Bus from Baltimore to Bayonne, N.J.

Patty00

Has anyone ever taken the RC recommended bus to Bayonne? They used to be called Entertainment tours but have changed their name. We would be boarding it at the Travel Plaza in Baltimore on I95/O'Donnell Street in Baltimore. We would like to take a cruise on the Explorer. I would like to know if anyone who has taken the bus liked it and would take it again. What time did you arrive at the ship? Do they make rest room stops? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

Has anyone ever taken the RC recommended bus to Bayonne? They used to be called Entertainment tours but have changed their name. We would be boarding it at the Travel Plaza in Baltimore on I95/O'Donnell Street in Baltimore. We would like to take a cruise on the Explorer. I would like to know if anyone who has taken the bus liked it and would take it again. What time did you arrive at the ship? Do they make rest room stops? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

Hi,

Where did you find the info for this bus? Is there a list of the scheduled sailings and info on the cost? Never heard of this before...Thanks.

Has anyone ever taken the RC recommended bus to Bayonne? They used to be called Entertainment tours but have changed their name. We would be boarding it at the Travel Plaza in Baltimore on I95/O'Donnell Street in Baltimore. We would like to take a cruise on the Explorer. I would like to know if anyone who has taken the bus liked it and would take it again. What time did you arrive at the ship? Do they make rest room stops? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks[/quote

Interesting that she would stop at the Travel Plaza in Baltimore as there has been no regular bus service from there for several years since Peter Pan bus service and Greyhound pulled out of there.

Keep in mind if they do still stop there the location is not very desirable . There is a truck stop across the street and truck wash on the premise and low income housing nearby-along with police surveillance cameras mount a few blocks away.

Thanks for all your information. Your description of the Travel Plaza sounds scary....but it is better than driving. Will ask them if they have a rest room on the bus or just make one stop. I have now bookmarked the website....thanks again...

You might be better off taking bolt bus or something to nyc/jersey city and then just take a cab from jc to the port it's pretty close

This sounds easy, but it's a PITA. NY cabs don't have to take you to Bayonne and they can charge what they like. Car service to Bayonne will be $75-100 incl tolls and tip.

I've taken Entours from Boston to Bayonne and was very happy with it. Parking in Bayonne is $19/day. Add on crossing and turnpike tolls and gas. If you're only 2 people, $200 rt for the both of you is a steal.

The buses were large luxury coaches used for charters - very comfortable. If you're not leaving your car where the bus stops, why do you care? Wait till you see what Bayonne looks like.

WE take a taxi to the Hartford train station. Cabby handles luggage. The bus driver loads luggage into the bus. At the port, porters and driver offload luggage onto carts. Never touch luggage between home and stateroom. Thats why we love Entertainment. And no traffic to deal with.

You may think of taking Amtrak from Baltimore to Newark Airport and then taking a cab to the port.

We are doing a repo in less than 2 weeks and we are taking Amtrak from Newark PENN to BWI airport. Was really reasonably priced.

We hired a car to take us from the port to the train station. Of course we only needed one way transportation so that helped.

Yes, I took the Entertainment Tours Bus from Baltimore's Travel Plaza in November 2011 and it was fantastic. They sub-contract for busses outside of the New England area. We traveled on a modern luxury coach and they pick you up at the port terminal for the return trip. I highly recomment them. They are convenient and reasonable in price. My family will be using them again this year. Yes, they have restrooms on the coach. We had someone drop us off and pick us up at the Travel Plaza. The neighborhood is a non-issue because it is a well patrolled area with a lot of activity. Yes, Peter Pan and Greyhound left about a year ago, but many busses still stop there to pickup and drop off passengers. The Website is http://www.enttours.com and they are still very much in business. They have a user-frinely website and a customer service Toll Free number 800-310-9900. The options for transfer to Bayonne are numerous, but not many are as economical as the bus. The pick-up locations for Entertainment Tours are similar in all the cities and towns where they stop.

Edited by Geoff Charles

I looked at this for our trip in November. I thought it would be a little cheaper for a shorter trip from Philly and I am a little concerned with the 12:15 pick-up time. Its around an hour and half without traffic travel time.

Still considering our options.

It is funny that you expressed that concern becasue I had the same anxiety. Our bus originated in Baltimore at 10:00 but the driver called ahead to the Philadelphia passengers at Essington and they were ready to board when the bus arrived at 11:30. We were in Bayonne around 1:20, only becasue everyone on the bus, including the Philadelphia passengers, wanted a quick rest stop, which ended up being a 20 minute stop. We arrived in Bayonne, went through Customs without a line, and were all on the ship before 2:00.

Edited by Geoff Charles

The buses were large luxury coaches used for charters - very comfortable. If you're not leaving your car where the bus stops, why do you care? Wait till you see what Bayonne looks like.

Never touch luggage between home and stateroom. Thats why we love Entertainment.

Yes, I took the Entertainment Tours Bus from Baltimore's Travel Plaza in November 2011 and it was fantastic. The Website is www.enttours.com and they are still very much in business. They have a user-frinely website and a customer service Toll Free number 800-310-9900. The options for transfer to Bayonne are numerous, but not many are as economical as the bus. The pick-up locations for Entertainment Tours are similar in all the cities and towns where they stop.

Exactly. I know a few people who recently used Entertainment Tours to Bayonne to sail on the Summit and they were thrilled that they did. Amtrak to Newark Penn and then a taxi or car service to the port while schlepping luggage definitely isn't as attractive to me as getting dropped off to hop on a bus. Also, any time we can avoid driving on I-95 north is worth an alternative form of transportation to us. ;)

I looked at this for our trip in November. I thought it would be a little cheaper for a shorter trip from Philly and I am a little concerned with the 12:15 pick-up time. Its around an hour and half without traffic travel time.

Still considering our options.

Me too!! We are sailing on the Explorer in Oct and that time really kind of scared me so much that I do not know about booking the bus.

We DID use this service way back in 2007 and it was really great! Then I think the bus came about 10am, it was a nice early time. The other great thing about it was that due to a hurricane, we did not arrive back to Bayonne until later afternoon and we were not off the ship until maybe like 6 or 7pm and we did not have to worry about transportation. I would book it in a second but still just worried about that pick up time.....

• 5 years later...

These treads are from 2012.....I am a senior and concerned about taking my 2 suitcases myself. I will be traveling alone. How long does a taxi take to get to the port? In addition, how difficult is it to find one? I will be taking a taxi to the BWI Amtract station to Newark station and then getting a taxi or shuttle service to the port. Any information you can offer will be appreciated.

These treads are from 2012.....I am a senior and concerned about taking my 2 suitcases myself. I will be traveling alone. How long does a taxi take to get to the port? In addition, how difficult is it to find one? I will be taking a taxi to the BWI Amtract station to Newark station and then getting a taxi or shuttle service to the port. Any information you can offer will be appreciated.

Short answer - Solo cruiser here - I'm on a cruise now. For cabs go to Newark Penn Station. More later