Email for Luggage Tags

graciekelli

It is for real now...I got the email from Azamara to order my luggage tags for our upcoming July 22 cruise. I am super excited and the countdown has now begun! Only 47 more days. I am so looking forward to cruising with Azamara for the first time. :D

Edited by graciekelli

It is for real now...I got the email from Azamara to order my luggage tags for our upcoming July 22 cruise. I am super excited and the countdown has now begun! Only 47 more days. I am so looking forward to cruising with Azamara for the first time. :D

Now I'm confused. Been reading all the posts regarding luggage tags and our cruise is the next one to July 22 departing Amsterdam on Aug. 11. I thought we had to go to our online account and when something suddenly showed up we could order our tags. Now graciekelli says she got an e-mail to order tags.

That's great if true and we can stop checking the website daily. Appreciate someone clarifying the ordering of luggage tags for US Customers.

Thanks in advance,

That's great if true and we can stop checking the website daily. Appreciate someone clarifying the ordering of luggage tags for US Customers.

That was the way Celebrity used to do it.

Then there was talk of them no longer being available ( but I have always been sent them)

BUT the 'My Azamara' web site has been going through an upgrade and people haven't been able to use it, so maybe they are sending emails- just a thought.

Now I'm confused. Been reading all the posts regarding luggage tags and our cruise is the next one to July 22 departing Amsterdam on Aug. 11. I thought we had to go to our online account and when something suddenly showed up we could order our tags. Now graciekelli says she got an e-mail to order tags.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Dave,

The email came and it had a link. I did have to put in my reservation number and name and then click the button that said order luggage tags:) Since you are on the cruise after us, maybe your email will come in a week or so. Here's the message:

Dear GARCIA, K,

Thanks again for choosing Azamara Club Cruises. Your electronic cruise documents for Reservation Number XXX are now ready at the link below. You will need to enter your reservation number, last name, ship and sail date to access your documents. Please print and carry these documents with you during the boarding process as well as your required forms of citizenship and identification (i.e: a valid Passport or other Department of Homeland Security approved documents).

ONLINE CHECK-IN

To expedite the boarding process, please ensure that you have completed your online check-in no less that 4 days prior to your sailing. There you will be asked to complete your immigration and embarkation forms, accept the Cruise Ticket Contract, and set up your onboard expense account. Also, please print your Xpress Pass which will be collected during ship check-in formalities. For your convenience, a link to online check-in is shown below.

SHIP LUGGAGE TAGS

If you enter the online check-in section at least 14 days prior to your sailing date, you may also request that we mail you your personalized ship luggage tags before you leave home. Otherwise, you will receive your ship luggage tags from our porters at the pier.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/onlinecheckin

That was the way Celebrity used to do it.

Then there was talk of them no longer being available ( but I have always been sent them)

BUT the 'My Azamara' web site has been going through an upgrade and people haven't been able to use it, so maybe they are sending emails- just a thought.

In the UK you are unlikely to get any luggage tags through the post, for months now you have had to print off paper copies from your e doc's

In the UK you are unlikely to get any luggage tags through the post, for months now you have had to print off paper copies from your e doc's

In preparation last year, I bought the see through plastic pouches to insert my printed labels, but I was still sent the tacky backed ones by Celebrity. So whatever happens, I am prepared!

For AZ, we've always just relied on the tags provided by the porters at the pier. It's always gone very smoothly, no delays, no confusion, luggage always delivered.

Good to know the porters at the pier can always tag your luggage for you.

I was told by my TA that we'd have to print our own tags, along with our cruise documents. I hadn't thought about the paper versus cardboard versus plastic issue.

How soon do people generally do their on-line check-in? We just did final payment for our cruise in September.

Good to know the porters at the pier can always tag your luggage for you.

I was told by my TA that we'd have to print our own tags, along with our cruise documents. I hadn't thought about the paper versus cardboard versus plastic issue.

How soon do people generally do their on-line check-in? We just did final payment for our cruise in September.

I believe you do need to print your cruise docs (and we always have). They work as your ticket. However you do not need to print luggage tags as the porters are ready to take care of that. We've never experienced any delays or confusion in boarding AZ, always lots of porters and very well-organized. Small ship, few passengers.

Can you please define cruise docs. Am assuming you mean the xpress passes as so far that is all we have and until we get the e-mail nothing else to print.

It's been 20 months since we booked and two to go and can't wait until we head for the airport to start our adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Weird, because I got the nice blue book from AZ (through my TA), nicely personalized for our cruise, and in the middle of that book are the luggage tags. In fact they sent a book for each of us and each has 6 luggage tags in it so we have 12 tags altogether. I think that is a bit of overkill as we will have one bag each.

second email received!! This one had what I think is the colorful brochure that WCC19 received...only electonically:rolleyes: Weill when I printed out the electronic brochure, it had a colored luggage tag on the last page. So, at this point, I suppose I can print extra copies of what we will need an fold them up and put them inside the clear luggage tag holders that I purchased a few years back for our cruises. But I think I will wait for now and see if I receive the luggage tags by mail...I'll give it a week or two.

Weird, because I got the nice blue book from AZ (through my TA), nicely personalized for our cruise, and in the middle of that book are the luggage tags. In fact they sent a book for each of us and each has 6 luggage tags in it so we have 12 tags altogether. I think that is a bit of overkill as we will have one bag.

I paid yesterday and went into 'My Azamara' and filled in all the necessary documentation.

I then had to accept the cruise contract.

Before I left the site, I had the option to have my documents delivered electronically or as paper, so I suspect my luggage tag will be with that when delivered.

Edited by upwarduk

I paid yesterday and went into 'My Azamara' and filled in all the necessary documentation.

I then had to accept the cruise contract.

Before I left the site, I had the option to have my documents delivered electronically or as paper, so I suspect my luggage tag will be with that when delivered.

Jackie,

About 40 days before the cruise the edocs usually become available in My Azamara.

There should be a link at the bottom of the page for you to order luggage tags....although ours never came last time and lots have had problems ! I have read recently that they are being delivered again.

I will order them at that point and go from there!! There is always a page in the edocs with a dummy luggage tag so you can always copy that if needs be....which is what a lot of folks do anyway.

If all else fails, the porters will put them on for you at the pier.

Joyce

Bonnie,

From this thread we have seen several different scenarios regarding final documents and luggage tags and most probably they differ depending on our location.

It is impossible as a newbie to Azamara how this works for us in the US since many people don't put their location and their experience may or may not be ours depending on where they live.

Our cruise is 2 months out and have no clue beyond completing the on line registration and xpress pass whether we will or will not receive further documents from Azamara, an e-mail or have to find a link somewhere in the documents section of the website.

There needs to be this information on the website and cannot find anything about this. This information which we hope you provide shortly needs to be by country as it appears there is a variance by country.

We are very much looking forward to our Axamara cruise and hope to make it our cruise line of choice but, this lack of information and the many differing experiences described in this thread are cause for concern.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Hi rallydave, I am the original poster. I am from Southern California. Today in the mail I received my luggage tags from azamara. They are the adhesive type. Our cruise is in about 5 weeks. Look for your email from azamara around 5-6 weeks before your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We didn't get an email or printed tags. Our cruise departs on Thursday. We used to get the plastic type tags in the UK but not for about a year now. Apparently there were supplier difficulties.

It's no problem as I just printed out the tags in the email documents.

Bonnie,

From this thread we have seen several different scenarios regarding final documents and luggage tags and most probably they differ depending on our location.

It is impossible as a newbie to Azamara how this works for us in the US since many people don't put their location and their experience may or may not be ours depending on where they live.

Our cruise is 2 months out and have no clue beyond completing the on line registration and xpress pass whether we will or will not receive further documents from Azamara, an e-mail or have to find a link somewhere in the documents section of the website.

There needs to be this information on the website and cannot find anything about this. This information which we hope you provide shortly needs to be by country as it appears there is a variance by country.

We are very much looking forward to our Axamara cruise and hope to make it our cruise line of choice but, this lack of information and the many differing experiences described in this thread are cause for concern.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

In the UK we get nothing on the post from Azamara. We print off our express pass and luggage labels. We always take a paper copy of our invoice too - just n case!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi rallydave, I am the original poster. I am from Southern California. Today in the mail I received my luggage tags from azamara. They are the adhesive type. Our cruise is in about 5 weeks. Look for your email from azamara around 5-6 weeks before your cruise.

Thanks for the information graciekelli, hope to see my e-mail in one to two weeks and the tags a few weeks later.

Very strange how I can't seem to get Bonnie's attention and why the process is so different from country to country. Any, why the need to send an e-mail to get the tags when Azamara has all the information to send the tags in their records without sending the e-mail.

Have sailed other lines and the process is much less convoluted and is in black and white on the lines website As CBO, wish Bonnie was more vigilant to see all of the requests for help especially those posted several times without response. We'll see within a week or two if the e-mail shows up and I can then check on our extremely active roll call if others have received their e-mail.

Thanks again for the followup,

Thanks for the information graciekelli, hope to see my e-mail in one to two weeks and the tags a few weeks later.

Very strange how I can't seem to get Bonnie's attention and why the process is so different from country to country. Any, why the need to send an e-mail to get the tags when Azamara has all the information to send the tags in their records without sending the e-mail.

Have sailed other lines and the process is much less convoluted and is in black and white on the lines website As CBO, wish Bonnie was more vigilant to see all of the requests for help especially those posted several times without response. We'll see within a week or two if the e-mail shows up and I can then check on our extremely active roll call if others have received their e-mail.

Thanks again for the followup,

Hello rallydave,

I'm sorry for not answering you sooner. Since you're relying on me to answer all your questions, am I correct in assuming you are not using a travel professional on this reservation?

For quicker answers, here's a link with contact information for our Customer Service.

P.S. You should get an email with your travel documents from us soon.

Hello rallydave,

I'm sorry for not answering you sooner. Since you're relying on me to answer all your questions, am I correct in assuming you are not using a travel professional on this reservation?

For quicker answers, here's a link with contact information for our Customer Service.

P.S. You should get an email with your travel documents from us soon.

Thanks for the reply Bonnie. No, I am certainly using a great TA and only asking questions of you when I see conflicting information on CC. Know I will get documents from my TA but, the luggage tags stories on CC have been extremely confusing and conflicting depending on peoples location.

Have been reading this board for almost two years since we booked our Norwegian Fjords cruise and until this thread the only mention of luggage tags was from UK residents who described a link becoming available on the Azamara website where they could order the tags and then that while they could order tags, they were no longer available.

Thought this was over and above anything my TA would send and recently was looking for that link on my Azamara account. Then this thread popped up with comments that the OP had received a direct e-mail from Azamara to order their luggage tags and information about ticking a box on line like the UK people do as well as information regarding documents, etc. Lots of conflicting posts from different people, some of which without home locations and have contacted my TA who confirmed that it seems that every Azamara booking seems to have final documents processed differently.

Simply thought that you being a direct link between Azamara and CC may people as well a myself would benefit from a posting from you describing the document and luggage tag process as it works in different countries so they can be aware of what to expect as they get close to their cruise as there appears to be nothing on the Azamara website covering this. Did go to your link and it was basically a phone customer service in Guatemala and reports have been less than satisfactory by phoning that number.

Very much looking forward to our cruise and should nothing arrive, still have my printed Xpress passes and can get tags where we drop off our luggage.

Thanks,

I would encourage anyone who doesn't recieve luggage labels through the post to print their own.

We changed our cabins at the last moment last August and were reassured by posters here that the process at the pier was smooth. However as we had Azamara transfers from the hotel and several buses arrived at once it was manic. First you had to gather all your luggage together as it was unloaded. Never easy with a bus load of people. Then you had to wait until a porter was available with tags and a marker pen. With a lot of people all asking for help at once it was quickly obvious that the best course of action was to stand to one side and wait until a porter became free. We were then the last people into the tent and unfortunate enough to be behind quite a few others booking in. Boarding was extremely slow.

What was excellent was the system for people who's luggage had tags. They simply got off the bus and strolled into the tent.

I think this was the only part of our entire cruise which wasn't pretty much perfect therefore I have bought some clear plastic luggage tag holders from Amazon after reading posts on these boards saying Azamara no longer posts luggage tags to the Uk. These tags, 8 for £8.99 are just the right size for Azamara's luggage tags. We are again on Azamara transfers and all our luggage will be correctly labelled.

I am practical and I want to be one of the people strolling calmly into the tent.