Wearing Bathrobes to the breakfast buffets

Revdoll

Like the time I entered the elevator. Three young boys were sitting on the floor and pushing buttons to see if they could keep them all lit. I had to step over them to get in. There were several adults standing, backed up to the walls and all had disapproving looks on their faces. My solution???

I carry my cell phone only for the clock. I took my cell phone, pretended to dial a number, waited a few seconds and then said in a loud voice "security? we have a problem on elevator 4."

Not only did they leave at the next floor but for the rest of the cruise when this "young gang" saw me, they disappeared. Problem solved.

I also received thanks from the adults that didn't bother to speak out sooner.

I have many others also. Too many to list, but I do have fun on my cruises no matter what comes along. Buffet lines? Don't get me started. :D

You had me at "buffet lines"! Do tell!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would never do it and I have only seen it happen once MANY MANY years ago, but it did provide a few giggles for us. I can't control what others do and I'm not really interested in controlling them, but........I loved the solution for the kids in the elevator and I'm going to remember it for the next time this happens. I seen it several times and always wondered why no one says anything to them. I love this solution to the problem. This way, I don't have to ask "Are these kids with any of you?" to the others in the elevator.

• 2 weeks later...

people will be people and they are on the cruise paid there fare and

it is what they want to do. i would not do it. but to each there own

i would hope they would not allow them in hte sit down dining room

but cruise lines have gotten very aid back and they do not want to

offend anyone it seems. I get dressed up for formal nite and alot of folks

do not and the maitre stil lets them eat there. i feel that is wrong tell them

nicely it is formal nite. they can go back and change order room srvice or go to the buffet

but no body wants to speak to the topic at hand as they are so afraid of offending others

meanwhile i am offended that they are in casual and not dress up attire

• 1 month later...

Some cruise passengers think a cruise is all about them. It's not, it's about all the passengers on board. When you earn enough money to do as you please or wear what you please do us a favor and rent a private yacht and have at it. If you're going to cruise with me and fellow passengers that have social graces leave the bathrobe in the bathroom and put on some cloths while visiting any part of the ship that serves meals. The bathrobe bandits would go nuts if their server delivered their breakfast to them dressed in a bathrobe.

I have no trouble [discreetly] telling a passenger that they are dressed inappropriately for this part of the ship and that the proper thing to do for all those around them is to excuse themselves and enjoy the ships wonderful room service option.

The head waiter should have advised the robe wearing passenger that they were inappropriately dressed well before I had my 'little chat' with them.

Some cruise passengers think a cruise is all about them. It's not, it's about all the passengers on board. When you earn enough money to do as you please or wear what you please do us a favor and rent a private yacht and have at it. If you're going to cruise with me and fellow passengers that have social graces leave the bathrobe in the bathroom and put on some cloths while visiting any part of the ship that serves meals. The bathrobe bandits would go nuts if their server delivered their breakfast to them dressed in a bathrobe.

Basically, you're on a hotel at sea--If you wouldn't do it at a hotel...

• 4 months later...

I honestly didn't notice others too much while we were on our cruise. I can't imagine the miserable person I would have to be to be actively seeking out things to annoy me while on vacation. Honestly, who cares? It only affects you because you are choosing to let it.

Maybe instead of spending precious hours of your life scoping out the dining room for people to cast judgment on, you should just chillax and enjoy the company of the friends and family who you have chosen to spend your limited vacation time with.

Some of the people in this thread come off like they are absolutely desperate to feel superior to others. Usually when someone has to try that hard to place others beneath them, it's because deep down inside they lack self esteem.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't care less. Sure, I look at the people in robes and PJS, give myself a little giggle, makes my day better and go off on my way to eat. The only thing that would bother me if, if they are touching buffet food with their fingers, spilling water everywhere after the pool or being too nude in the dining area. Tan topless but near the pool, not where I eat. Other than that, its makes a good cruise story. Let people enjoy their trip, you make your trip as good as you think! c

:'):'):')

Like the time I entered the elevator. Three young boys were sitting on the floor and pushing buttons to see if they could keep them all lit. I had to step over them to get in. There were several adults standing, backed up to the walls and all had disapproving looks on their faces. My solution???

I carry my cell phone only for the clock. I took my cell phone, pretended to dial a number, waited a few seconds and then said in a loud voice "security? we have a problem on elevator 4."

Not only did they leave at the next floor but for the rest of the cruise when this "young gang" saw me, they disappeared. Problem solved.

I also received thanks from the adults that didn't bother to speak out sooner.

I have many others also. Too many to list, but I do have fun on my cruises no matter what comes along. Buffet lines? Don't get me started. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I can't help but draw a distinct parallel between the theme of this thread and those 'Walmart shoppers' photos that we all see floating around the Internet. Yuck is all I have to say! :eek: