limit to dinning in specialty restaurants?

Acrusa

Are reservations hard to get?Can we reserve on line before we sail?

It is not possible to reserve online before sailing. Suggest you make reservations soon after embarking. If you have not been there before both Azamara speciality restaurants are excellent.

On the first day of the cruise you can also by a package for the speciality restaurants. There is also another option offered, which is the chefs table. Overall, we have enjoyed the speciality restaurants, not so much the chefs table. We did find the food at the main restaurant quite good.

It is not possible to reserve online before sailing. Suggest you make reservations soon after embarking. If you have not been there before both Azamara speciality restaurants are excellent.

I gather Prime C is a steak house.

What is Aqualina's Specality?

I ask, as I am Lactose Intolerant and pre- order the previous night ( on Celebrity)

Being in a suite, but only on a 7-day cruise, do you think it's worth booking more than one night in each of the two specialties? I like Italian food but we will be in Italy, after all, and doing a land trip as well, so not a biggy, I'm thinking. Would like to try each, since it's our first Azamara cruise.

On a seven night cruise there will be the Azamazing Evening where the MDR will be open early serving hot and cold dishes buffet style. You will also have White Night, a deck party where lovely food is available. You may also want to eat in the MDR, the patio or Windows Buffet where they offer international themed food in the evenings.

So many options - too little time.

We are embarking for a 7 night cruise on Journey next week and are facing the same conundrum - a first world problem of course!

Aqualina is Italian food

Aqualina specializes in seafood: shrimp, sole, lobster tail, pasta and risotto with assorted seafood. Also veal and beef tenderloin for those preferring carne. Ask a day ahead if you'd like a veal chop.

Just did the Italian chef's table on Quest with Executive Chef Fabio from Sicily and the food and six accompanying wines were all wonderful.

The Dover Sole in Aqualina is lovely....and I don't really like fish! Just don't order the tomato based sauce that is supposed to go with it...because it really doesn't go with it, not in my opinion anyway. They will always do you a simple butter or Veronique style sauce if you ask nicely.

The steaks in Prime C are lovely too.

The Dover Sole in Aqualina is lovely....and I don't really like fish! Just don't order the tomato based sauce that is supposed to go with it...because it really doesn't go with it, not in my opinion anyway. They will always do you a simple butter or Veronique style sauce if you ask nicely.

The steaks in Prime C are lovely too.

Agree on the sauce for the sole, Lottie. The specialty restaurant chefs are quite flexible. I ask for my spinach sauteed in oil and garlic rather than creamed and it's no problem.

Being in a suite, but only on a 7-day cruise, do you think it's worth booking more than one night in each of the two specialties? I like Italian food but we will be in Italy, after all, and doing a land trip as well, so not a biggy, I'm thinking. Would like to try each, since it's our first Azamara cruise.

Because we enjoy the specialties' food, service, and peacefulness (usually), we tend to eat in one or the other most nights. If you make two reservations and then decide that you'd like to eat in either one again, your butler can help you with the reservation.

(And, yes, Lottie A. is right. Skip the tomato-based sauce that comes with the sole. They'll make any sauce you'd like or serve you lemon by itself if you prefer.

Because we enjoy the specialties' food, service, and peacefulness (usually), we tend to eat in one or the other most nights. If you make two reservations and then decide that you'd like to eat in either one again, your butler can help you with the reservation.

(And, yes, Lottie A. is right. Skip the tomato-based sauce that comes with the sole. They'll make any sauce you'd like or serve you lemon by itself if you prefer.

Thanks for the advice. I don't actually like a tomato-based sauce with fish, so I'll remember that.

I received an email from Cruise Critic today listing 15 "must try" Specialty Restaurants and Aqualina made the cut.

It states that there are two different menus for Aqualina, Mediterranean and Italian. Seems only one menu (Italian) is posted online the Azamara website. Are there really two different (alternating) menus depending or is the Cruise Critic article outdated?

I received an email from Cruise Critic today listing 15 "must try" Specialty Restaurants and Aqualina made the cut.

It states that there are two different menus for Aqualina, Mediterranean and Italian. Seems only one menu (Italian) is posted online the Azamara website. Are there really two different (alternating) menus depending or is the Cruise Critic article outdated?

Now one menu. Was two for a short time.

We tend to eat in the specialty restaurants most nights as well, because it is quieter and the ambiance not as rushed (or sometimes quicker and not as drawn out).

Do the specialty restaurants open at the same time as the MDR? Assuming we will need to make all our reservations the day we board, in your experience are the venues crowded when open, or later in the evening?

Thanks,

Gary