Maui: No Daypasses. Buy a Room For a Day? If So, Where's a Good Place?

ajtraveler66

It sure would be nice if hotels in Maui provided day passes. I understand they do not. That being said, have any of you ever "bought" a room for a day at a hotel that has a decent beach/pool area? I checked the Four Seasons and they wanted about $800.00 for four people. NO WAY!!!

Anybody ever found a decent, reasonably priced hotel with the beach/pool? Just curious.

There is that wonderfully vague and subjective phrase..."decent, reasonably priced".

First, Four Seasons is one of the highest priced hotels in Wailea, and at least when I have stayed there, the pool area is pretty crowded, with not a lot of spare loungers, etc, around the pool. The cheapest room next door at the Grand Wailea (with a far better pool area) is going to be around $350-450, depending on time of year.

Second, Hawaii in general, and Wailea in particularly, is not cheap.

If you are looking budget, try Kihei. Much better chances there.

The beaches are public everywhere in Hawaii. So no problem getting to a beach.

There is that wonderfully vague and subjective phrase..."decent, reasonably priced".

First, Four Seasons is one of the highest priced hotels in Wailea, and at least when I have stayed there, the pool area is pretty crowded, with not a lot of spare loungers, etc, around the pool. The cheapest room next door at the Grand Wailea (with a far better pool area) is going to be around $350-450, depending on time of year.

Second, Hawaii in general, and Wailea in particularly, is not cheap.

If you are looking budget, try Kihei. Much better chances there.

The beaches are public everywhere in Hawaii. So no problem getting to a beach.

I love the fact that public access is easy. I did however notice that there is no beach bar scene like in the Caribbean. We brought our own water and a thick plastic tablecloth to put our towels down on and lie on, and drove or walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch depending on the beach we were at in Maui or Kauai. At first I really missed the Caribbean beach bar scene but as the days went on I began to enjoy the quiet and beauty of the beach that I was on.

Hawaii doesn't have the same "vibe" as the Caribbean, that's for sure! ALL beaches in Hawaii are public....you don't NEED a day pass to go to any beach. You would have to pay for a room at the going rate to use a hotel's pool...or just stay on the ship and use that pool!

Hi - not sure if this is what you're looking for but I searched "day pass Maui hotels" and found that the Westin in Kaanapali has a day pass to it's spa for $25. It includes use of locker rooms, steam, sauna, whirlpool and oceanfront relaxation lounge (not quite sure what that includes). Of course the beach is right there as well. Hope this helps.