Walking Grand Harbour to White Bay JVD

cruzinchad

I believe the Ferry from Tortola docks at Great Harbour. Is it easy enough to walk from GH to WB. We are quite fit and have a few hours on JVD is it sign posted and roughly how far is it. I'm thinking a walk would be nice and save on taxi fare

Thanks

It is a 20 min hike and over the hill but great views and definitely doable for someone fit. Taxi is $5pp each way if you want to return by taxi.

Walking you can also stop by Ivan's Stress Free Bar on the way, via taxi you'd probably never get to it...

It is a 20 min hike and over the hill but great views and definitely doable for someone fit. Taxi is $5pp each way if you want to return by taxi.

Walking you can also stop by Ivan's Stress Free Bar on the way, via taxi you'd probably never get to it...

Are there clearly defined foot paths or is it a case of walking along the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
I believe the Ferry from Tortola docks at Great Harbour. Is it easy enough to walk from GH to WB. We are quite fit and have a few hours on JVD is it sign posted and roughly how far is it. I'm thinking a walk would be nice and save on taxi fare

Thanks

It is not that bad of a walk, even for less-than-fit people. The walk back is the steepest uphill part and we did that after a day of drinking at the beach bars. The best part about walking is you get the perfect postcard picture of White Bay Beach when you get to the top of the hill. Just make sure you allow extra time to make the Ferry back to West End.

If you want to taxi back the driver will stop for photo ops too. Some folks moor in Great Harbor and take their dinghy over, not recommended but they do it. There may be a water taxi option from Foxy's if interested in that.