New to Azamara: questions about included drinks.

Priya2

Hi Azamara folk. So far we have done 3 Celebrity cruises and are to do our 4th with them in June. I've been looking at the Azamara website and I'm very impressed. I wonder if someone could tell me if any sparkling mineral water is included in their 'complimentary' drinks. Weirdly, you can get as drunk as you like on beer, spirits and wine with a Celebrity drinks package, but you can't have sparkling mineral water withought paying extra 😧

Also, will the barstaff make-up cocktails as part of the included drinks?

We're liking the look of the Central America itineraries.

I know sparkling water isn't included in the complimentary list; people are suggesting club soda instead. You can buy an upgraded water package on the website or as you board. And there is also a list of included cocktails on the website.

Edited by Pam

Hi Azamara folk. So far we have done 3 Celebrity cruises and are to do our 4th with them in June. I've been looking at the Azamara website and I'm very impressed. I wonder if someone could tell me if any sparkling mineral water is included in their 'complimentary' drinks. Weirdly, you can get as drunk as you like on beer, spirits and wine with a Celebrity drinks package, but you can't have sparkling mineral water withought paying extra

Also, will the barstaff make-up cocktails as part of the included drinks?

We're liking the look of the Central America itineraries.

Yes the bar staff will use included spirits to make up a cocktail that isn't on the included list, sometimes it may need a bit of explanation/encouragement but we managed to get a Lemon Drop made up in the Discoveries bar quite easily as Bonnie has previously advised on here.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'm a bit confused by the website just stating wine is complimentory with lunch and dinner. I didn't find anything mentioning complimentory cocktails! So just to clarify, those like Banana Dhakari and Tequila Sunrise are complimentory?

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'm a bit confused by the website just stating wine is complimentory with lunch and dinner. I didn't find anything mentioning complimentory cocktails! So just to clarify, those like Banana Dhakari and Tequila Sunrise are complimentory?

You can find the list of complementary spirits and cocktails here

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Hi, We are new to Azamara - is it true that there are no Bourbon's on the premier list. It seems odd - we have the premier package but my husband is disappointed. I assume that we cannot pay the difference to upgrade to the next level.

Hi, We are new to Azamara - is it true that there are no Bourbon's on the premier list. It seems odd - we have the premier package but my husband is disappointed. I assume that we cannot pay the difference to upgrade to the next level.

Jim Beam is on the included list. I believe that is a bourbon, personally I prefer Scotch, so I'm quite happy with the included Cutty Sark Whisky. Naturally it would be nice to have some single malts included, but they are available as an extra.:)

You can upgrade to a higher beverage package that includes Makers Mark and Jack Daniels at any time during the cruise, or alternatively just pay for each drink as you wish, the choice is yours

Edited by Azamarajunkie

• 1 month later...
Okay, one final question. Do both passengers sharing a room have to upgrade to the same package?

Yes. Packages are per person, not per cabin. I've never needed a package though. If you're not too hung up on brand, you can get any drink and any cocktail anytime, anywhere.

Thanks for the helpful replies. I'm a bit confused by the website just stating wine is complimentory with lunch and dinner.

That needs updating. One white, one red and one rose are included every day, any time.

That needs updating. One white, one red and one rose are included every day, any time.

If I remember correctly, once a favoured wine had been introduced, it can be requested on subsequent days, if one doesn't like the daily choice.

If I remember correctly, once a favoured wine had been introduced, it can be requested on subsequent days, if one doesn't like the daily choice.

We found that the the wines of the day change, but, if the wine available is not to your liking then they will be able to get one that you prefer for you.

Brandies are not available on the list, not even the cheaper brands, we spoke to the hotel manager, Phillip, he said it is a gap in the menu but the premium brands are available at the extra cost.

Not all cocktails are available but if you know the recipe then you can mix it yourself, e.g a Cosmopolitan you can get a vodka with Cranberry juice and a separate Cointreau and there you go, stirred not shaken.

Package beers were Budweiser, Beck's and Bud Light, there beers had to be purchased.

I hope this helps

Cheers!

Gary

Edited by TalaTraveller

And, still no sparkling wine/prosecco/cava added to the daily wine list. I wish that Azamara would consider including some sparkling wine with the complimentary package. I know I've seen this request here previously, is anyone else missing this as much as I do? (Azamara's generous rule about bringing our own spirits onboard is my saving grace as I am spoiled, I know, and only drink sparkling.):)

And, still no sparkling wine/prosecco/cava added to the daily wine list. I wish that Azamara would consider including some sparkling wine with the complimentary package. I know I've seen this request here previously, is anyone else missing this as much as I do? (Azamara's generous rule about bringing our own spirits onboard is my saving grace as I am spoiled, I know, and only drink sparkling.):)

I think this is one of Azamara's biggest marketing errors. Many past posts indicate how much we all want a sparkling choice such as Prosecco/Cava available by the glass. It would be so lovely if it was included, but I don't even mind paying for it! Just give us the choice please.

Many of us would like to be able to order a sparkling wine. I would love the odd glass of Prosecco. What I find extraordinary though is that these products are not even available to purchase. Seems bonkers to me and like others, would like Azamara to have a rethink.

Many of us would like to be able to order a sparkling wine. I would love the odd glass of Prosecco. What I find extraordinary though is that these products are not even available to purchase. Seems bonkers to me and like others, would like Azamara to have a rethink.

Are you saying that you can't even buy a glass of champagne? (In their defense, perhaps it's the issue of keeping an open bottle of bubbly from going flat?)

• Like 1