Paddle Board rentals

cardamon

My family is interested in paddle boarding. We arrive on the Anthem 7/8. Can you tell me which nice beached, close to the cruiseport, rent paddle boards? Thank you!

You can rent paddle boards at Somerset Bridge Sports or H2O in Somerset. Maybe at Fantasea at the Dockyard.

My family is interested in paddle boarding. We arrive on the Anthem 7/8. Can you tell me which nice beached, close to the cruiseport, rent paddle boards? Thank you!

Here are 4 others that offer SUP rentals:

• Island Winds, St Geroge's, offers tours for beginners;
  • Blue Hole Water Sports, Grotto Bay Beach Hotel, about half way between Hamilton and St George's;
  • KS Water Sports, Hamilton or St George's;
  • SurfSup, Daniel's Head Beach. about 4 miles from where the cruise ship docks. offers off the beach SUP, alert: website has not been updated for 2017, FB page says they are closed, maybe they just haven't opened tor 2017.

SBtS

• Blue Hole Water Sports, Grotto Bay Beach Hotel, about half way between Hamilton and St George's;
  • SurfSup, Daniel's Head Beach. about 4 miles from where the cruise ship docks. offers off the beach SUP, alert: website has not been updated for 2017, FB page says they are closed, maybe they just haven't opened tor 2017.

SBtS

There were photos of the squatters being evicted 9 Beaches in January and those included a bunch of water sports stuff being trucked out. SurfSup was on the sign in one of the pictures. So they may have been evicted too.

http://bernews.com/2017/01/9-beaches-occupants-being-evicted-today/

SBtS

As Charles mentioned, they and other business squatting at Daniel's Head were evicted. The other places you've mentioned don't meet the OP's request of being at a nice beach close to the cruise pier. As far as I know there is nothing that satisfies the OP's request.

As Charles mentioned, they and other business squatting at Daniel's Head were evicted. The other places you've mentioned don't meet the OP's request of being at a nice beach close to the cruise pier. As far as I know there is nothing that satisfies the OP's request.

Yes, I know that they do not meet the OP's request, but that would be also true of what Charles first posted. At least, we were providing the OP with the options that are available.

SBtS

Yes, I know that they do not meet the OP's request, but that would be also true of what Charles first posted. At least, we were providing the OP with the options that are available.

SBtS

Fine, but I think it warrants an explanation on the order of "Here are places that rent stand up paddle boards, but none meet your criteria of being close to the cruise pier and on a nice beach."

Otherwise it looks like you've selected placers that meet the criteria.

And if you read Charles' first post carefully, he's identified places that definitely don't and given one place as a "maybe" so nothing he said implies that the places he mentioned meet the criteria...in fact just the opposite for two of the three.

Snorkel Park Beach at the Dockyard rents paddle boards according to their web site. It does not fit my definition of nice beach but it is a beach. It might suffice for the other person for Paddle Boarding. The other places I mentioned near the Dockyard in Somerset, the Paddle Boards would be off a dock. Those might suffice too, I have not Paddle boarded so I don't know. SBtS mentioned Blue Hole Water Sports. That is off a nice beach but the beach is not close to the Dockyard. Some compromises may have to be made but there are Paddle Board opportunities.

Edited by Charles4515

Fine, but I think it warrants an explanation on the order of "Here are places that rent stand up paddle boards, but none meet your criteria of being close to the cruise pier and on a nice beach."

Otherwise it looks like you've selected placers that meet the criteria.

And if you read Charles' first post carefully, he's identified places that definitely don't and given one place as a "maybe" so nothing he said implies that the places he mentioned meet the criteria...in fact just the opposite for two of the three.

I think by identifying the general location of where the rental is: Hamilton, St George's or between, provides the OP the info that those businesses mentioned are not close to the cruiseport as desired.

The assumption is that the OP knows where St George's and Hamilton are in relation to the Dockyard; if not, a map comes in handy.

SBtS

I think by identifying the general location of where the rental is: Hamilton, St George's or between, provides the OP the info that those businesses mentioned are not close to the cruiseport as desired.

The assumption is that the OP knows where St George's and Hamilton are in relation to the Dockyard; if not, a map comes in handy.

SBtS

If the person has never been to Bermuda that is a really bad assumption. Many, if not most of the people asking questions here have never been to Bermuda.

thanks so much, all of you!!

We need to stay close to the cruise port. I think our best options may be either Snorkel Park (and we'd miss the beauty of Bermuda but the kids would be entertained) or take our own inflatable paddle board to Horseshoe Beach for the beauty! What do you think?

Again the OP says thanks!!

We need to stay close to the cruise port. I think our best options may be either Snorkel Park (and we'd miss the beauty of Bermuda but the kids would be entertained) or take our own inflatable paddle board to Horseshoe Beach for the beauty! What do you think?

As much as I prefer Horseshoe Bay to Snorkel Park the surf at Horseshoe Bay is usually rough and probably not suitable for stand up paddle boarding.

I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if I don't help. We brought out own inflatable stand up boards and did put in at dockyard. It is fairly calm there but once you get past the beach it is a dump until you paddle a couple of Km's away from there. We also went to Church Cove and it was a little rougher paddling there plus the public transportation buses refused to take us on the bus with the backpacks even though we had purchased passes. Ended up taking taxi after three buses refused us. I found it nice just outside the dockyard to paddle and we grabbed a mini van and he accommodated us.