M/S Southward--Does anyone have a picture?

DH and I sailed on the M/S Southward (NCL) many years ago. We have since become avid cruisers. We have a collection of refrigerator magnets with images of every ship we have been on except the Southward (at the time, we didn't think we would ever be able to afford to become avid cruisers and start a collection of magnets). I want to have a magnet made so our collection will be complete. Does anyone have a picture of the M/S Southward that is not copyrighted that they would be willing to share a copy of?

Edited by doctoranna

We took our first cruise on that ship from LA for 4 days. Our kids were about 10 & 12. They are now 38 &40. It was a wonderful cruise & we loved it. They were filming a TV movie while we were aboard called class reunion. Many TV stars were on that little ship. From Knot's Landing,Night Court, McLean Stevenson, etc. our cabin was so tiny! It had 2 pull down bunks over the single beds. No TVs, phones. It did have a movie theater. We became addicted to cruising on that little ship. ️[emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you take any pictures of the ship?

Yes, we had a great time on the Southward. We sailed out of LA to Catalina and Ensenada. Our cabin actually had a double bed in it, but that was about all that would fit.

The funny thing is, when I dug up the receipt to show NCL that we were indeed past guests, I noticed that, almost 20 years ago, we paid over $400 a person for a 3-day cruise. The 4-day cruise we took out of Tampa a few years ago was less than $400 pp.

Edited by doctoranna

• 5 months later...

I have a postcard with a picture of the ship. It was our honeymoon 25 years ago. We had a porthole cabin with a double bed and a pull down. It was a 4 day cruise and was $1500. No tv, just a radio that turned off around midnight. I made a picture of it and tried to upload, but it was too large. I don't know how to change the settings. If you want to pm me with your email, I will send it to you.