Interesting Azamara Tweet - News Coming ?

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Azamara posted this on Twitter today, which I found interesting. Something significant about to happen ?

Let the speculation begin !

azamara_1_.jpg

Uh oh. If it's new ships - great! If it's yet another change of concept/formula - not so great. It would suggest financial performance still isn't where it needs to be if Azamara once again re-invents itself.

How many times can a cruise line reinvent themselves? I've been on 3 different types of Azamara cruises. My favorite was the original.

It doesn't say anything about reinventing themselves. I know you've posted before about a bad promo experience you had and that it would take a lot to get you back to Azamara so I guess it's not going to be a concern to you what they come up with. Fortunately I've enjoyed all my Azamara cruises and I haven't seen a reinvention, just some new ideas here and there to keep things fresh. Cruised with them since 2011.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Certainly don't think it will be ship related, have thought for a while that there is something different/extra coming. Hopefully it will be something that will add to our cruise experience, but at the moment can't really think what it might be.

Could this not be related to Bonnies' post in another thread - a world cruise with longer time in ports that other world cruises.

Hi MrMojoRisin,

I dont think so. That's been known for a while.

There does seem to be a lot of information on Land Discoveries with special experiences at the moment, maybe it's taking the Azamazing Evening concept further or something like inclusive tours?

something like inclusive tours?

Please, no, or I'll be priced out of yet another small ship. There aren't many left - and few of those I feel like paying for. I disliked river cruising because of the fare you pay for those "inclusions" and personally don't want to see that way of pricing spread.....

Please, no, or I'll be priced out of yet another small ship. There aren't many left - and few of those I feel like paying for. I disliked river cruising because of the fare you pay for those "inclusions" and personally don't want to see that way of pricing spread.....

I hope things aren't altered prior to my up and coming cruise in September.

Surely it will be for future bookings only.

I fear the introduction of all- inclusive will price us out, the price of our cruise has already lept by more than 200%- very few if any cabins available!

Personally I agree, but prices have already risen, 2018 prices seem to have moved into Crystal territory and as much as we love Azamara there is a limit to how much we are prepared to pay. It was only down to the 25% discount offer we had on Journey post refit that we have booked anything for 2018, and even with that generous discount we are paying above the price we paid for similar 2017 cruises.

Trying not to sound like those who complain about all inclusive cruises because they don't drink, but we don't on the whole enjoy ships tours, if we want to be herded around on and off of coaches we would do land tours not cruises!

Edited by Riocca

Cruise and stay?

I would love to do a land holiday to either Lake Garda ( where I am right now and having a wonderful time) or Lake Como ....and then a cruise out of Venice for example. Or a land holiday in Sicily and then a cruise around the Italian islands and mainland. Could also be done with Nice and then ports in the South of France. I'm sure everyone has different ideas but cruise and stay is my hope.

Personally I agree, but prices have already risen,

Yes, true. we're booked on Azamara because of a good deal on an itinerary of interest to us - cheaper than Oceania; we would have had to go to HAL to get something similar (neither of us will go on ships with more than 2000 passengers- we did the Panama Canal on HAL Westerdam and that was just too big, so....) I'm not averse to paying for a luxury line, but I don't want all-inclusive just to make it easier not having to sign bills or whatever reasons people give. It's not that difficult - esp for tours.

Anyway, lots of speculation, I'm sure whatever it is - some will be happy, some won't, and others won't care - and we won't know until we know:p

Anyway, lots of speculation, I'm sure whatever it is - some will be happy, some won't, and others won't care - and we won't know until we know:p

If they put out a teaser there is bound to be lots of speculation and differing views its all part of the build up to the grand announcement.

I look forward to the big reveal.

It doesn't say anything about reinventing themselves. I know you've posted before about a bad promo experience you had and that it would take a lot to get you back to Azamara so I guess it's not going to be a concern to you what they come up with. Fortunately I've enjoyed all my Azamara cruises and I haven't seen a reinvention, just some new ideas here and there to keep things fresh. Cruised with them since 2011.

Phil

I wish there was a 'like' button, ala Facebook. Phil's responses are always timely and well considered.

As a new cruiser, I've really appreciated CC as an opportunity to get up to speed on what to expect. Sadly, lots of forums (not just CC) that are intended to be helpful devolve into negative rants. Criticism can be appropriate, but sometimes it seems like just unproductive anger that doesn't inform or help anyone.

And that's my rant for tonight!

Melissa

Just a thought not really about AZ, yet . Is it me or is there a trend forming where the overnights go to perhaps three days or you fly to somewhere else and rejoin the ship and in reality you end up cruising less and just use the ship as a floating base?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Agree.

Seems to be a developing theme.

However we cruise because we enjoy the ship and the 'whole ' cruising experience.

We also don't see the point of paying around £300/400 a night each to then pay for an expensive land trip with a hotel room. There are of course exceptions to this and for us it would be unusual or unique experiences such as an overnight safari or Moscow from St Petersburg. On our upcoming August cruise Azamara are offering a great choice of these overnight stays which are obviously aimed at cruisers who don't live in Europe. One offers to take cruisers to Venice from Livorno, which is a great idea if you haven't been.

Choice is excellent.

However as well travelled ( in Europe ) Brit's the rest of their land excursions are disappointing and in need of enhancement. This is the main reason we do not travel with Regent and having just discovered Azamara we too hope including excursion isn't their new announcement

Agree.

Seems to be a developing theme.

However we cruise because we enjoy the ship and the 'whole ' cruising experience.

We also don't see the point of paying around £300/400 a night each to then pay for an expensive land trip with a hotel room. There are of course exceptions to this and for us it would be unusual or unique experiences such as an overnight safari or Moscow from St Petersburg. On our upcoming August cruise Azamara are offering a great choice of these overnight stays which are obviously aimed at cruisers who don't live in Europe. One offers to take cruisers to Venice from Livorno, which is a great idea if you haven't been.

Choice is excellent.

However as well travelled ( in Europe ) Brit's the rest of their land excursions are disappointing and in need of enhancement. This is the main reason we do not travel with Regent and having just discovered Azamara we too hope including excursion isn't their new announcement

We totally agree. We also cruise for the ship experience and do not want to pack and unpack after we have once settled in even for a several night overland .

Edited by orchestrapal

welshfamily

As far as SPB is concerned - an overnight to Moscow - one of the conditions of being allowed ashore visa-free with ship's tour or Russian registered tour company is that passengers have to spend overnight onboard. On our upcoming visit to SPB with Az in June they have a three day tour which includes a day trip by train to Moscow (not overnight) but the price is quite high.