles kept me relaxed and limber for the next port day's sightseeing. It was the best.

Freda

Have done it both on the Gem & Dawn. Great, relaxing area. Cost was $20 per day or $75 for 7 day cruise. Good idea or not? Depends on how often you plan to use it. I used it everyday.

Thanks for the information. We are sailing on the NCL Star in January and my wife will love hearing about the pass.

Salsera - do you remember how much it cost for last year's Repo cruise Spa Pass?

I was on the 19 day repo with nderoche and our pass cost $190 for one or $290 for two. It was the first charge we made on our key card after we boarded and we used it almost every day.

We used it for the 15 day repo from NYC to Barcelona last April. And we agreed it was worth every penny spent. The pool and sauna were great granted, but what I loved most was getting into the comfy robes, sitting in a lounge chair facing the very front of the ship and watching the water, reading my book, drinking the fresh orange juice and water.

On a port day, after walking all day, to use the jets against the muscles kept me relaxed and limber for the next port day's sightseeing. It was the best.

Freda

Radelle - do you remember how much your Spa Pass was? We're on a 13 day Repo cruise and I'm trying to figure out how much the Spa pass might be...

Thanks.

Nancy

I was on the 19 day repo with nderoche and our pass cost $190 for one or $290 for two. It was the first charge we made on our key card after we boarded and we used it almost every day.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping the 13 day Spa Pass will be less than $190!!

Nancy

Hello Pete & Anne,

Glad you made it home. The Spa was a great benefit for our cruise.

Looking forward to cruising with you guys again.:D

Nick & Julie

Freda

By chance does anyone know the hours that the spa is open on the Dawn? I would love to get the spa pass and be able to use it on port days before or after sightseeing.

Also, there have been posts that say that spa passes are limited so getting it should be one of the first priorities after getting on the ship. Has anyone experienced not being able to get passes or know anything about how many they sell for each cruise?

We are leaving for a well deserved 9 day on the Jewel 11/14 and want to make the most of our vacation. Does anyone know what the cost would be for the 9 day? This is our first NCL cruise and are a little unfamiliar with all of the options. RCCL and CCL have nothing like this. Sounds like we'll never return to the others after this cruise.

I got the spa pass on the Star last month. To me, it was well worth the price. I visited the spa each afternoon, soaking in the hot tub or the wihirlpool with the loungers in it. I would wrap in one of the cozy robes, plug in my iPod, and lounge on the comfy lounge chairs that look out over the aft of the ship. Yep, the Star's spa is at the aft of the ship, opposed to the Dawn's bow location. The lap pool is small, but adequate. I got back from shore early one day and I went to the spa to find it empty. I ended jogging in the pool (it's 3 ft. to 3.8 ft deep all the way). There is a small station there where there is water and fruit to munch on.

There is a limit on the number of passes sold on each cruise, so if you are thinking of doing it, make sure you hit the spa as soon as you get on the ship. See if it's something you'd really like daily before you pony up the money.

bmorevacruiser,

Our price for the spa pass will be $115.00 pp. (This will be for the Oct. 28th repo cruise from NY to Miami on the Jewel.) Really good deal for 12 day cruise. I also mentioned this on our roll call. See ya on the 28th.:)

Retiredonthesea -

Do you know what the Spa Pass was for 'a couple'?

Will NCL allow 2 people from separate cabins get a Spa Pass for 2, or is this only permitted for 2 people in the same cabin?

nlvc

Retiredonthesea -

Do you know what the Spa Pass was for 'a couple'?

Will NCL allow 2 people from separate cabins get a Spa Pass for 2, or is this only permitted for 2 people in the same cabin?

nlvc

I can't really say as I just emailed our concierge and asked what it would be for DH and I. I think the $115.00 pp is the quote for two ($230.00 couple) I know they put a sticker on your key card so if two people went down together and bought a couples pass I don't know why it would matter. Wish I could be of more help to you.

Retiredonthesea

I had to go back to my bill to remember how much the spa pass cost. It was $75. My cruise was the 6 night Pacific Coastal, so if you have more than 6 nights, it may be more. There are 2 prices, one for a solo pass and another for a couples pass - I don't know how much the couples pass was.

The pass does not include any services. What you get is:

a nice comfy robe to use - a new one each time you visit.

access to the sauna and steam rooms. They are sex-separate.

Access to a nice whirlpool spa that has loungers in it - lay back and let the heated bubbles do their thing.

Access to a hot tub that is adults only. It's much quieter than the hot tubs out at the pool area. And, if you so choose, you can get an adult beverage brought to you as you relax.

A modest lap pool. It is shallow enough that it can actually use it as a "jog in the water" pool.

Relaxation areas. There is one area in each locker room with comfy chairs to relax in and watch the ship wake.

A coed lounge area by the pool/hut tub with cushy lounge chairs, where you can relax, read, nap, and watch the wake of the ship.

A small refreshment table with water and fruit for you.

It's a very nice quiet haven away from the rest of the ship. I spent time there every afternoon. For me, it was worth the price to have an adults only space.

Someone asked if one could buy one pass and share it. I don't think so. When you buy a pass, a sticker is put on your cruise card. They will take your card when you go into the spa. The staff is very good at remembering names... Besides, it really isn't ethical to use someone else's pass, right? If you don't think you are going to use this everyday, just go for the one day pass and buy them when you want to use the facility.

Hey Slidergirl, Love your golden avatar!

We have two goldens Cassie and Jackpot (who is my avatar). Anyway I think I might give the spa a try next time , It sounds very relaxing.

We are Silver Latitudes members and never stepped foot in the spa.

My baby is Slider, aka Mattiaci Sliding for Gold (in honor of my bobsled and skeleton friends who have won gold at the Olympic Winter Games in 2002 and 2006). He's 2 years old. I might have to change my avatar to my new picture of him in my Audi TT roadster with his Doggles on!

Give the spa a try. It really was a nice quiet corner of the ship. The lighting is muted and the decoration is nicely neutral. It was nice to go there after walking around a port, sit in the hot tub, enjoy some intelligent conversation with others in the tub, then go and mellow down on a lounge chair, plugged into my iPod and just get mesmerized by the ship's wake.

Archived