Nassau Blue Lagoon ?s

deriam2000

If you are going to Blue Lagoon how would you go about getting there and how much does it cost?

Also how long does it take to get there and back.

Thinking about going there on our own and booking the dolphin encounter through them.

You'll need to take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry terminal, $4 a person (plus tip) on the way there. They want you at the terminal half an hour before your excursion to check in so I would leave the port a good hour in advance.

On the way back, the ferry may drop you off directly back at the port. If not, you'll need to take a cab back. Usually on the way back to port, you're not in a shared van so they charge $11 for 2 people.

The ferry ride takes about 30 minutes.

Keep in mind that if your cruise ship offers the encounter, you'll have to book through the ship. They won't let you book directly because of contracts with the cruise line.

• 1 month later...

Does the whole family have to pay the amount Dolphin Encounter? Our two kids want to do the encounter/swim, can my husband and I pay for just them and watch or do we need to pay the full price for the 4 of us since we'll need to take the ferry over etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does the whole family have to pay the amount Dolphin Encounter? Our two kids want to do the encounter/swim, can my husband and I pay for just them and watch or do we need to pay the full price for the 4 of us since we'll need to take the ferry over etc?

Depends on the ages of your kids. Younger kids will need a parent in the water with them in order to participate. Otherwise, you can purchase an observer ticket.

Check out the FAQs on www.dolphinencounters.com

*Guests ages 6 to 12 must be accompanied (in the water)by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the swim. Parents or guardian must be at least 18 years of age

If you book through the cruise ship can you add on observers? I am doing the dolphin encounter with my oldest daughter but my younger daughter wants to watch. I hate to pay full price for the excursion for her to just watch. I did not see an option for observer on RC website

If you book through the cruise ship can you add on observers? I am doing the dolphin encounter with my oldest daughter but my younger daughter wants to watch. I hate to pay full price for the excursion for her to just watch. I did not see an option for observer on RC website

RC does have observer available, at least they did when I sailed in Nov 2015. It was not listed on the website prior to sailing but i was able to purchase it on the ship. I believe it was $35. My wife, daughter and mother did the encounter and loved it. I watched and took lots of pictures which they do allow. They were not the best angle but still nice to be able to take your own.

• 3 weeks later...

We just did this and it was $49 a piece on the ship for the observer pass. It was a great experience!

• 1 month later...

We have a group going to Blue Lagoon June 5th for the beach day. My dad has COPD and doesn't need to sit directly in the sun for a long period of time. Are there very shaded areas where he could come with us and enjoy the day with us in the shade? Also, is the food area/restaurant air conditioned so that he could go in there if need be?? Does the ferry run all day so he could leave if he needed to? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I believe our ferry back to the Port for Royal Caribbean ran two times, 1 pm & 2 pm. The Norwegian ship had a return time as late as 4:00. Our ship was leaving at 4:30, so perhaps that played a role in the earlier return times. We did the Dolphin Encounter so we didn't have much time to explore Blue Lagoon. It was a cute island, but my husband was not super impressed (outside of our exersion). It's a significant boat ride from the port, at least 30 minutes, but it felt longer. I'm sure your dad could find some shade if he really wanted to join the family, but I also don't think he would miss much if he chose to stay on the ship that day. Hope this helps some!

We have a group going to Blue Lagoon June 5th for the beach day. My dad has COPD and doesn't need to sit directly in the sun for a long period of time. Are there very shaded areas where he could come with us and enjoy the day with us in the shade? Also, is the food area/restaurant air conditioned so that he could go in there if need be?? Does the ferry run all day so he could leave if he needed to? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1. There were plenty of shaded areas when we went a couple of years ago.

2. The food/restaurant area is NOT air conditioned. In fact, I do not remember any air conditioned areas.

3. The departure ferry started running around 1 - 2, then every 1 1/2 to 2 hours (ours were 2 PM, then 4 PM). The ferry did take us right back to our cruise dock however.

We really enjoyed the Blue Lagoon. The ferry ride is 30 to 45 minutes and not air conditioned. Also, quite a walk from the dock to the lagoon/beach area (some sandy spots).