Sensual Cruise on Quest.

chromered7

chromered7....This would not be the first time for a "clothing optional" cruise on Azamara. I have not been on one myself.....LOL...but I have heard stories.....it's a case of always make eye contact with the guests....do not let your eyes drift downwards! :D

AZ has chartered their ships to Swingers before. This seems to be a different group. The charter is probably quite lucrative, but I can't help but wonder if these charters will impact their reputation. Converting the ship into a sexual playground is so inconsistent with the AZ branding. Yuck. I feel for the crew who work these cruises.

AZ has chartered their ships to Swingers before. This seems to be a different group. The charter is probably quite lucrative, but I can't help but wonder if these charters will impact their reputation. Converting the ship into a sexual playground is so inconsistent with the AZ branding. Yuck. I feel for the crew who work these cruises.

Exactly my thoughts. I thought the AZ brand stood for something other than profit at any cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It seems very tacky to me and not what I imagine when I think of the Azamara brand. Oh well you can't please all of the people all of the time and at least they will be travelling lightly. Don't think I will be looking to book around this time and hope they have a deep clean after. I too feel for the crew who don't have any choice in this.

Edited by sunlover33

It seems very tacky to me and not what I imagine when I think of the Azamara brand. Oh well you can't please all of the people all of the time and at least they will be travelling lightly. Don't think I will be looking to book around this time and hope they have a deep clean after. I too feel for the crew who don't have any choice in this.

We are booked on the October 3rd cruise so definitely hoping for a deep clean.

For the record, and to prevent crazy rumors flying around such as "the ship becoming a sexual playground" - a hotel director once told me that open nudity is only allowed at specific times at specific venues, i.e. the pool area during the day and the Living Room at night. It's not allowed anywhere outside designated areas. (Also, health and safety regulations don't allow nudity in dining venues in the first place.) People have to sit on towels and special cushions at all times. Lastly, sex in public places is never allowed. Just as on any regular cruise, the only place to have sex is in your cabin with the door closed and the "do not disturb" sign up :)

Totally not my cup of tea, but not as awful as some people on here seem to love to make it out to be.

I have to agree with you with regards to the deep clean and the staff who have no choice.

Not to mention the loyal Azamara cruisers who have had their cruises cancelled to accommodate this.

It does cheapen the brand IMO.

I think it's more than just a clothing optional event this time here is the review from the newspaper

"Passengers will be able to enjoy a luxurious programme with exclusive amenities including clothing-optional areas, private playrooms, adult-orientated entertainment, provocative theme nights, culinary experiences and sensual staterooms."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3618167/The-couples-clothing-optional-cruise-Luxury-liner-launches-sensual-experience-playrooms-themed-nights-aboard-newly-refurbished-ship.html#ixzz4AL6mZv7H

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Isn't the Daily Mail to the UK what the National Enquirer is to the US?

Doesn't really matter as the TA & swinger sites advertising the cruises (on Azamara and many other lines like RCCL, MSC, Celebrity) say the same things.....A quick google finds all sorts of things. Doesn't bother me in the least- I'd much prefer a full-ship charter than just having a large lifestyle group (ANY group) on board messing up the dynamics.

And I certainly hope ships are well & deeply cleaned no matter what. Norovirus is still a worse threat than anything you're thinking could happen on a swingers cruise.....

Not on Quest. She's chartered September 24 to October 26.

The September to October charter is in 2016. The charter being discussed here is for September 2017 and we are booked on a b2b leaving Venice on October 3rd, 2017. Due to the recent charter an added day in Venice was added to our cruise.

According to online sources, the Aug 2 2016 trip in the Baltics is also a swingers cruise....Is that a full charter?

Well, it's not a TA site so presumably I can post the URL http://experience.usatoday.com/cruise/story/cruise-buzz/2015/03/30/sexy-swinger-adults-only-cruises/24981967/

Edited by Hoyaheel

No, it's quite a regular daily newspaper quite unlike the Enquirer.

Thank you. I have read that there is one sensationalist newspaper in the UK, but I can never remember exactly what the name of it is.

According to online sources, the Aug 2 2016 trip in the Baltics is also a swingers cruise....Is that a full charter?

Well, it's not a TA site so presumably I can post the URL http://experience.usatoday.com/cruise/story/cruise-buzz/2015/03/30/sexy-swinger-adults-only-cruises/24981967/

I think it is a full charter. We were originally booked on the Fjords cruise that follows it.