NYT article on gay matchaking on the QM2

MarkBearSF

A very strange article. I find it hard to believe he was the only one at the FOD meeting on the QM2?? In our three voyages on her, there were never fewer than a dozen attendees, usually 20-25.

And her friend the gay "influential travel writer" was strangely ignorant of the well-known demographics of the Cunard passengers (especially if the previous voyage was the final segment of a World Cruise, as I suspect).

Also, forgive me if I fail to feel sorry if he didn't find anyone without gray hair that met his standards, or that his "rescuer" found the onboard disco was lame by her London or NY gay club standards.

http://nyti.ms/2oybW0p

Edited by MarkBearSF

• 2 weeks later...

It was a negative article. I have never sailed QM2, or even Cunard for that matter but I have a good idea of what to expect as far as the make up of the ship passengers. It seems like there was a group of bears on board but since that is not his type he didn't give them any thought. His loss. There is nothing wrong with facial hair.

My take is that it was a puff piece by an aspiring writer and should not be given much credence; that being said I don't feel it was negative - it was more of a retro society style story mainlining gay experiences, and kind of cute.