Thinking of booking Quest

Georgie562

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are looking on pulling the trigger for the December 2016 ABC- Costa Rica sailing. This would be our first time on Azamara but we have sailed Celebrity and Princess which might be a bit equivalent?. It's part of the BOGO 50% sale so the price cant be beat and I just noticed a price drop.

Its a longer cruise so there will definitely be an older crowd for sure but we will be bored? I really enjoyed the atmosphere on Celebrity. we are both 32

A few questions if you'all don't mind.

Is the deposit refundable? its $550 per person

what does it mean when it says "Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available" ?

What type of entertainment does Azamara offer?

how is the on board service?

TIA = )

Edited by Georgie562

That's one awesome cruise, and I wished I could take that much time off. Look I am in my mid 40's and I thought the same thing as you about and our 2017 cruise of being too young, but I like the idea of being on a smaller ship with less people. And I like the idea of longer stays in port, so the average does not matter to me.

Being as it is a December cruise your already close to having pay in full for the cruise. I think its 120 days out you have to pay in full. And my TA would charge a $50 per person if we cancel before final payment

That's one awesome cruise, and I wished I could take that much time off. Look I am in my mid 40's and I thought the same thing as you about and our 2017 cruise of being too young, but I like the idea of being on a smaller ship with less people. And I like the idea of longer stays in port, so the average does not matter to me.

I cruised Pacific Princess which if I am not mistaken is the same type of ship? I loved how it wasn't crowded even the pools on sea days had no crowd.

Being as it is a December cruise your already close to having pay in full for the cruise. I think its 120 days out you have to pay in full. And my TA would charge a $50 per person if we cancel before final payment

yes you are correct. I am just waiting on my employer to approve my time request.final payment is due august 3. Thinking of reserving with deposit now but was not sure if it was refundable before final. :cool:

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are looking on pulling the trigger for the December 2016 ABC- Costa Rica sailing. This would be our first time on Azamara but we have sailed Celebrity and Princess which might be a bit equivalent?. It's part of the BOGO 50% sale so the price cant be beat and I just noticed a price drop.

Its a longer cruise so there will definitely be an older crowd for sure but we will be bored? I really enjoyed the atmosphere on Celebrity. we are both 32

what does it mean when it says "Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available" ?

TIA = )

The Shuttle service is free. It's in most ports. In some town ports you are not allowed to walk through the port itself. For example in Muscat the shuttle takes you through the docks to the port gates which is at one end of the promenade. From there you can walk along the promenade to the souk or get a local taxi to see other sites. In ports where the dock is not right in town, the shuttle takes you right into town. For example in Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City the shuttle takes you right into the middle of town.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Everyone,

TIA = )

My husband and I took our first Azamara cruise last month and enjoyed it so much that we booked the New Years Eve cruise sailing this December. We were on the younger side (we are in the low 40s) but age really doesn't matter on an Azamara cruise. Our fellow passengers were great and full of energy. Although we are basing this just on one Azamara sailing, we feel that Azamara passengers are travelers more than tourists. It's all about the destination and Azamara does a really good job in delivering.

We loved being on a small ship - it is great to be able to get to any place on the ship within minutes. It is also great that there aren't any crowds. Unless we are on a Disney ship, we do not partake in any of the entertainment so I can't comment on that. The service on the ship was among the best we've seen. We think it beats Disney's legendary service. All the staff are genuinely interested in making sure you are happy. We had a ton of on-board credit so I spent a lot of time in the spa. This was the first time that a cruise spa did not try to sell me products.

If you are able to take off from work, then I highly suggest you try Azamara. As you sailed on Celebrity before, you will continue to accrue points as Captains Club and Le Club Voyage share the same point pool.

Oh, and if you've seen Azamara's latest video about their summer promotion, the video was shot on our sailing. My husband is shown quite a bit towards the end of the video. I'm thinking about contacting Azamara for some sort of royalty payment. :-)

Azamara will retain 100.00 of your deposit for administrative fees; it's a great cruiseline with excellent food, service and atmosphere. beanersts too bad your TA charges you....

Your right is not the TA but Azamara that keeps your 100.00

GSKimmel - New Yrs sailing on the Quest? Thinking of booking this week that sailing for wife and I and two twenty-something daughters. Both attend college hours from home and summer taking them in different directions away from home (ahhh college life) so looking to that week to regroup as a family for some quality time together. What better way then a cruise! Have not sailed as a family for quite a number of years (it was always our choice of vacation when they were small) and we have never been about the mega ships. At this point in our lives enjoy good food and time spent together. Hoping to make it work! Small role call so far and checking the Az site - quite a lot of open cabins. Thinking that it departs from San Juan and sails to Miami may have something to do with that (vs RT from same port)?

GSKimmel - New Yrs sailing on the Quest? Thinking of booking this week that sailing for wife and I and two twenty-something daughters. Both attend college hours from home and summer taking them in different directions away from home (ahhh college life) so looking to that week to regroup as a family for some quality time together. What better way then a cruise! Have not sailed as a family for quite a number of years (it was always our choice of vacation when they were small) and we have never been about the mega ships. At this point in our lives enjoy good food and time spent together. Hoping to make it work! Small role call so far and checking the Az site - quite a lot of open cabins. Thinking that it departs from San Juan and sails to Miami may have something to do with that (vs RT from same port)?

That's the one! It will be the second time this year we will be on the Quest. In the Mediterranean, I didn't have a lot of time to enjoy her. I plan to do so later this year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD