short fins for snorkeling

Host Star

I have a pair that I keep in my dive bag and take them on every trip - I use them as my back-up fins and they are my go-to snorkel fins. They are US Divers travel fins and cost about $45 at my LDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by smokinmike

I have a pair that I keep in my dive bag and take them on every trip - I use them as my back-up fins and they are my go-to snorkel fins. They are US Divers travel fins and cost about $45 at my LDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks.. that is the ones I ordered on line.. my LDS does not have short fins.... so I'm hoping I ordered the right size... :(..... if they get here soon enough I will have time to send them back and exchange them before my cruise jan. 21 on Harmony

Oh I love my short snorkel fins, I have the same brand you just ordered. They make walking on the beach and on the deck of diving boats a breeze since they are half the length of regular fins.

I'm a man with a size 12 shoe and I bought the L fins, they fit just right. They don't bother me at all. Even though they have a cushioned back strap, I still wear neoprene socks just in case, I'm paranoid about blisters. I have the socks that have the open heel. They are small and compact, and easily fit inside my fins for storage.

>

We take shorty ("swimmers") fins with us. Much easier to pack, as you say. Even just used carryon luggage for 10 days in the Society Islands.

They work just fine. I never had a problem, swam quickly with ease to follow (from above) manta rays and fight strong currents in Huahine, just using my legs.

I have been using the shorter fins for about 6 years now and we snorkel everywhere we go. I also have the booties because it makes it easier to enter the water (depending on the conditions) and I noticed early on when I got them that my big toe would rub in the open part in the front of the fin. Putting the booties on made it comfortable, but that's just me.

This is what I have

IMG_7203-M.jpg

• 3 months later...

Those don't have much of a blade to them. They'd be fine for a pool, but for the ocean I prefer something like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Cressi-Palau-Weight-Travel-Snorkeling/dp/B001PR1326

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, now that I have my own snorkel mask I guess the fins are next and the short fins certainly I have my attention. After looking at a couple of the links I noticed there are some with the adjustable strap in the back or the full heel back for lack of a better description. Is there a preference among those that have used either or maybe even both? With my limited experience I've probably had better luck with the adjustable strap but would like to hear what others have experienced. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
This is what I have as well.

I just received my shorti fins this weekend. They seem to fit fine except that about an inch of my heel sticks out over the bottom. My wife tried hers on also and hers fit fine also and her heel also sticks out over the bottom. Is this true for you folks who have the Cressi Palau also that your heels stick out about an inch or so over the bottom?