California To Hawaii

SlimMackerel

I went to another cruise only travel web site (that we're not supposed to mention), punched in Hawaii cruising from any CA port (round trip) and got a number of hits. Princess, Holland, Carnival, Crystal, Seaborn and Regent.

All cruising from LA, SD and SF.

• 1 month later...

We have done three LA/Hawaii RTs on Princess. I highly recommend this itinerary (though not for a first time cruise as the seas can get rough).

If you can go on the websites for Princess, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity (plus some of the premium lines might also go...a few years ago, a Crystal ship was doing almost the same order of ports as us), you'll find Hawaiian cruises. As someone said, these are usually between late September and early May.

• 5 weeks later...
Wife and I are doing a 14-day Carnival cruise from Long Beach (LA) to Hawaii in January 2019. 4 ports...no overnights though.

hi, i just saw that cruise last night. how do you think the weather in general at days at sea?. we don't normally book this far but thought it was a value and have never sailed that long before.

hi, i just saw that cruise last night. how do you think the weather in general at days at sea?. we don't normally book this far but thought it was a value and have never sailed that long before.

A quick look around the board will find the common statement that it will be cool, and rougher the first 2 days sailing away from the West Coast, and the last two days returning to the West Coast. The closer to Hawaii, the warmer and generally smoother it will be.

However, nothing is etched in concrete. You are going in winter. It could be rough and cold, or not.

A quick look around the board will find the common statement that it will be cool, and rougher the first 2 days sailing away from the West Coast, and the last two days returning to the West Coast. The closer to Hawaii, the warmer and generally smoother it will be.

However, nothing is etched in concrete. You are going in winter. It could be rough and cold, or not.

thanks . i appreciate the answer . i'm not new to the boards but haven't looked at this route before.

Edited by gr8tfulscott
spelling