Dinner in MDR?

lollyb23

Hi all,

We are getting married on the Magic on August 13, 2017! We don't really plan on any scheduled activities, but we thought we might want to all try and do dinner one night (probably a formal night) in the MDR.

Right now, we have about 30 guests sailing. Is it even possible to do a meal together in the dining room? We're signed up for the early seating if that makes any difference. Anyone have experience with this?

Hi all,

We are getting married on the Magic on August 13, 2017! We don't really plan on any scheduled activities, but we thought we might want to all try and do dinner one night (probably a formal night) in the MDR.

Right now, we have about 30 guests sailing. Is it even possible to do a meal together in the dining room? We're signed up for the early seating if that makes any difference. Anyone have experience with this?

I would all the bookings for the guests . Then call Carnival then have them link all the numbers. Also ask you can prebook the speciality restaurant for a given day.

We linked the reservation numbers of each our sailing guests to our reservation number. That ensured that we'd be seated near each other in the MDR. But it only worked because all of our guests requested the same dining time (late seating in our case).

• 1 month later...

Not quite sure about that many people, but we did my grandparents 50th anniversary on the Carnival Victory in 2004... i think we had 18 people total, they did a U-shaped table right next to aft window... we had a great view!

We had 60 guests, but all were individual reservations, not an official "group" booking. In order to make dining room seating work, all the reservations were linked to a single booking and all had to choose the same dining option/time. We were in the late seating and all of our guests were assigned to one of about 10 adjacent tables in the same area of the dining room. Tables ranged in size from 4-tops to 12-tops.

FYI - if you are already have a "group booking", they will also seat your group together. Each year I sail with a group of 100 or so, and we are always seated in the same section of the dining room, in close proximity. But the groups department handles that seating with our travel agent.

• 1 month later...
We had 60 guests, but all were individual reservations, not an official "group" booking. In order to make dining room seating work, all the reservations were linked to a single booking and all had to choose the same dining option/time. We were in the late seating and all of our guests were assigned to one of about 10 adjacent tables in the same area of the dining room. Tables ranged in size from 4-tops to 12-tops.

FYI - if you are already have a "group booking", they will also seat your group together. Each year I sail with a group of 100 or so, and we are always seated in the same section of the dining room, in close proximity. But the groups department handles that seating with our travel agent.

Hi. My group is looking to be close to 100. But because of the time of my reception, my dinner will be at the 8:30 setting. Do you know, since I set up that time is everyone "married" to it? For example, I have some older guests, and some with small children, will they be able to eat earlier on the other nights? (We are taking RCI Majesty of the Seas, and they do have 2 seating along with my tie dinning)

With traditional dining (Main Seating/Late Seating), each guest will be assigned to the same table at the same time each night. You can't choose early one night and late the next. You can vary your dining time if you opt for My Time (which I have never done, so I can't provide much info). If all your guests elect "my time", they won't seat you all at the same time, and you may not be near each other.

If you have booked through the Royal Caribbean groups department, you should contact them to arrange seating for your large party. Or, if you've used a travel agent, they should also be able to help.

With traditional dining (Main Seating/Late Seating), each guest will be assigned to the same table at the same time each night. You can't choose early one night and late the next. You can vary your dining time if you opt for My Time (which I have never done, so I can't provide much info). If all your guests elect "my time", they won't seat you all at the same time, and you may not be near each other.

If you have booked through the Royal Caribbean groups department, you should contact them to arrange seating for your large party. Or, if you've used a travel agent, they should also be able to help.

Thanks. I'll contact my TA in the morning