renting jet skis

cruisesR4me

http://www.watersportssomersetbridge.com/jet_ski.html

There is also this option Somersetbridge Watersports

Definitely recommend Somerset.

Great excursion. Worth taking the trip there, easy taxi ride.

The link in my signature has a review and some pix and info on our jetski excursion if interested.

Edited by LA_CA_GAL

The OP asked for a jet ski rental at the Dockyard. Somersetbridge Watersports is not at the Dockyard.

SBtS

I understand that.

However, I am familiar with the jetski rentals at the Dockyard, and those at Somerset. It is less than a 10 minute taxi ride, and they reimburse you the taxi fare. Well worth it.

I highly recommend doing Somerset.

I understand that.

However, I am familiar with the jetski rentals at the Dockyard, and those at Somerset. It is less than a 10 minute taxi ride, and they reimburse you the taxi fare. Well worth it.

I highly recommend doing Somerset.

Have you done the ones at Dockyard so as to compare them with the ones you did at Somerset? Wondering what advantage there would be doing them from Somerset over doing the Dockyard ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you done the ones at Dockyard so as to compare them with the ones you did at Somerset? Wondering what advantage there would be doing them from Somerset over doing the Dockyard ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speaking with someone that did Dockyard jetskis, they got on the jet skis, went out past the cruise ship, and just went back and forth.

With Somerset, go to my review in my signature and see what we did.

Hope this helps.

Speaking with someone that did Dockyard jetskis, they got on the jet skis, went out past the cruise ship, and just went back and forth.

Don't know who the someone you spoke to went out with but the KS Watersports Jet Ski tour from the Dockyard that SBtS linked to goes all the way to Somerset Bridge, which is near where your Jet Ski tour started. It does not only go back and forth past the cruise ship. From your review it sounds like the tours are very similar.

Edited by Charles4515

don't know who the someone you spoke to went out with but the ks watersports jet ski tour from the dockyard that sbts linked to goes all the way to somerset bridge, which is near where your jet ski tour started. It does not only go back and forth past the cruise ship. From your review it sounds like the tours are very similar.

Ok. Disregard my experience and what I have said.

Edited by LA_CA_GAL

Originally Posted by LA_CA_GAL viewpost.gif

With Somerset, go to my review in my signature and see what we did.

This is from the KS description of their base tour, the Jet Ski Adventure -

This Adventure is 75 minutes long and takes you around the amazing western end of the island. Throttle up while you skim past some of Bermuda's beautiful pink sand beaches, historic landmarks, the sea gardens, bridges, and shipwrecks, to name just a few. We even stop off at the H.M.S. Vixen shipwreck where hundreds of fish swim up to the Jet Ski’s whenever we arrive, a truly amazing site to see. Here you will get a chance to feed the fish from your Jet Ski, while our tour guide tells you a little bit about the shipwreck and the area around you. Depending on how fast the group is, we may also stop at a secluded beach area for a short swim or stop near the sea gardens where there's a good chance of spotting baby sea turtles, longtail birds, manta rays, and much more. This adventure is suitable for all ages and skill levels and departs from our Dockyard location.

It seems to be more than going out past the cruise ship, and just going back and forth.

SBtS

We went with K&S on Thursday and we definitely didn't just go back and forth near the cruise ship. We went under a bridge out to Cambridge beaches then over to the vixen where we stopped and fed the fish with bread the provided, then went onward to a beach where we stopped o swim and some folks jumped off a small cliff. When travelling we did a lot of s curves in the open ocean. I do think Somersets may be a bit better cause I think you have less "no wake" time as the one leaving from dockyard has to go out from the port. But it was very convenient and we were able to jet ski in the morning and go back to the ship for lunch thus saving $$ for food.

Either one you will enjoy!

• 9 months later...

We did Somerset after reading many many reviews. Although not at the dockyard we opted for the taxi ride (which we were reimbursed for). We did it our last day in port and did the early tour, made it back with plenty of time for shopping at the pier before sailaway. The guide was fantastic, covered a ton of territory, we enjoyed every minute and would do it again in a heartbeat. Made several stops including the opportunity to swim with the fish. We opted to take the bus back to the dockyard but a taxi would be more convenient.