NYC Port Parking

One strategy is to park for $16/day at Port Imperial in Weehawken, NJ, and take the ferry across to 39th St for $9/pp each way. Folks have reported this to be an accessible trip with luggage and easy if one person gets dropped off at the ferry entrance with all the luggage. It is self park with both outdoor and garage parking.

From 39th St folks there is free bus service to close to the port entrance. Folks also walk or take a cab.

• 2 weeks later...

The port is the safest parking there is and this is coming from someone who refuses to use parking garages in NYC

But the port parking....I use it all the time

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didn't know about parkjockey. I will keep it in mind! Much cheaper for a 1/2 mile walk!

Do you have to leave your key with them?

That 1/2 mile walk has potential to cost you

Another question about port parking......Does it ever fill up and you have to go look elsewhere for a space. I would hate to get there and find out that I can't use it.

Never ever heard of that happening as they have an additional parking deck plus they have side parking on the entranceway to the lot which I have personally seen and it is just as safe

Do not worry about this but my suggestion is to still arrive by 10/11am anyway so to enjoy a fuller day in the ship and if course to get a great spot of your choice

I actually have see it fill up in the summer if there are multiple cruise ships in port, but if you arrive in the morning you'll be OK.

Also don't park on the entranceway road in the winter even if they are permitting it. I've seen cars parked there get plowed in if there's a snowstorm while you're away.

With the busier summer sailings (early Fall as well) - Pier 88's parking might come close to full ... and, there're recent post over at NCL's forum that some had to park at Pier 90 and when they returned, walk back over (this is true if they embark via Pier 90 with 2 or more ships docking the same day, but disembark using Pier 88)

I've never seen Pier 90 come anywhere close to full ... it's like walking 1/2 of a city block longer. One can always check & look ahead at the port's schedule for ships for a given date for some indications of a hectic day at the port.

https://www.nycruise.com/schedule/

I've sailed Carnival from Pier 90, their normal pier and returned to Pier 88 the NCL pier because only the Carnival ship was in port the day we returned. 88 has been refurbished "more" you could say then 90. If you did park it was at 90 and you had to take your bags from 88 to 90.

Some porters did bring people over to 90 some did not, I'm sure that was all based on the gifts of green paper with pictures of dead people on it that were offered.

If we drive a van, is there an oversized charge when parking at the pier? Thanks

No. There is an 8' 3" height limit. The lots are outdoors on the pier roofs, but I believe the height limit is for clearing overhead signage.