Is a sportcoat needed on Azamara?

AllisonJames

We are approaching our 30-day countdown (so excited) and I thought I read somewhere that sportcoats are recommended for the specialty restaurants? Is that true? Want to make sure hubby is outfitted appropriately. Thanks!

We are approaching our 30-day countdown (so excited) and I thought I read somewhere that sportcoats are recommended for the specialty restaurants? Is that true? Want to make sure hubby is outfitted appropriately. Thanks!

Hi AllisonJames,

I've seen many guests in Aqualina and Prime C, both with Sportcoats and without. I doubt Azamara uses the word "recommended". It's more of a personal choice, and you will be fine either way. In full disclosure, I wore a Sportcoat when I dined in Specialty... but it's not a must.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

I took one on my very first AZ cruise, since then I've never seen the need to take one again, however as always it is down to personal choice with AZ, if your hubby wants to wear a sports coat no one is going to object! Some people see dining in the speciality restaurants as a special occasion and even Tuxes have been seen in there.

Hope this helps

Steve

IMHO one should dress to feel comfortable in the different venues. If you feel allright NOT wearing a sports coat I see no problem. Personally I like to have at least one or two in my luggage and use it frequently for evenings onboard. Some people really don't like to dress up for the evening and I really don't care what others do. I dress to the way I feel. It is the same with the ladies. Some wear evening gowns and some wear trousers and a blouse. It is really not a big deal.

http://www.overstock.com/guides/sport-coats-vs-blazers

NO! Not required. I usually take a long sleeve dress shirt for "dress up" time, if needed. Never a tie or sport coat. Mostly stick with polo shirts for evening dinning - which is more the "standard" on Azamara.

My husband has not taken me on any of our 3 Azamara cruises. That said, he's thinking about buying one for the speciality restaurants - but definitely won't take a tie!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Perhaps you'll get to go on his next Azamara cruise :D:D:D

So t-shirts and shorts are ok?

As I said,.. "feel comfortable in the different venues". If you plan to go for an evening to a nice restaurant, - then dress accordingly. If you go to the buffet, feel free to wear shorts and t-shirt.

My husband has not taken me on any of our 3 Azamara cruises. That said, he's thinking about buying one for the speciality restaurants - but definitely won't take a tie!

Agree no ties! Never really need one unless its a wedding or a funeral

Oops - I didn't really mean he hasn't taken me! Blooming predictive text! What I meant was he hasn't taken a jacket.

So t-shirts and shorts are ok?

On Azamara, you need to wear smart casual to the MDR & Specialty Dining.

Short shorts and T-Shirts would not be proper attire! I would take a sport coat, in case the Captain invites you to dinner. Shorts shorts & T-shirts would not be proper attire.

Short shorts and T-Shirts would not be proper attire! I would take a sport coat, in case the Captain invites you to dinner. Shorts shorts & T-shirts would not be proper attire.

Never needed a sports coat, even when we've had dinner with the Captain and Senior Officers, however as always it is down to personal preference, but the point here is it is not required.

As others have written, a coat is not required. I do bring them and wear them, mostly because coats are part of my native costume. I also find them practical because of the pockets. And comfortable in areas of intense air conditioning.

The odds of being invited to dine with the Captain are sufficiently low that DH does not bring a sport coat, which isn't required for that, anyway. On our recent Quest cruise, he generally wore a long sleeved shirt, but toward the end, as the temperatures rose, he was wearing a polo shirt. We saw everything from jackets and ties to T-shirts.

The odds of being invited to dine with the Captain are sufficiently low that DH does not bring a sport coat, which isn't required for that, anyway.
Exactly right. The Captain will be happy to dine with you with or without a sportcoat.